Newcastle United vs Middlesbrough pre-match thread

Stifler

Could be in doubt due to snow on Saturday and Ice on Sunday...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10?area=NE1

I remember when Charlton i think it was travelled all the way up here on a Monday night a few years back only for it to be called off because of the snow. That must have been a pisser for them!

think it was southampton. i was sat in the pub with a couple of saints fans and they wouldn't believe the match was off.

im sure it was Charlton, i have known to be wrong before though.....

It was Charlton because I remember doing the 400 mile round trip the midlands (never mind east london) t6o see the game...sat up in level 7 made up to be at the game when the wankers come up with some s**** about it being dangerous for travel. I'd set off early that day from near Tamworth so i'm guessing Charlton's faithful would've set off on their 'dangerous' travel before me.... :dowie:  :angry:

Another block on level 7 has sold out.

Looking at the plan there are only 37 seats left in Level 7 - defo 50,000+ crowd and the Championship record  :clap2:

But level 7 has been virtually full all season. Its the corporates and the lower Leazes that have been empty.

Looking at the map area there is just one corporate area doing poorly (about 30% sold) - the rest of the ground is not far off sold out

It's canny as well as you can click on each section and see which seats are left. The Leazes lower is virtually sold out, there's only one section of the Platinum Club towards the Gallowgate thats not nearly sold out. Club say they're expecting over 45K though which sounds low to me after looking at the plan in detail (i'm bored stiff at work and am here till 5.30 with bot all to do).

Having not counted up I'm not 100% certain but if you look at each section it looks to be no more than a 1000 seats still available

Another block on level 7 has sold out.

Looking at the plan there are only 37 seats left in Level 7 - defo 50,000+ crowd and the Championship record  :clap2:

But level 7 has been virtually full all season. Its the corporates and the lower Leazes that have been empty.

Looking at the map area there is just one corporate area doing poorly (about 30% sold) - the rest of the ground is not far off sold out

It's canny as well as you can click on each section and see which seats are left. The Leazes lower is virtually sold out, there's only one section of the Platinum Club towards the Gallowgate thats not nearly sold out. Club say they're expecting over 45K though which sounds low to me after looking at the plan in detail (i'm bored stiff at work and am here till 5.30 with bot all to do).

Having not counted up I'm not 100% certain but if you look at each section it looks to be no more than a 1000 seats still available

Most of the nearly sold out sections have less than 10 tickets left. There's only the 2 Platinum Club sections at each end of the Milburn that have plenty tickets left. Unless Boro don't sell more than 1500 tickets i think it'll be over 50K no problem.

some great "training in the snow" pics on getty.

Asking myself who those guys with shorts are? 

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/94744214.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F59ACB83F6FD3FEF403E267D6FC7D134CB320E09DFBF49D032

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/94744221.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F571CCC254A6A7B3C13E267D6FC7D134CB1D3D93C91E30882A

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/94744216.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F531BA93FD274EC4CD3E267D6FC7D134CBA848BDDE0BA53B03

I remember home games v Southampton and Charlton being postponed less than a couple of hours before kick off.

Regarding the crowd for Sunday I can't see Middlesbrough bringing more than 2,000 which is quite frankly pathetic, so there's 1,000 taken off capacity and then there's the old family enclosure which used to be at the back of Leazes Level 4 which they changed to a corporate area and haven't sold any tickets in there this season, Sundays game included, which leaves another 1,500 empty seats so that brings the crowd down to below 50,000 straight away.

Boro say that they are close to selling out and there have definetly been people in the old family section during some games this season.

Well they definately haven't been selling tickets online in the old family section for the Boro match,  or the upcoming home games with Derby, West Brom and Crystal Palace. I'd be astonished of Boro bring more than 2,000 up for the match as they have one of the worst away supports in the country.

Guest toonlass

About 15 years ago a West Ham wednesday night game got called off about 10 minutes before kick off. They reckoned the streets in Newcastle were too icy to get to the ground.

About 15 years ago a West Ham wednesday night game got called off about 10 minutes before kick off. They reckoned the streets in Newcastle were too icy to get to the ground.

Shame the game's on BBC, if it was Sky we'd be making sure it went ahead. Don't think beeb's fistful of dollars has quite the same motivational effect.

Guest The_Scoreboard

feel a bit cautious about this one. IF they come and have a go at us, which away form tells us they probably will, we'll struggle.

no chance, we gonna hammer them. more or less full strength squad against their depleted defence(few bench players playing in wrong positions etc), 17 pts(iirc) behind us in league, nearly 50 thousand geordies against their paltry less than 2k. Being southerners they won't be able to hack the weather up here either :smug:

3-1 to the mags. shola 2, loven 1, s.taylor O.G. :celb:

Boro say that they are close to selling out and there have definetly been people in the old family section during some games this season.

Couple of games there have been a fair number in that section, Swansea for one.

Don't they give tickets to school children for there?

Couple of games there have been a fair number in that section, Swansea for one.

Don't they give tickets to school children for there?

Nee idea, but currently 1 section of it is on sale with a limited availability and the rest is unavailable.

Guest SupermacTheLegend

I reckon 3-1 to us, and i've just found out i'm not sitting in level 7, Gutted. Could only get seats in level 2, going back up to level 7 for the derby match like so i'm not botherd. Borro have a few players out don't they?

Guest SupermacTheLegend

Level 7 is now sold out, I've just been to get my ticket, and their was none left for level 7.

I know dude, it sucks.  :-[

Well they definately haven't been selling tickets online in the old family section for the Boro match,  or the upcoming home games with Derby, West Brom and Crystal Palace. I'd be astonished of Boro bring more than 2,000 up for the match as they have one of the worst away supports in the country.

They have just put a section of the old family enclosure on public sale. Showing up as good availability in there now.

Hughton is talking Boro up, expect a 4-5-1.

Not sure like, more for the fact I can't see him dropping 2 of the 3 strikers that have been playing well (Lover, Harewood & Ameobi). Unless he puts Lovenkrands on the right and Ameobi on his own up top (couldn't play Harewood up his own. Think Lovenkrands would have a break down if that happens though.

Nailed on to be called off!

Can fkn see it now, bit of snow and health & safety go nutts.

Crazy isn't it?! I mean they won't stop people shopping in Newcastle on Sunday, but they'd stop people walking up to the ground.

Just grow a pair and chuck some grit down man.

I've never understood why they cant put a huge plastic sheet over the grass if they know full well that it might snow.  I know some matches get called off because of safety concerns for spectators but snow on the pitch should not be a valid reason.

I've never understood why they cant put a huge plastic sheet over the grass if they know full well that it might snow.  I know some matches get called off because of safety concerns for spectators but snow on the pitch should not be a valid reason.

Snow on our pitch will not be a problem, we've got heating under the grass.