Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

baby or not, his football has always been limited. He offers nothing going forward and defensively he is decent, never really outstanding

If defensively he was brilliant you could quietly ignore his failings going forward BUT he is not brilliant defensively

It is not an urgent area to sort out BUT we could easily improve

thought he was better going forward than defensively tbh.

I recall 1 cross he put in (canny cross as well) in the 2nd half, aside from that don't think he took a single player on, with or without the ball

It is made worse because it is not much better on the left side, at least before we had Enrique who used to get forward and could beat people BUT now both our full backs offer next to nothing

thought he was better going forward than defensively tbh.

I recall 1 cross he put in (canny cross as well) in the 2nd half, aside from that don't think he took a single player on, with or without the ball

It is made worse because it is not much better on the left side, at least before we had Enrique who used to get forward and could beat people BUT now both our full backs offer next to nothing

Taylor can't go past his man, but he did well when we got the ball to him in the final third and he had the time to whip a cross or a shot in. Him and Jonas are actually a pretty decent team going forward if you think about it, one is great at taking the ball forward but has fuck all end product, the other has lots of end product but is shit at taking the ball forward.

Never been a fan of his, but to be honest he has looked worse than usual this season, and it would seem that the complications with his little un is affecting him quite badly.

Sounds like she's getting better though, so there will be no excuses at QPR  :shifty:

does anyone else think that having no enrique has contributed to highlighting simpsons faults somewhat? we're conceding possession more on our left flank, and much deeper, which means there's more crosses coming in from our left as a result and simpsons very average in the air, which we're seeing more of. also our lack of threat down the left means that simpsons seeing much more of the ball and having to get forward more, and not really looking the part.

i feel like if we were more balanced as a team simpson could get on with being an average defender and not have the attention on him so much

Stupid foul for the frr kick which led to the goal, and pretty sure both the free headers that Krul saved were because of Simpson ball watching and letting his man get in unmarked.  Made a few good tackles and a couple of good forward runs though.

Case for RT to RB and new LB now, never thought I would have said it.. don't underestimate his ability at freekicks - goals throughout the team is a very, very good thing to have, it's a reason why I prefer S Taylor at CB than Williamson.

I guess it's a throwback to Keegan's way of thinking, any player on the pitch could (and did) score.

"Daddy" has been worse this season and pre-season than he was playing last season though.

I think if he had of thrown a wrapper on his sausage this would never have happened.

Guest BigTrev

"Daddy" has been worse this season and pre-season than he was playing last season though.

I think if he had of thrown a wrapper on his sausage this would never have happened.

That line is out of order

That line is out of order

If your Dad had bagged up, then you'd have never thought that line was out of order.