Aaron Spear, wtf?

Guest Mani

Has left.

Lass in here's daughter is his girlfriend.

He's left because of the scrapping of the reserve team for next season, didn't want to still be an academy player when he could step up into a rserve team elsewhere.

Has had his contract paid up and was in talks with an SPL team last week.

Seriously?

Any proof?

Has left.

Lass in here's daughter is his girlfriend.

He's left because of the scrapping of the reserve team for next season, didn't want to still be an academy player when he could step up into a rserve team elsewhere.

Has had his contract paid up and was in talks with an SPL team last week.

Seriously?

Any proof?

That's what she told me which reinforced what another lad had said about a meeting his mate had had with lee Charnley about a month.

I might be wrong but im sure that some other clubs have done it too and set up a series of behind doors games.  Seem to remember forest and Villa doing something like that last year.  Like i said though, could be wrong.

A few teams don't bother with reserve teams any more. Don't think Spurs or Wolves (amongst others) bother with it any more as the Reserve Team league format is so poor. They just host 'friendly' games with other sides/academies instead. Seems an odd decision if true, unless players will either be young enough for the academy, loaned out or involved in the first team. Will wait for Obi to confirm as he seems most clued up with this side of things.

We scrapped the reserves in the past and had to admit it was a blunder, can't see why we'd do it again. I know there's been a lot of personnel changes since then but surely someone is still around from that time, and must have pointed out that last time it was a shite idea?

Guest toonlass

:lol:

cwarr07 Colin

Just been told Aaron Spear has left Newcastle United to join Fulham, down to being homesick #nufc

Well then Cwarr07 knows more than Aaron himself, as he has said on facebook that he doesn't know where he is going, that he's going to sit for a couple of weeks and think about it. Fulham are a possibility, but there is a club in Holland who are interested (how he thinks he will manage with being in Holland, if he got homesick in Newcastle).

Cwarr07 is so full of shit, its unbelievable!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I might be wrong but im sure that some other clubs have done it too and set up a series of behind doors games.  Seem to remember forest and Villa doing something like that last year.  Like i said though, could be wrong.

:thup:

You have to pay to be part of the Premier League Reserve League, much cheaper/safer to just organise your own behind closed door games as when and where you need them.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere

Thursday's Chronicle reports the departure of academy /reserve midfielder Aaron Spear, meaning that another Dennis Wise signing has failed to make the grade. 

Signed from Plymouth Argyle for an undisclosed fee in summer 2008, attacking midfielder Spear - who turned 18 in April - initially appeared for United's U16 and U18 sides.

A reserve bow came in February 2009 and his first goal at that level was scored against Rotherham United at the Don Valley Stadium that October.

However injuries and a lack of form hampered his progress and what turned out to be his final outing came in May 2011 for the U18s, in a 1-1 draw with Sheffield United.

The departure of Spear adds another name to the list of failed signings pushed through by former club Director Dennis Wise - including Nacho Gonzalez, Xisco, Fabio Zamblera and Samuel Adjei.

Still in the "wait and see" category meanwhile are Nile Ranger, Haris Vuckic and Ole Soderberg - although the future looks less than bright for the Swedish 'keeper.

(PS: both Sebastien Bassong and Jonas Gutierrez were retrospectively claimed as Wise discoveries following the departure of Kevin Keegan from SJP. Wise also worked on a deal to sign Luka Modric, only for the player to have a late change of heart and opt for Spurs).

From nufc.com

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Soderberg is always out on the piss, far too much for any athlete.

:nolan:

• 1 month later...

Spear has just joined the Icelandic side IBV on loan :lol:

Source (in Icelandic)

On loan from who?  I thought we'd released him??

Was the release rumour not part of that bullshit about the reserves being disbanded?

No, he definately got paid off and moaned his tits off because he had to pay 40% tax on his pay off as well. He apparently was not being promoted to the reserves and was being held back in the academy for another year. He didn't get on with Joe Joyce and wanted out of the academy so had his contract paid up.