Joey Barton blasts players' lifestyle

David28

Guest Heneage

Having watched the show, Joey really does seem in a good place, he is also quite an intelligent speaker. I think we could be in for good times.

Having watched the show, Joey really does seem in a good place, he is also quite an intelligent speaker. I think we could be in for good times.

he was a good speaker and talked the talk before kicking off in liverpool.

some good performances and prolonged good behaviour would be a good start.

Guest toonlass

how prolonged does this period of good behaviour have to be because since he came out of prison he has been nothng but well behaved. I am quite impressed by the effort he has made to change his lifestyle, he doesn't drink alcohol anymore and that seemed to be the source of his bad behaviour. He deserves credit for that!

how prolonged does this period of good behaviour have to be because since he came out of prison he has been nothng but well behaved. I am quite impressed by the effort he has made to change his lifestyle, he doesn't drink alcohol anymore and that seemed to be the source of his bad behaviour. He deserves credit for that!

yeah i suppose after stubbing a cigar out on someones eye, knocking a team mate out then repeatedly punching him when out cold, then being involved in an assault i suppose going 2 years without hospitalising someone ought to be applauded, what the fuck, get him an MBE and inform the nobel peace prize committe.

Guest koye

Joey has a great attitude and he´s a very honest person who admits his failures during his career. He actually seems very intelligent in the way he speak, and he does not hide anything about what´s been going on over the years of trouble with alcohol. Very interesting listening to both him and Mr.Kay who helped him out of trouble, and I think Joey deserves a lot credit in the way he act as a professional footballer, if you don´t consider the off-the field issues he´s been involved in. He spoke about his love for the game, and there´s no doubt he´s  a very serious athlete with the right attitude and winning mentality.

I really hope he can have a good season in the Premier League now, and I actually thinks he deserves that.  :)

Would be fucking delighted if he absolutley bums it next year and is the shining star in our team. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for him, still dont think he's done nearly enough to justify the money we've spent on him though. hope he does next year.

Barton has always talked a good story, has yet to live it.

Except for the last 2 years.

A year ago he was shouting at Alan Shearer calling him a shit manager after another shit tackle getting himself sent off, he then misses most of the season through another injury. How is that living up to his shit patter of being a better man and a better footballer?

The injury is hardly his fault in fairness. The tackle was worthy of a yellow at best and has was basically right about Shearer, thing's get said when you get beaten 3-0 and you have several passengers on the pitch.

It was easily a straight red, could have ended a career. He still said them regardless, while putting in nothing all season to help us stay and keep out of relegation, he had no place to say anything and showed just how professional he is. If we could have sold the waste of skin we would have, unfortunately no one is daft enough to even take him for free.

Not a red card in a million years, and I'm happy Barton said what he said in the wardrobe after as it made it even more clear that he really cares about wanting to play for us. Just a shame he's been unlucky with injuries is all, injuries which apparently got worse by him rushing back into playing.

Even more stupid of him to do it then.

You would hope professional referees were good enough at their job for his previous actions and character not to influence their view and interpretation of a tackle.

Even more stupid of him to do it then.

He won the ball, Dave.

Alonso has a history of getting our midfielders sent off, just a shame Joey didn't sent his kneecap into the stand.

Fair enough he says some good things but you can't argue he has been a COMPLETE waste of space/time/money. Catastrophic signing.

There's still time to sort that tbh. Won't write him off until he's gone.

Fair enough he says some good things but you can't argue he has been a COMPLETE waste of space/time/money. Catastrophic signing.

You just have to write the last three seasons off. It's pointless looking back. He's our player, at least for one more season, and let's hope we finally see the best of him - and he is actually a very good player who can make a big difference to us.

"A year ago he was shouting at Alan Shearer calling him a s*** manager "

maybe shearer was a shit manager tho.  I could imagine he was tyrant, as hes is used to having his ego pampered, and sop probably expects peeps to jump when he wants.

OFcourse the pressure cooker of relegation didnt give him an easy intro to management.

You just have to write the last three seasons off. It's pointless looking back. He's our player, at least for one more season, and let's hope we finally see the best of him - and he is actually a very good player who can make a big difference to us.

how can you say he IS avery good player whilst also saying you have to write the last 3 seasons off ?