Report: New kit deal agreed with Puma

Dave

totally forgot about them until I was watching TV the other day with one of my flatmates and upon seeing someone in an ellesse top he chirped up, 'theres a brand you don't see any more'.

I bought one of their jackets when I was at school and Ive still got it now 10 years later which I still use occasionally when its freezing as an extra layer.

Class build quality tbh.

I'm 99% sure I saw it in JJB when I was in yesterday. Looks canny. Especially the gold Puma, Gold numbers and the Gold and gold stripes.

Who's making our tops now?

MC Hammer.

I'm 99% sure I saw it in JJB when I was in yesterday. Looks canny. Especially the gold Puma, Gold numbers and the Gold and gold stripes.

http://www.seeklogo.com/images/G/Gucci-logo-33C6E21D22-seeklogo.com.gif

Guest The Bort

without reading 50 pages has there been any confirmation at all that the adidas/puma thing is an issue here or is just assumptions from people reading about the rivalry on wikipedia?

Not so much the rivalry, but from a contract law point of view, I would suggest that it is likely that until our contract with Adidas officially expires, we will not be able to advertise our new Puma kit.

/\ This, the new home kit is out in august with the away top coming out in july, due to the adidas contract no mention of puma can be made before june 30 when the adidas contract runs out, photo shoot of new strip was done last week though

I was in an Adidas outlet shop at the weekend and on was looking through the samples rail. There was a toon sshirt in there - I guess an early design of next seasons shirt before the contract was ended.

Looked pretty good, a little like that Nike prototype on this thread. Quality was crap though

If I get a chance I'll nip back, buy it and host a pic.

Guest guinness_fiend

I 100% doubt that adidas would sell a prototype strip design to the general public.

It's not uncommon.  Nike do it as well.  They generally sell them at outlet villages and they're always of really shoddy quality.  I picked up a Manchester Utd one for a friend a few years back .  In all honesty, they just look like training tops, as they don't include the sponsor - only the badges.

I 100% doubt that adidas would sell a prototype strip design to the general public.

It's not uncommon.  Nike do it as well.  They generally sell them at outlet villages and they're always of really shoddy quality.  I picked up a Manchester Utd one for a friend a few years back .  In all honesty, they just look like training tops, as they don't include the sponsor - only the badges.

just like the real things

Guest Haris Vuckic

Who went to the QPR game? What is the new shirt like?

underwhelming.  Lazy on Puma's part.  I'm sure we've had something similar only recently

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/7206/screenshot20100504at105s.png

Fucking hell is that the new kit?

They've got the stripes the wrong way round! Ashley ooot!

Shame about the defeat at Peterbrough, as we would have never been beaten in the last home top.

What defeat at Peterborough?

Edit - Ah League Cup, don't mind me. ;)

Ummm - the one in the League Cup perhaps?

Edit - you corrected yours as I was writing mine...

When did we play Fulham? :dowie:

The end of last season before the Villa game, the game in which we wore the current Adidas home shirt.

>>>>>>>>> insert Stifler cheecky picutre here <<<<<<<<<<<<

Guest Phil K

Manny Cohen tailors of Shields Rd, Byker