Will Barton's return lead to better football?

TRon

Naturally fit as in stamina, muscular and cardiovascular endurance. We all know he's been very injury prone over the last few seasons, just as you knew exactly what i meant.

He has twice the footballing ability of a Nolan, Smith or Butt, which is why he was on the verge of cementing a place in the national squad before the injuries got to him.

But again he showed that at City, at Newcastle he hasn't shown this and that's what I'm judging him on otherwise surely the same could be said about Germi cause he was canny at Chelsea.

Naturally fit as in stamina, muscular and cardiovascular endurance. We all know he's been very injury prone over the last few seasons, just as you knew exactly what i meant.

He has twice the footballing ability of a Nolan, Smith or Butt, which is why he was on the verge of cementing a place in the national squad before the injuries got to him.

I would agree about the stamina up until this season which when he ran he looked like Nolan, he was slow and awful and puffing before the end, this before his injury and after a pre season where he gave another mouthful to Houghton cause he didn't start him the first game of the season.

I thought this argument was about talent? You're bringing form into it.

surely it should be about what he would bring to the team. talent is pointless if it can't be transferred onto the pitch.

I would agree about the stamina up until this season which when he ran he looked like Nolan, he was slow and awful and puffing before the end, this before his injury and after a pre season where he gave another mouthful to Houghton cause he didn't start him the first game of the season.

Source?

Source?

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/443769/Joey-Bartons-new-bust-up-Toon-bad-boy-in-training-ground-row.html

I compared him with Guthrie, Smith, Butt and Nolan, man,

Guthrie imho is probably the most talented there, but you could certainly argue that it's Barton.

and they've all played better than barton in the past 2 seasons..

Source?

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/443769/Joey-Bartons-new-bust-up-Toon-bad-boy-in-training-ground-row.html

Are you serious?

Source?

Are you serious?

I'm sorry I must apologise that some sites are no longer available 8 months after an incident happened.

Source?

Are you serious?

I'm sorry I must apologise that some sites are no longer available 8 months after an incident happened.

I'm kind though I did a bit more searching http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/4536616.Barton_dropped_to_bench_amid_rumours_of_a_bust_up/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/08/glimmer_of_hope_as_newcastle_s.html

Fair play for the effort but where on earth does it say with any element of certainty that he gave "another mouthful to Houghton"?

Christ on a bike you'd defend hitler lol there was a bust up involving two players and management after he found out he wasn't playing, it's not the first time he's done it and I have no doubts it won't be the last. Noubt to do with the topic at hand which is Barton has failed to live up to any standard at Newcastle so will not lead to us playing better football and he will hopefully pack his bags in the summer never to return.

Fair play for the effort but where on earth does it say with any element of certainty that he gave "another mouthful to Houghton"?

Christ on a bike you'd defend hitler lol there was a bust up involving two players and management after he found out he wasn't playing, it's not the first time he's done it and I have no doubts it won't be the last. Noubt to do with the topic at hand which is Barton has failed to live up to any standard at Newcastle so will not lead to us playing better football and he will hopefully pack his bags in the summer never to return.

I even found a quote from Chris on Sky "Joey was part of the squad that travelled with us. As always decisions had to be made, and the decision was to go with two big lads up front. Joey took it the same as everybody else would - he was disappointed, but that’s the decision that was made" why would it be brought up if the question of the bust up was not put to Chris.

I am not sure about 'Better' Football but i do think that it is a welcome return for a player with his talent.

I know that he has been a bad boy but lets just look at the technical side of his game, I think he as an excellent passer and a very strong midfielder and i think that this will 'Gee up' some of the current team as there is more competition for a place in the squad. I mean, look what happened after we signed the players in January. . . . The whole teams performance has improved.

Long may it continue . . . .

Again, where's the mouthful to Chris Hughton? It's media-driven nonsense.

Give me 11 players who'd be unhappy and even angry not to play, we'd all be laughing.

The mouthful was all in the bust up which at the time it came out people were saying it happened before the press. I have no idea where your from but you more often than not know when a press story is totally made up and when there is something in it. There was something in that story and again it wasn't for the first time. A few months earlier he did it to Alan Shearer if you remember after he got himself sent off and then let his mouth go.

From nufc.co.uk  At least Barton said "sorry" to his teammates after missing that pen.

"I realise I made a mistake, but I can promise you I have learnt from it and you will never see that side of Joey Barton again!"

2 weeks later Joey Barton stabs a football to death.