No. 1 striker

Guest tobiazvanderziaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ameobi is our stand out first choice. Then I think it should be himself, Loven, Ranger, Carroll, Harewood in order. I would let Harewood go in Jan and review Loven, Carroll and Ameobi depending on our situation at the end of the season.

Harewoods clearly the one we dont need.

Ameobis our best finisher upfront so far with the confidence he has now, a different player. Lovenkrands pace is just always useful & Ranger/Carroll will be our next Ferdinand/Shearer. Obviously.

Harewood has been getting better.

Have him in before Charver Carroll TBH

I would agree. He still has to earn an extension to his deal but he's a different type of player to the rest in our squad. Still handy to have around for me.

Can't get over the fact that Ranger has more than Harewood and Lovenkrands.  :lol:

I voted Ranger because although he's not scored yet he's the only one who looks to me to have a chance of being a quality Premier striker. The rest might be ahead of him in the pecking order but apart from Carroll they aren't going to get any better.

That thought occurs to me as well. Ranger may show his inexperience, but given that the alternatives aren't significantly better, why not give the chance to the player who is improving.

On the other hand, I have to remind myself that 7 points ahead of 2nd place and 12 points ahead of 3rd after only 20 games does indicate that Hughton knows what he's doing at the moment. Ranger will establish himself as a regular before long, I'm quite sure of that.

Harewood has been getting better.

Have him in before Charver Carroll TBH

I would agree. He still has to earn an extension to his deal but he's a different type of player to the rest in our squad. Still handy to have around for me.

Dont see much point in keeping him around. We wont buy him with 4 other strikers because hes a bit handy at times. He has to stand out & prove himself to be much better than what we have right now & he hasnt done that atall. Its just been decent & even that was a step up from initially being useless.

Carroll/Ranger both have time to gain experience & improve & will likely be with us in the prem. We'd do far better to give them as much experience as they can get in the first team in a lower league in that time.

For me it should be Lovenkrands. Carroll, ranger, Shola and Harewood while all slightly different have the same primary role. Big, strong lads, half decent in the air and capable of holding the ball up.

Lovenkrands adds a completely diffrent dimension. As well as worrying defenders with pace he has a canny knack of getting into goal scoring position that the others don't.

When everyone is fit Shola and Lovenkrands should be up top every time if you ask me.

Why does it bother you if he's here to provide an extra option, are his wages coming out of your pocket?

Think Ameobi/Lovenkrands with Carroll/Ranger as backup is more than enough. Id rather the younger two were getting experience so theyre more useful if needed in the prem than Harewood.

Were you there today ronaldo? Its just it sounds like Carroll had a good game but you are still moaning about him so I assume you were there and have seen something different to the others who were also there.

Carroll's played up front more than anyone else this season. 4 goals to show for it represents a pretty bad return for a striker almost guarenteed a place in the team every week.

Don't think his game is primarily about being the goalscorer tbh.  He needs a runner getting beyond him to be most effective, something our defensive tactics don't lend themselves to.

Carroll was excellent in his role. The problem was that even though he was winning headers almost every time and often getting a clever flick on it his partner was nowhere to be seen. Sounds a daft thing to say but apart from the goal Nolan was useless.

The most annoying thing was that Hughton didn't spot the problem.

I'm sure that he did well, going purely off the words of brilliant posters like Dave.

What's your problem, like?

Carroll was excellent in his role. The problem was that even though he was winning headers almost every time and often getting a clever flick on it his partner was nowhere to be seen. Sounds a daft thing to say but apart from the goal Nolan was useless.

The most annoying thing was that Hughton didn't spot the problem.

I'm sure that he did well, going purely off the words of brilliant posters like Dave.

What's your problem, like?

That he thinks you're a brilliant poster clearly. ;)