Plymouth Argyle vs Newcastle United - Pre Match Thread (2nd Jan 2010 - 3pm)

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

I think we don't need a cup run this season. We should concentrate on the league. So I would go with

Krul

Simpson    Taylor          Kadar      Enrique

Lua-Lua      Guthrie      Butt          Donaldson

Ranger          Carroll

Pretty sure Krul, Kadar, Guthrie, Butt, Pancrate, Kazenga and Ranger will start, maybe Shola too to get him some match fitness. Then it's just a matter of which defenders don't get a rest, and if Simpson is allowed to play by Man Utd.

GK: Krul

RB: R.Taylor

CB: Simpson

CB: S.Taylor

LB: Kadar

RM: LuaLua

CM: Nolan

CM: Butt

LM: Pancrate

ST: Ranger

ST: Lovenkrands

bet thats what Chrissy goes for.

Don't think he's going to risk Nolan in the cup. Apart from that I think that could be the line-up.

Got tickets for this for me and the wife, looking forward to it as it's the first game I've managed to get to since we moved to Bournemouth in November. Hope we put a decent team out and hope there's a good few Newcastle fans make it down.

I'd love it if we beat Plymouth and got a draw against a mid-table Prem team, it'd really show us where we're at and what we'd be looking at next year if we go up without reinforcements.

Couldn't give a shit whether we go through or not really however if we did i would be delighted to get a top 4 side or even a top 10 prem team away in the next draw. Take a good few thousand fans and have a good day out.

Don't care. Plymouth have just fit a reasonable bit of form anyway, and would probably beat us regardless of what team we put out. We don't need the FA Cup, so Hughton will either play a reserve side, or a full-strength side that isn't up for it.

I'd like to see Ranger and Lovenkrands upfront, though. It's one of the remaining partnerships left to be tried out, i think. In theory, it'd potentially work quite well - especially if we (typically) go ultra-longball away from home.

Be nice to see the fringe players like Kadar and Pancrate get a run out. See if they can sustain some of their early promise (moreso in Kadar's case, like).

Stick Nicky Butt in for shits n giggles.

Will be a tough one this, their having their honey moon period under their new manager apparently.

Krul

R. Taylor      Simpson        Saylor      Kadar

Lua-Lua        Guthrie        Donaldson  Pancrate

Lovenkrands  Ranger

Should be good enough to see it out.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul

R.Taylor     Taylor       Kadar         Enrique

Pancrate    Guthrie       Butt          Lua Lua

Ranger       Lovenkrands

Play the fringe/youth players- Keep enough fringe/first teamers in to ensure we win. Start Butt, because then that gives Hughton the excuse not to play him next week

Subs- Soderberg, Simpson, Tozer, Geremi, Nolan, Carroll, Donaldson

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Rest Enrique for this imo. Played every game this season hasn't he?

Harper

Simpson   Taylor  Kadar  R Taylor

Pancrate   Butt   Guthrie   Lua Lua

Ranger   Carroll

Indeed, but we have little option if we wanted to rest one of our centre backs becuase I don't at all like the look of R.Taylor or Simpson on the left. I think we need to give Colo or Taylor a break, and therefor Kadar can come in. If we're winning comfortably bring him off

Harper

Ranger   Carroll

Indeed, but we have little option if we wanted to rest one of our centre backs becuase I don't at all like the look of R.Taylor or Simpson on the left. I think we need to give Colo or Taylor a break, and therefor Kadar can come in. If we're winning comfortably bring him off

Tbh I'm in the "Don't care if we get knocked out" camp, so players getting a rest that need it is more of a concern than winning for me.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harper

Ranger   Carroll

Tbh I'm in the "Don't care if we get knocked out" camp, so players getting a rest that need it is more of a concern than winning for me.

Fair enough. I'm in the "Would like to win but not by using key players and if we lose oh well never mind then" camp.

I wouldn't like to lose to Plymouth though- We have a fairly important game after that against Reading and if we go there low on confidence West Brom could narrow the gap even further- A defeat against a team like Plymouth could increasingly lower morale and spirit-Especially after two frustrating draws against lower opposition

Guest Brummiemag

Going down to this. Hopefully we will be playing our strongest possible line up.

Most important game of the season so far for me. Hopefully we can beat an in form Plymouth and get a premier league team away from home in the next round.