Report: New kit deal agreed with Puma

Dave

I was thinking the other day, when Liverpool were playing in France where you arent allowed to have an alcohol sponsor, that it is surprising there hasn't been some nanny state law passed that means sponsors such as Carling etc aren't allowed to have their logo on kids shirts.

I believe the clubs with alcohol sponsors have to offer a sponsor free shirt, atleats thats what I've heard, hence the reason why you see a few Celtic and Rangers shirts without them.

I suppose it all comes down to who the sponsor is at the end of the day. I can't imagine many people would choose to have the adidas grandad collar shirt without the blue star logo on it.

loved those shirts :smitten:

I was thinking the other day, when Liverpool were playing in France where you arent allowed to have an alcohol sponsor, that it is surprising there hasn't been some nanny state law passed that means sponsors such as Carling etc aren't allowed to have their logo on kids shirts.

I'm pretty sure the Celtic and Rangers kids strips don't have alcohol sponsoring across their shirt.  Everton have removed their Chang logo from their kids top, but I don't think Liverpool have.

In Finland there was a case where an under 18 year old ice hockey player had to get a beer company's logo removed from his jersey as its not allowed.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/components/com_joomgallery/img_pictures/fantasy_kit_design_1/toon_20100323_1910751165.jpg

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/components/com_joomgallery/img_pictures/fantasy_kit_design_1/nufc_1_20100324_1396343514.jpg

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/components/com_joomgallery/img_pictures/fantasy_kit_design_1/toon_20100323_1910751165.jpg

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/components/com_joomgallery/img_pictures/fantasy_kit_design_1/nufc_1_20100324_1396343514.jpg

That bottom one is very nice

Good efforts but is it just me who thinks gold looks kind of tacky? Sure, we're probably going to win the Championship but that doesn't really grant us using gold on our shirts in PL...

However, the little magpie that's been in the last few mock ups is ace

Good efforts but is it just me who thinks gold looks kind of tacky? Sure, we're probably going to win the Championship but that doesn't really grant us using gold on our shirts in PL...

I agree that gold can look tacky but when used sparingly i think it can look really nice. The little gold features on that bottom shirt look class

The SBR Foundation on front is the most classy thing I've ever seen on our kit. I'd love that, even put the Northern Rock small under Badge like the Inter Kit & Fake Arsenal Kit that was doing the rounds recently and I'd be Okay with that.

I love the kit design on that SBR Version too - -plain, classic and simple.

I agree that gold can look tacky but when used sparingly i think it can look really nice. The little gold features on that bottom shirt look class

Don't get me wrong, I think the bottom shirt looks great but I would prefer it if the gold details were to be dark blue or something instead.

It's going to be interesting to see what Puma can make of this.

That SBR Foundation one is lush.

Ordinarily I prefer our kits to be a tad more black than white, but the sleeves work well with that design.

If Puma come up with something shit after all the great designs this rabble has been able to put together with a bit of photoshop, i'll be fucking livid

I love both collars on the Puma shirts above, something different.

However I slightly prefer the one on the Uruguay home shirt, will look class in black and white.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/uruguay-10-12-puma-home-shirt-1.jpg