Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

He is not very good, however he is way way better than Ryan Taylor. Some of the things you just take for granted with Simpson or any PL-standard player is sometimes just not there with Raylor. For that reason alone I prefer this lad.

Correct.

I genuinely don't think there's too much between Simpson and Ryan Taylor defensively. The only difference is that Taylor's errors are more blatant and clear cut, whereas Simpson's are less obvious but still as damaging; usually due to his beyond-shit positioning and inability to kick a football across the ground.

I also don't like how Simpson never seems to take responsibility for his mistakes. I remember him having a go at people after that ludicrous Bellamy free kick at Anfield which was basically his fault, and also refusing to admit it on Twitter post match when called out by a fan. His attitude stinks to high heaven at times imo, he gets a bit of an easy ride in the press because he's taken Steven Taylor's baton as NUFC mouthpiece and cliche spouting gobshite.

Be half interested to see Raylor at RB tbh.

At least he can cross a ball. Was ridiculous that Padew left Simpson on the whole second half against the Mackems when the full backs were basically playing as wingers.

His cross right at the end was absolutely pathetic, had loads of time in a great spot and just floated it aimlessly towards the far corner flag, I'd honestly have done better myself.

Guest Brynn

For all of my dislike of Simpsons lemonface when delivering a prime howler, I trust him more with somewhat reasonably holding the fort than Ryan Taylor.

Shaun Wright-Phillips performance against us taking on Raylor made Messis contribution vs Leverkusen seem  "reasonably decent"

Danny Simpson: Has made 5 clearances off the line in league games this season - 2 more than any other player in Europe's top 5 leagues.

If he was a better defender and player then he wouldnt have to clear those shots off the line in the first place  :razz:

I genuinely don't think there's too much between Simpson and Ryan Taylor defensively. The only difference is that Taylor's errors are more blatant and clear cut, whereas Simpson's are less obvious but still as damaging; usually due to his beyond-s*** positioning and inability to kick a football across the ground.

I also don't like how Simpson never seems to take responsibility for his mistakes. I remember him having a go at people after that ludicrous Bellamy free kick at Anfield which was basically his fault, and also refusing to admit it on Twitter post match when called out by a fan. His attitude stinks to high heaven at times imo, he gets a bit of an easy ride in the press because he's taken Steven Taylor's baton as NUFC mouthpiece and cliche spouting gobshite.

Nail on the head this.

I genuinely don't think there's too much between Simpson and Ryan Taylor defensively. The only difference is that Taylor's errors are more blatant and clear cut, whereas Simpson's are less obvious but still as damaging; usually due to his beyond-s*** positioning and inability to kick a football across the ground.

Nail on the head this.

Totally agree. Was ridiculous hearing him on Goals on Sunday the other week where he was criticising other defenders for backing off and letting the attacker get the cross in. Think it might have been Arshavin's ball for Henry at Arsenal. Those in glass houses Danny.

Nail on the head this.

Totally agree. Was ridiculous hearing him on Goals on Sunday the other week where he was criticising other defenders for backing off and letting the attacker get the cross in.

:lol: :lol:

It would be less hypocritical if Josef Fritzl were to criticise unsupportive parents.

I haven't forgotten how bad a full back Raylor is, I just don't think Simpson is that much better. If given the option to keep one of two in the squad next year it would be Raylor. Simpson should not be our first choice right back and there is not much point having him on the bench as the only position he can cover is RB. I hate the fact Raylor starts games for us, but would have him in the squad as 17th/18th/19th man as he can at least cover a number of positions if we get injuries.

It's genuinely surprising how people have forgotten how bad Ryan Taylor is at fullback. Time really is a healer.

Simpson reminds us every game by making the same mistakes.

Like playing everyone onside and showing his winger onto his favoured foot inside to have a shot.

Don't agree at all, Simpson isn't a great player but he's a slightly-below-average premier league fullback. Ryan Taylor is a terrible defender who basically needs his winger to do 90% of his job for him.

Completely agree, the mere fact he made SWP look like Messi and Richards look like Alves is good enough reason to never him play him there again  :lol:

I quite like Raylor as a squad player be it outwide or in midfield but he should be nowhere near fullback for his club.

Nail on the head this.

Totally agree. Was ridiculous hearing him on Goals on Sunday the other week where he was criticising other defenders for backing off and letting the attacker get the cross in.

:lol: :lol:

It would be less hypocritical if Josef Fritzl were to criticise unsupportive parents.

Was even funnier how he said that Taggart hauled him off at half time in his first match as he backed off and the opposition winger got a cross in that lead to a goal.

He should be prepared to accept the criticism for backing off and showing players inside. If he did this he would be able to learn from it and it would ultimately benefit his career. At Bristol City a couple of years ago there was no way Maynard should have been able to cut inside onto his right foot and get a shot away. Problem is he's so brain dead that he would rather spend his time developing games on for iphones. Shouldn't really expect anything else from someone who tried to convince a magistrate to take sympathy on him because he is only on 5 figures a week rather than 6 and therefore couldn't afford a few taxis!

Don't agree at all, Simpson isn't a great player but he's a slightly-below-average premier league fullback. Ryan Taylor is a terrible defender who basically needs his winger to do 90% of his job for him.

Couldn't agree more. I'm no fan of Simpson but he's a much better defender than Ryan Taylor.

Guest Rey Mysterio

What people forget in the Simpson Raylor debate is that Simpson is always in his most comfortable position of right back.

Imagine how shit he is now, then times it by two if he had to clear the ball/pass on his weaker foot the majority of the time.

Certainly in the league, I don't think Taylor has played on the right once this season. No one will ever convince me he'd do a worse job than Simpson there.

i wouldn't have too much to be against Simpson, if it wasn't for those continuous mindless long fucking balls he produces.

You would think an individual after 100 attemps on longballs and a handful actually working, he would have learned something, 

but...oh...no!  our precious Simpson the little numbskull has other ideas! he fucking carries on doing the same shit over and over the soft twat!

solely as a defender he really isnt that bad, he can tackle, his heading is ok, positional play can be suspect, and the amount of times he saved our arses clearing off our goal line has not been forgotten.

just fuck off with your long balls you cock!