Bellamy

Crumpy Gunt

You have to admit though, it's a bit random of Bellamy to say something like that if it had no real reasoning behind it.

That, and it was a bit obvious Robson rated Kluivert and wanted to give him more games than Shearer wanted to miss - Al wouldn't have been happy about that.

As much grief as he gets, I will always have a soft spot for Bellamy after what he did here. Just like the rest of that team. I grew up with that team and will never forget those memories....Bellamy was integral to most of them. Didn't he say when he left that if he ever got the chance to return, he'd walk back to Newcastle on his hands?

Top man.

Aye glad to see him get the accolades he deserves from us. Best partnership we've had in modern times bar Shearer and Ferdinand, and we've had some scorchers.

Loved the fire in his belly and his never say die attitude!

He's just an honest man. Good luck to him. Dont suppose he fancies a move back here

If we make him an offer, it make just make him think seriously. He is not the type after big money and for an emotional fella, he may want to end his days on a high playing for fans who adore (not all) him.

But with his history of injuries and the budget that MA works with, it is unlikely this will ever happen ....

If we'd had Bellamy for the whole of that season (and the w***** hadn't f***ed Robert off too) I think we'd have won that UEFA Cup.

For sure. With Bellamy and Solano gone, Dyer fucked and Robert out in the cold, we lost our biggest threats in terms of pace and width.

The problem with Lisbon was, after Dyer limped off we had nothing to counter their attacks. There was only one winner after their second goal.

A lot of Robsons problems began when he began fucking about with Nobby. Didn't he sub him in about 10 games in a row culminating eventually in him being sold for a piss poor fee to Villa. It was something that was hard to understand because Nobby was nowhere near the worst player in the team never mind the squad.

wish we had of kept bellamy and got rid of souness

Seems with hindsight to be the common view. One or two like myself where slaughtered for saying similar at the time. Threads would go to fuck knows how many pages and just about every post was confirming what a cunt Bellamy was.

Wasn't there a rumour Sir Bobby wanted to sell Shearer to Liverpool.Maybe just a rumour.

it's in his book I think. Shepherd said he couldn't.

Is the right answer. Shepherd said that he was the 'crown jewels' and the public would basically go beserk.

Wasn't there a rumour Sir Bobby wanted to sell Shearer to Liverpool.Maybe just a rumour.

it's in his book I think. Shepherd said he couldn't.

Is the right answer. Shepherd said that he was the 'crown jewels' and the public would basically go beserk.

And that was the turning point. Effectively the captain became more powerful than the manager and an important decision about the team was made for other than footballing reasons.

In the other thread, I put him as our best player of the decade. He transformed us from mid-table strugglers to a Champions League side, and when he left, things never recovered. Simple as that. Exasperating sod with a self-centred streak, but he lifted the whole team.

His last comment is interesting. I've always felt that when we kept Shearer and got rid of Robson, we got it the wrong way round.

Agree 100%

Love the fans or not, he wont come back and we wont sign him for several reasons:

We wouldnt spend the money City wants.

He is over 30 now

He admits himself recently that injuries are finally catching up with him and he probably only has two more seasons in him

Remember the feeling of disappointment when I found out it was Souness. We had darts board in the office and Souness' picture went straight up on there. Should've been Fat Fred's, though, tbh. It didn't take a genius to work out everything was going to go tits up.