Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest Heneage

I never see Santon play it long, by contrast Simpson looks up and plays it blindly down the flank almost all the time. We can't 'play the ball' if we give it away so easily.

Don't care about that tbqh Mick.  His general play is appalling; like school boy bad.  Needs replacing asap.

I don't disagree, I just think we have bigger problems than him and until the bigger problems are removed I'll concentrate on them unless he's costing us goals or points.

He is by far our biggest problem in the team. Please enlighten on our 'bigger' problems.

I never see Santon play it long, by contrast Simpson looks up and plays it blindly down the flank almost all the time. We can't 'play the ball' if we give it away so easily.

Simpson, Williamson and Krul were all far too guilty of that.

Don't care about that tbqh Mick.  His general play is appalling; like school boy bad.  Needs replacing asap.

I don't disagree, I just think we have bigger problems than him and until the bigger problems are removed I'll concentrate on them unless he's costing us goals or points.

He is our biggest problem.  Well no, a lack of a quality right back is the actual problem.  It shackles our possession play in that we can only really effectively go down one side of the field with short controlled passing.  It was horrific to watch the first 5/6 games of the season without Santon where neither fullback was able to play a simple possession game when the need arose.  With Santon half the problem is solved, but we cannot go back to that lopsided approach that we had last season with Enrique and Jonas. We must sign a footballing right back in the summer and I would expect a significant improvement in our overall play if we did.

Guest bimpy474

Annoyed me second half when the ball was layed back to him on his right foot and he went on to cross it with his left foot, straight to the keeper.

Was thinking exactly that when he did it, swing it in so the GK can get it, or out where he cant, well where its more difficult too anyhoo.....:(

He is by far our biggest problem in the team. Please enlighten on our 'bigger' problems.

From today.

Ryan Taylor who ran past the player who scored the first Wolves goal, did Taylor even make an attempt at the ball?  Williamson who was too busy grabbing the bloke he was next to when they scored the 2nd.  Guthrie when he came on and seemed to fail with every attempt at finding a team mate.

Guest VaVaVoom

His game of charades with Williamson after their second was the highlight of the second half. Pair of wankers who are barely worth the peanuts we paid for them.

Absolutle truth.

The two of them are the weak links in what was almost out strongest 11 today.

Take them out the side, replace with Saylor and a new LB, moving Santon to RB and we have a very good back four.

They both are turgid shit.

:promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion::promotion:  :promotion::promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion::promotion: :promotion: :promotion: :promotion::promotion:

Guest bimpy474

My friend has a sister who is one ugly mutherfucker, yet she is very picky about men and only wants good looking ones to go out with, But just like Simpson she should stop thinking she is something else, if a decent fella is dangling a 7 incher and doesn't look like Benny from Crossroads, she needs to snap him up.

Simpson is never going to a bigger club than us, he is just as ugly as a footballer as mushface is as a female.

For all everyone hates him, the fact is he's been a virtual ever-present since we signed him. That includes winning the Championship, securing a mid-table finish last year and before today being a point off a Champions League spot 25 games into our second season back. I can see why he feels that contribution is worth more than we're presumably offering.

I do hope we upgrade the fullback positions in the summer however, and hopefully our contract offer reflects the intention to do so.

Guest bimpy474

Part of the problem is lack of competetion for old Simpson, it seems can play as poor as he can, and boy can he be poor, yet never ever gets dropped, if he had someone breathing down his neck then maybe his performances would be better, but alas Pardew the Magnificent sees no other challenge to the lad.

For all everyone hates him, the fact is he's been a virtual ever-present since we signed him. That includes winning the Championship, securing a mid-table finish last year and before today being a point off a Champions League spot 25 games into our second season back. I can see why he feels that contribution is worth more than we're presumably offering.

I do hope we upgrade the fullback positions in the summer however, and hopefully our contract offer reflects the intention to do so.

I hope we do go for an upgrade because when we have our best 11 on the field he's our weakest player.  He makes some good blocks and he can put some good balls into the opposition box (no matter how hard some people try to say that he doesn't) but like has been said, he's poor when he's on the ball.