Real Madrid weigh up bid for Fabricio Coloccini

Thespence

Don't think Taylor has really improved, tbh. Still think he's a better at right-back than anything else. (Not saying he's s***, but nowhere near as good as certain folks think).

This.

Agreed, but I've always seen something of a young JT in Taylor*, when he's at RB he gets forward and supports the attack a lot better than any of our fullbacks in recent history (even Enrique)

*this is not to liken Taylor to the JT of the past 5 years, but at a similar age (Taylor has more experience as well)

Taylors better than Colo for me, does his job quietly and efficiently.

We got a clean sheet with Colo out against Bristol & would have had another at QPR if not for the deflected goal.

So all this "we were so bad when Colo was out" isnt that true. We lost the next two games because Taylor was out also.

Hi Dave

We got a clean sheet with Colo out against Bristol & would have had another at QPR if not for the deflected goal.

So all this "we were so bad when Colo was out" isnt that true. We lost the next two games because Taylor was out also.

We instantly looked a lot better when he returned against Sheff United. Even .com picked up on it.

I'd take 5 million or so, get in Killgallon for very little and use the other money to loan someone or buy a young player..

Bu then again, we have an owner who will only take cash in and then do f*** all with it.

Would rather leave it till the summer or get Killgallon in but not sell Colo.

Aye same but if Ashley gets Killgallon in January and someone offers hard cash for Colo then I reckon he will take it, we will still have a replacement. Personally I wouldn't let anyone bar Nicky Butt leave in January.

Get promoted, make changes in the summer, don't fook up our promotion because then everyone will be leaving and we will be stuck in this league of shite for a long time.

No-one is saying we were "so bad", we're just commenting that we didn't look as good with him out of the team...

Yeah because both our defenders were out. If either had come back we'd have looked better again.

Im not making an argument about not needing Colo, id like to see how he does in the Prem again.

Just the "we were bad when colo was out" has been used to prove how hes our best defender a few times now & thats not really how it went down.

If we could get our money back we'd be mental not to do so, even a couple of mill less would just make too much sense considering the wages he's on.

He'd certainly need replacing though, and i doubt Ashley has the mental capacity to see that through to a satisfactory conclusion.

A replament for Coloccini would cost £8m plus.

:lol:

If we could get our money back we'd be mental not to do so, even a couple of mill less would just make too much sense considering the wages he's on.

He'd certainly need replacing though, and i doubt Ashley has the mental capacity to see that through to a satisfactory conclusion.

The way idiots like you talk about Coloccini you'd think he was Andy O'Brien or Peter Ramage.

The way idiots like you talk about Coloccini you'd think he was Andy O'Brien or Peter Ramage.

Not at all. He's been one of our best players this season, and so he should be as well given the opposition he's playing against. Most people's opinions of him won't change though unless we get promoted and he proves himself consistently in the Premiership.

Guest Chris P

Coloccini,s mustard like. Best player all season will walk the premier as well, along with Enrique.

The problem with his game is that he needs protection from the midfield .If the balls on the deck he smothers it or reads the pass and cuts it out.

problem at the minute is some teams have found that the only way to break us downs is to pump the ball in the box and neither Taylor or Colo seam comfortable in the air

last season the problem was the communication between the midfield and the defence. thats seams to be sorted now as Coloccini has been man of the match for me for the past three games

And where did I say that I don't like Coloccini?

Bassong cost half a million, does it mean a player with similliar ability and price is not good enough to replace Coloccini?

You simply need a good scouting system, you moron.

Yeah let's go and find an 8m replacement simply because Coloccini cost similliar money. :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Not the end of the world if he goes, even though, for me, him and Jose have been my favourite players this season. If we get our money back, and therefore save his wage bill, what is there to stop us getting a Bassong type of signing to take his place?

Plus, it is Real Madrid ffs. Think it would be unfair to stand in his way.

Not the end of the world if he goes, even though, for me, him and Jose have been my favourite players this season. If we get our money back, and therefore save his wage bill, what is there to stop us getting a Bassong type of signing to take his place?

Chris Hughton.

He looked like them last year.

Guest Chris P

So we will always be in their shadow. He looks settled to me and i would love him to stay especially if he's caught by the geordie bug. This is about building a team and CH has done a fantastic job so far. imo colo understands that type of commitment

Fuck off man, him and Bassong looked absolutely brilliant together at times.

When? Overall Bassong was much better for us last year than Coloccini.

I don't remember him looking anything like brilliant once he got found out around the middle of September.

Both Bassong and Coloccini gave away their fair share of points, both had far too much to deal with due to the central midfield.

But Bassong coped with it a lot better than Coloccini did. Agree about the midfield btw.

So we will always be in their shadow. He looks settled to me and i would love him to stay especially if he's caught by the geordie bug. This is about building a team and CH has done a fantastic job so far. imo colo understands that type of commitment

Yeah, and??????