Portsmouth FC in yet more trouble - administration again?

GG

All companies have some social (and maybe cultural) significance though, if a car manaufacturer goes bust it puts hundreds of people out of work and damages the local community hugely.

I see what people mean about football clubs, but they have to learn to manage their money properly.

If a car firm goes bust its usually because the product was no good - UK had the second largest car industry in the World after WW2, now look at it ; hardly a decent brand left in UK hands because Commie Unionists and lousy management between them cocked it up in the 70s.....

Sounds just like some football clubs to me !

lets not bring Plymouth into this. What they did for us at the end of the season was out of this world considering what happend to their club at the same time.

That's my point, dickweed.

Plymouth is definitely my "second team" after that game like.

Very sad news for Portsmouth supporters this, wouldn't even wish it on Sunderland.

Guest Stephen927

Redknapp isn't to blame, he spent the money he was given. The owner still has to sign off on the deals.

Shame for Portsmouth fans, the club was ran by a bunch of idiots who thought they could get away with living beyond their means. The size of the stadium and the lack of opportunities to expand it should have been a good indication that financially, there was only so far Portsmouth could go without being subsidised continuously.

Redknapp isn't to blame, he spent the money he was given. The owner still has to sign off on the deals.

Aye he's been sent to court along with Storrie, Willie McKay and Mandaric for a laugh. He's never met them m'lud.

A bit of a coincidence that he fucked off to Spurs at just about the right time.

Guest neesy111

Peter Storrie is the one that's caused all the trouble, he ran the club recklessly, and spouted off a load of lies to the fans and media about the state of the club

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What will be interesting if HMRC win is the level of tax that they will chase from the big 4 teams. I'd stick money on the likes of Rooney and Gerrard having massive Image Rights payments going through each year in lieu of salary

Think that'll be the landmark issue from all of this. Obviously its terrible that Portsmouth might fold, but paying taxes is paying taxes. But HMRC are arguing that Portsmouth owe x amount more as they didn't declare the Image Rights payments, which will open up a whole new issue for every other club that pays those too.

Peter Storrie is the one that's caused all the trouble, he ran the club recklessly, and spouted off a load of lies to the fans and media about the state of the club

Everyone involved is to blame.

Storrie had insight to the finances and effectively signed the cheques, but Harry is an experienced manager who would have known that Portsmouth couldn't afford the spending that was going on.

Personally I hope that HMRC win the case. Its tough on the fans but football needs a reality check and reminded that its not above the laws of the land and cannot buck basic financial truths. I'm pretty confident that I would feel this way if it was us in their position (but obvioulsy without actually being there I can't say for definite how I would feel then)

(would be more fun if it was a Man U or Liverpool though)

A bit of a coincidence that he f***ed off to Spurs at just about the right time.

Like a rat up a drain pipe if i remember, was it not done within a few hours.  Especially funny when they made the story up he didnt fancy Newcastle in the end and thought he would stay at pompy.  Loads of pompy fans being all excited about 'arry....few months later its rat up a drain pipe time.

How many clubs have actually gone out of business (ie ceased to exist) because of debts etc? Newcastle Bluestar IIRC, but who else?

Always seems to come to nothing.

Wimbledon?

Didn't they just rename and move?

How many clubs have actually gone out of business (ie ceased to exist) because of debts etc? Newcastle Bluestar IIRC, but who else?

Always seems to come to nothing.

Wimbledon?

They didn't go out of business and didn't have high debts compared to other clubs, they were moved so Asda could build a supermarket in Milton Keynes.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Gretna?

Chester

Gravesend

Dagenham (merged with Redbridge to 'survive')

Halifax Town

Hayes (merged with Yeading to 'survive')

Milton Keynes City

Probably a few more.

Do we actually find out at 3:00pm, or is that the time the case starts?

BBC

High Court judge Mr Justice Mann, who is overseeing the tax liability case at the High Court in London, says he will hand down his decision between 1500 BST and 1600 BST on Thursday.

Do we actually find out at 3:00pm, or is that the time the case starts?

BBC

High Court judge Mr Justice Mann, who is overseeing the tax liability case at the High Court in London, says he will hand down his decision between 1500 BST and 1600 BST on Thursday.

Fuck off, noway. Mr Justice Mann. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Boateng still there for the taking. Can't believe no one has got him yet.

If they go tits up in the next 2 hours he would be a lot cheaper though wouldnt he? Can fully understand clubs waiting for this verdict.

Plus i heard he was going to Stoke on the radio earlier, not sure how true it was