Newcastle United vs Middlesbrough pre-match thread

Stifler

Hughton is expecting Simpson and Guthrie to be fit for Sunday so that means Butt out and a return to 4-4-2 surely? While he can try to justify playing two holding midfielders away from home, I don't think he risk such a negative approach at home. I reckon Pancrate will drop back to the bench with Smith and Nolan in the middle, Guthrie and Jonas out wide.

Guest toonlass

Boro have a massive selection problem apparantly.

St Ledger is ineligible as his loan has ended and his contract with Boro doesn't start again until Jan 1st and they have Aliadier, Digard, Hines, Riggott and possibly Johnson out injured.

Guest WashyGeordie

Is Nolan suspended for this? I thought I heard he was. IF he is then I think a 4-4-2 is in order with Smith and Guthrie in the middle.

I'm going for a slender win....2-1.

Carroll is due to his 5th booking.

Team news:

NUFC: Newcastle will be without Andy Carroll after he picked up his fifth booking of the season at Barnsley.

Danny Guthrie wasn't risked at Oakwell after reporting in with a slight knee injury, but both he and the dropped Danny Simpson are in contention for a recall.

Zurab Khizanishvili's loan period has now ended and he's returned to Blackburn Rovers, while both Joey Barton and Haris Vuckic remain sidelined.

Guest Heneage

So what will Boro's starting line up be?

Jones

Hoyte        Pogatetz    Wheater  McMahon

Yeates        Williams    Osbourne    Emnes

Lita        Kitson

Jones

Hoyte         Pogatetz    Wheater   McMahon

Yeates         Williams    Osbourne     Emnes

Lita         Kitson

No idea, try asking on a Boro forum.

So does anyone know how many tickets have been sold, I can't get any of my firends to go because they are all at work, so I think I may just go by myself, get up early and into level 7 to save myself £10 to sit lower down maybe in order though.

Jones

Hoyte         Pogatetz    Wheater   McMahon

Yeates         Williams    Osbourne     Emnes

Lita         Kitson

Why did you ask a question then answer it? :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

So does anyone know how many tickets have been sold, I can't get any of my firends to go because they are all at work, so I think I may just go by myself, get up early and into level 7 to save myself £10 to sit lower down maybe in order though.

If you mean pay on the gate then you cant do it, advance sales only for Sunday

The club have only just put 2 blocks at the back of the Gallowgate on sale and two in the lower North West corner so there are plenty of seats there. Other than a couple of blocks in the Milburn the ground is going to be pretty full.