Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Simpsons 2 main problems are:  He backs off far to much and lets wingers into the penalty area and his distribution from right back is very poor and is not comfortable on the ball so rarely looks for it from the keeper. Against wingers who dont run at the full back he looks ok, but against tricky wingers he struggles and waits for the right winger to come back and help him.

He has a decent cross on him though and today he put a couple of good ones in.

If you look at our defence we have 2 players on the left who want to play football (Colo and Jose) but when its on the right Taylor and Simpson are not comfortable on the ball so will normally just hoof it clear and lose possession or make it hard for our forwards.

Guest Rey Mysterio

He is shit. Cannot think of one attribute where he is even close to being as good as Jose.

You need to think harder.

Name me one.

Guest toonlass

I thought he did ok for us today. Does need to cut out the backing off thing but that will come with confidence.

He is shit. Cannot think of one attribute where he is even close to being as good as Jose.

Name me one.

Simpson takes a better throw in. His short passing is also more consistently on target.

Silly nitpicking of Simpson going on here. A very promising right back who is improving all the time and is still learing his trade. Good going forward with a better cross than a lot of wingers. Scores the odd goals as well. Not sure what people want for 1m.

He doesn't dally on the ball like Enrique does and made some good interceptions today. Would also say that although not as talented, he is more effective going forward. Just takes a touch and whips it in, exactly what's needed, Enrique could take a leaf instead of pissing about and turning back/coming inside.

Guest Heneage

He is s***. Cannot think of one attribute where he is even close to being as good as Jose.

Name me one.

English.

Silly nitpicking of Simpson going on here. A very promising right back who is improving all the time and is still learing his trade. Good going forward with a better cross than a lot of wingers. Scores the odd goals as well. Not sure what people want for 1m.

Agreed, it reminds me of the silly nitpicking Hughton had from some on here.

;)

Guest Rey Mysterio

Name me one.

Simpson takes a better throw in. His short passing is also more consistently on target.

:lol:

Seriously, I'm not saying just because he isn't as good as Enrique it makes him shit, it was just a comparison drawing attention the gulf of quality between our two full backs.

IMO, Simpson is poor in every aspect of his game and needs a hell of a lot of coaching to reach the required level to be considered good enough for us while we are in this division.

Guest Rey Mysterio

It's a stupid comparison tbh.

Like VI calling Villa shit because he doesn't come close to Messi.

If you read my post again, I didn't say he was shit because he's not as good as Enrique, he does a good enough job of that on his own without Jose.

I had doubts in the summer, but when selected he has been consistently decent and made very little errors. Hes also looked neat and tidy when in possession and ping'd in some great crosses too.

He's getting stronger and improving week on week and doesn't look out of his depth like some others have in our squad

Overall hes been pretty decent for the money he cost and is improving too.

Keep it up lad

Like VI calling Villa s*** because he doesn't come close to Messi.

If you read my post again, I didn't say he was s*** because he's not as good as Enrique, he does a good enough job of that on his own without Jose.

:lol:

Well done btw.

Like VI calling Villa shit because he doesn't come close to Messi.

If you read my post again, I didn't say he was shit because he's not as good as Enrique, he does a good enough job of that on his own without Jose.

You just said he was shit.

Which is bollocks.