No. 1 striker

Guest tobiazvanderziaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The longer Shola is out, the better he seems to get. Just because he scored a hat trick of tap ins and a Pen doesn't mean he's any good. Carroll contributes far more to the team.

No he doesn't.

Yes, he does.

Better in the air, better with his feet, more fight for the cause with his defensive responsibilities and a better finisher. And I don't even rate Carroll very highly.

Agree.

I think a lot of people are gonna get let down by Ameobi when he comes back now, such expectancy. He had one well taken goal on the back of scoring a decent but not the hardest hattrick. I wouldnt expect him to come out instantly firing again. Hopefully he will, but people are expecting a lot now for a player thats never done well on the back of that.

The longer Shola is out, the better he seems to get. Just because he scored a hat trick of tap ins and a Pen doesn't mean he's any good. Carroll contributes far more to the team.

No he doesn't.

Yes, he does.

Better in the air, better with his feet, more fight for the cause with his defensive responsibilities and a better finisher. And I don't even rate Carroll very highly.

Agree.

I think a lot of people are gonna get let down by Ameobi when he comes back now, such expectancy. He had one well taken goal on the back of scoring a decent but not the hardest hattrick. I wouldnt expect him to come out instantly firing again. Hopefully he will, but people are expecting a lot now for a player thats never done well on the back of that.

You agree that Carroll is a better finisher?  :lol:

Explain your recollection of these two tap ins please. I seem to remember two headers that beat the keeper with a defender on Shola on each.

Voted Shola, but I think it's far from being clear-cut. None of them are gonna score a shit-load of goals over a season, so I guess the sensible option would be to rotate them based upon the kind of opposition we're up against each week. I know there's something to be said for playing the man in form, but until one of them can show that their form can be consistently high for more than a handful of games Hughton needs to be ruthless and switch them about for the benefit of the team as a whole.

Carroll's link up play with the rest of his  team mates is hit and miss, whereas Ranger's the best of the lot in this regard. If he can start scoring goals h'll be the best, until then probably Shola.

Of course it is because most of the games he has played he has had his back to goal so he has the more options to pass than the other strikers who tend to go towards the goal.

Put it down however you want but his hold up play has been excellent when he's played, I don't think any of the other strikers have shown the same ability. Back to goal or not, you need to be able to bring other team mates into the game as a target man so it's not a bad quality.

Sherla is the best of the lot at this moment in time. If we go up, none of them would be good enough to score the goals to keep us up. :neutral:

and will fat ASh buy?

Got no idea who'll be owning us in May. Don't know who we'll buy or who we'll sell. I just know we have to get promoted this season and the current set of strikers aren't good enough to perform in the Premier League.

I think people here are funny that include all of you who voted for Shola. I am not Shola hater but he is out for 4 month and how come he is our 1 one striker? The number 1 striker at this football club is Andy Carroll. It is not repution or any thing but currently he is NO 1.

None of these really.

I think our relatively successful season has depended on a good partnership in front of 9 other cohesive players in the team. There are no number ones at this club any more and thats a good culture to have really.

It would be great to see an out and out goalscorer here. If we had one, like a Beckford or a Fryatt, I would prefer to see Ranger up front with him rather than Carroll or Shola. Ranger works harder and will only get better. The other two are pretty limited in my opinion. If we go up though, none of the strikers we have have anything like enough quality to help keep us up.

I think Caroll has contributed the most considering Sholas been injured and the fact he scored possibly the shittest hat trick in history kind of puts the seed of doubt in my mind about him. I'd like to see Ranger get some starts so I can suss his actual contribution and ability.

Lovenkrands seemed to have a good game saturday and looked pacy and had guile so I think he is probably near the top in terms of finishing. Despite Harewood's enthusiasm and contribution against Swansea I still believe he can't cut it.

Personally I'd like to see what Carroll/Ranger and Lovenkrands would be able to do as I feel it brings more guile, pace and finishing possibilities to the fold. Not ideal by any stretch but I think thats been touched on quite a bit