World Cup 2018 Host cities - Newcastle and Makemville both chosen

Fenham Mag

Good news for the mackems and us. Hopefully, some money will get thrown Sunderland's way to help tart up their hole of a city.

It's not a city, doesnt have a  proper catherdral

Not sure what your point is. It's clearly a city. As much as mackems (the footballer supporters) are deluded idiots, mackems the people are good, NE folk like the rest of us.

Maybe yes,  but they are still not a proper city,  They won it in a lottery for the queens golden jubilee

Official city status in Britain is granted by the monarch. That's precisely what makes a "proper city".

Good news for the mackems and us. Hopefully, some money will get thrown Sunderland's way to help tart up their hole of a city.

Not sure what your point is. It's clearly a city. As much as mackems (the footballer supporters) are deluded idiots, mackems the people are good, NE folk like the rest of us.

Maybe yes,  but they are still not a proper city,  They won it in a lottery for the queens golden jubilee

Thought it was more of a competition than a lottery? Anyway, if I win a million pounds in the lottery am I 'not really' a millionaire?

Thought it was more of a competition than a lottery? Anyway, if I win a million pounds in the lottery am I 'not really' a millionaire?

Well, isnt the classic definition of "millionaire" someone with an annual income of £1mil? if so, then no  :shifty:

point is correct though

Well, isnt the classic definition of "millionaire" someone with an annual income of £1mil? if so, then no  :shifty:

point is correct though

No.

point is correct though

Not really, if you win enough, put it in a high interest account, you could earn over £1m a year on the interest of the win.

Cant see us both avoiding the further cull tbh. This is the north east remember, we dont get what we want. 2 stadiums 12 miles apart? We've got nee chance imo.

But makes perfect sense to have a couple stadiums close to one another to host group games, non?

Cant see us both avoiding the further cull tbh. This is the north east remember, we dont get what we want. 2 stadiums 12 miles apart? We've got nee chance imo.

But makes perfect sense to have a couple stadiums close to one another to host group games, non?

Well, you could say that but if that was the case why dont they just use 6 London Stadiums!?!

All I am saying is that I cant see the north east getting 2 stadiums. We always get shit on.

it does, but sunderland lets the side down and we might suffer cos they have fuck all facilities available.

Should we get the WC, then I think us and the SOL will be ok, you can base a whole group up here. Home park, MK's, Bristol and unless they virtually rebuild it, Elland Road look the ones at real threat.

That would have London as a base for a group or two, the North West for the same, East/West mids, Sheffield/Leeds (if ok) and us for a group, with another fitted in somewhere - probably Laandan.

Guest eltsacwen

Is an expansion of St James Park likely? Or is it out of the question because of the listed buildings and problems with Strawberry Pl and reinforcement of the underground St James Metro station.

Is an expansion of St James Park likely? Or is it out of the question because of the listed buildings and problems with Strawberry Pl and reinforcement of the underground St James Metro station.

The east stand will never be able to go above it's current height, but their maybe a way to bring it down, rebuild it and change the layout so that more seats could be put in, but that would very unlikely be finicially viable. The Gallowgate can be extended, with modern engineering and such now it is possible, an extension of the Gallowgate alone would take capacity to between 60,000-62,000.

It should also be worth noting that Fat Fred wanted to increase capacity similar to this just before Mike Ashley came to the club, then Mike Ashley also had plans to aswell, even releasing renders, and also the Singapore group who wanted to buy us last summer said that they too would increase capacity to atleast 60,000 if their bid was successful.

Guest Roger Kint

Cull?  How many more will be culled?

I think I heard Lordy baldy bloke say FIFA will want 12 stadiums - so 3 more culled. I think that's the case, anyway.

I think FIFA have a minimum of 12 and maximum of 15 or something, dont think theres another cull at all otherwise why bother a year before its decided?

Well, you could say that but if that was the case why dont they just use 6 London Stadiums!?!

I can't think of 6 London stadiums good enough.