Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Back on the subject of Beckford, doesn't surprise me that Villa have been mentioned even if it's complete speculation. O'Neill does tend to go for English talent especially those with unfulfilled potential, like Milner and Delph. Beckford would fit the mould, although i suspect it's bollocks tbh.

From what I've seen of Jermaine Beckford and considering his goal scoring record now over the last few seasons, albeit it in league two, I'm surprised more prem teams aren't willing to take a risk on him for just £2 million and what would be pretty low wages too.

The likes of Fulham, Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton, Hull, Stoke and even West Ham who are struggling financially you would think would take the risk. Should be interesting to see what happens eventually.

Have you seen Shola's touch? He's had an 'on' season in terms of goals, if he was like previous years he'd have been booed off the pitch by now.

Don't really understand how Shola comes in for criticism for his touch in comparison to Carroll. Neither are impressive but at least Shola has some ability on the floor, whereas Carroll has just looked a big clumsy lunk mostly.

Zactly.

As if Shola has a better touch than Carroll..

Have you seen Shola's touch? He's had an 'on' season in terms of goals, if he was like previous years he'd have been booed off the pitch by now.

Don't really understand how Shola comes in for criticism for his touch in comparison to Carroll. Neither are impressive but at least Shola has some ability on the floor, whereas Carroll has just looked a big clumsy lunk mostly.

Zactly.

As if Shola has a better touch than Carroll..

He does. Carroll has one of the worst touches I've ever seen, far worse than Shola.

tbh, I think they're both ok for such big fuckers.. as far as 'touch' goes. Certainly Harewood and Lovenkrands are much worse.

Shola is arguably the more agile player on the deck but I'm sure that if they're up against each other for a high ball, Carroll will win it every time.

tbh, I think they're both ok for such big fuckers.. as far as 'touch' goes. Certainly Harewood and Lovenkrands are much worse.

Shola is arguably the more agile player on the deck but I'm sure that if they're up against each other for a high ball, Carroll will win it every time.

Agree - I frequently wonder if Shola is capable of winning a high ball without commiting a foul.

Everytime a conversation about Carroll comes up, someone mentions that he 'wins every ball' in the air, like that alone makes him worthy of a place in the team.

Move on, just because he's got the completely, amazingly unique talent of being able to jump up and head the ball doesn't make him the next Shearer.

the leeds boss says he wont let beckford go til they get the right money and a suitable replacement.

why dont we offer them 1.5 mil + the loan of carroll / ranger on loan for the rest of the season.

I agree.

I reckon we'd get Beckford if we offer £1.5m + Ranger for rest of season. That would suit both parties as I feel Ranger would thrive at Leeds and Beckford would be ideal for us.

Lovenkrands's touch worse than Carroll's? What the hell have you been smoking?

weed :lol:

They're obviously different type of players but Carroll often controls the ball with at least one fucker on his back.. where I come from this passes for good ball control for a target man.

Lovenkrands' game in theory should be about pace and going past players, but he's totally unable to dribble, especially in short spaces. Usually he'd get his head down and his second/third touch would be far too heavy

Everytime a conversation about Carroll comes up, someone mentions that he 'wins every ball' in the air, like that alone makes him worthy of a place in the team.

Move on, just because he's got the completely, amazingly unique talent of being able to jump up and head the ball doesn't make him the next Shearer.

Sure, but it makes him a useful option for the 'heavy' target man role. You're right about his weaknesses but if he didn't have them he'd be plaing for Barca and be called Zlatan.

the leeds boss says he wont let beckford go til they get the right money and a suitable replacement.

why dont we offer them 1.5 mil + the loan of carroll / ranger on loan for the rest of the season.

I agree.

I reckon we'd get Beckford if we offer £1.5m + Ranger for rest of season. That would suit both parties as I feel Ranger would thrive at Leeds and Beckford would be ideal for us.

Anything other than them getting a proven goalscorer to replace beckford is not a suitable deal for them atall. I think Ranger will improve, but that takes time & its a risk in general let alone using him to replace someone whos already scored 20 this season. Carrolls the same, theyd laugh off both offers.

Shola may be scoring the goals, but let's not forget about the fact that his first touch takes him about 20 yards.

I agree.

Anything other than them getting a proven goalscorer to replace beckford is not a suitable deal for them atall. I think Ranger will improve, but that takes time & its a risk in general let alone using him to replace someone whos already scored 20 this season. Carrolls the same, theyd laugh off both offers.

Is the right answer. Beckford offers up something that our current lot (bar Shola) does not, or else we wouldn't be in for him in the first place.

I agree.

Is the right answer. Beckford offers up something that our current lot (bar Shola) does not, or else we wouldn't be in for him in the first place.

Shola plays on the shoulder of the last man and gets in behind defences? Really?