Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen

I have loved every minute of the 3 years I have spent at such a fantastic club.

He has started 6 games in 3 years.

:pokerface:

League games? Surely it isn't THAT bad if you take CL and the cups into contention.

League games? Surely it isn't THAT bad if you take CL and the cups into contention.

League              Cup          League Cup      Europe          Other              Total

Apps Goals    Apps Goals    Apps Goals    Apps Goals    Apps Goals    Apps Goals

31      5          3      1          7        7          8    5          2        0          52    17

I actually hope he moves to a club where he can play, I'd like to see how many goals he would get. He's 32, I should be playing every week.

yeah but it's not about you.

That's true. Didn't feel the need to point that out, but you're right.

It makes you sick when you think about how much talent he actually has, and how little desire he's had for the past ten years.

the desire may have stayed if he hadn't been constantly injured.

You would think the amount of playing time he has missed would make him even more keen to play as many games as possible.

My guess is that he knows his body wouldn't stand up to regular football, so he goes where he can train well, look after his horses and play about 5 games a year.

You would think the amount of playing time he has missed would make him even more keen to play as many games as possible.

My guess is that he knows his body wouldn't stand up to regular football, so he goes where he can train well, look after his horses and play about 5 games a year.

yeah, i mean he knows he's not going to get back to playing regularly so isn't going to get worked up about it.

I actually hope he moves to a club where he can play, I'd like to see how many goals he would get. He's 32, I should be playing every week.

:lol:

Ah, I see what happened now.

We've not seen a lot of him of late, but my guess would be that his current level would be lower half of the Premiership / top half of the Championship. Perhaps even that's being generous.

Given his previous reputation, I don't think he fancies swallowing his pride and doing his bit for that kind of club.

Mind you, I don't know who he thought he was fooling, with this idea that remaining on Man U's books even as a reserve meant that he was still a top player.

Not sure. Took it from a twitter feed. BUT bottom line is that he seems to be perfectly happy without basically playing, especially his two last years.

His comments about not wanting to go to a daft little club like Hull when he could sit on Man Utd's bench suggest this may be the end for him, I doubted his love for the game then and it could only have been on the wane since.  He's such a passionless little non-entity of a personality that I can't see him wanting to get stuck in in the lower leagues.

Ah I hadn't even seen that, I was laughing at your response. :lol:

Ah I hadn't even seen that, I was laughing at your response. :lol:

and I was thinking, he hasn't relised what the hell I'm on about.