Will Barton's return lead to better football?

TRon

Guest palnese

I love Barton, would want few things more than seeing him finally become a success for us.

This. Can't wait to see him back on the pitch. Easily our most talented midfielder.

I love Barton, would want few things more than seeing him finally become a success for us.

This. Can't wait to see him back on the pitch. Easily our most talented midfielder.

not based on anything he has done in a black and white shirt.

Jesus wept how pissed are you guys when you watch Newcastle play with Barton in the team ??

Guest icemanblue

Jesus wept how pissed are you guys when you watch Newcastle play with Barton in the team ??

Pssst....

I don't think they watch at all, mate.

Pssst....

I don't think they watch at all, mate.

:D

Just who exactly is more talented, btw? You could certainly argue Guthrie, but it isn't quite absurd to suggest Barton who is naturally very fit (if you consider that talent), has a fair bit of footballing intelligence and has a good range of passing.

I agree he hasn't proven much playing for us, but I'd be intrigued to see how many games he's played in a row without injury, and how many games has he played fully fit?

We all know he's had massive injury problems, and he says himself he was certainly rushed back early last season - if he gets a decent head of steam up who's to say he couldn't be a success for us? (He'd better be after the massive wages we've paid him for the last few seasons...)

He played 6 games at the start of this season and didn't look like he was up the challange of playing Championship football. He somehow played 23 games in his first season at the club and looked terrible.

The fact that he is as injury prone as Owen sits just below his violent tendencies.

Just who exactly is more talented, btw? You could certainly argue Guthrie, but it isn't quite absurd to suggest Barton who is naturally very fit (if you consider that talent), has a fair bit of footballing intelligence and has a good range of passing.

it's got little to do with who has talent as much as who plays better when they get the chance and barton has massivly underperformed in his time here. in fact bartons performances for us at the start of the season were worse than  anything put out by smith or butt.

it's got little to do with who has talent as much as who plays better when they get the chance and barton has massivly underperformed in his time here. in fact bartons performances for us at the start of the season were worse than  anything put out by smith or butt.

Don't be daft, man.

He couldn't pass a ball 5 yards in the opening few games of the season, although I think he was playing with an injury. He's shown his ability in about 10 games under Keegan, the rest of the time he's looked a state.

I've no idea where this Myth comes from about his good range of passing, again it's not something he has been able to show at Newcastle, his passing was more akin to Butts where he would give it away in a bad area of the pitch more often than he'd play a pin point pass. Guthrie is leaps and bounds a better player for Newcastle than Barton has shown. I could only laugh at your comments about him being naturally fit, he's managed 38 games for us in all competitions in 3 years. That's not fit that's a disgrace for the wages he picks up. I'd be picking Smith well before Barton and even Nolan because he can find the net in this league.

Im preparing myself to cringe when he comes on as a sub and the usual suspects are up cheering like he's the messiah or even someone who has done something good for this club. He deserves none of that due to his behaviour, lack of talent, lack of respect and his overall attitude that he has shown since he signed for Newcastle who still pay him a ridiculous wage. The quicker he leaves the club the better, because come his first game back we'll be back in the papers for all the wrong reasons.

Don't be daft, man.

He's not, Alan Smith was seen by most at the start of the season as someone who had found their level and was playing good football. Barton wasn't and hasn't. Nicky Butt may be pushing it slightly but it still shows how well Barton has played for Newcastle in his time when he's being compared to the god awful Nicky Butt.

He couldn't pass a ball 5 yards in the opening few games of the season, although I think he was playing with an injury. He's shown his ability in about 10 games under Keegan, the rest of the time he's looked a state.

The 10 Keegan games aside - he also showed his talent under Kinnear vs Villa and WBA. Two games we both won and he played a big part in it.

The 10 Keegan games aside - he also showed his talent under Kinnear vs Villa and WBA. Two games we both won and he played a big part in it.

he had 2 or 3 really good game sunder keegan (could be as much that the whole team played well) the rest of the games he played OK but looked better as it was a massive improvement on his previous form.

Against Villa Barton was shite for 45 minutes, only in the 2nd half did he pick up. Against WBA our centre midfield of Guthrie and Barton got overrun for the most part of the game and we were lucky to win.

Naturally fit as in stamina, muscular and cardiovascular endurance. We all know he's been very injury prone over the last few seasons, just as you knew exactly what i meant.

He has twice the footballing ability of a Nolan, Smith or Butt, which is why he was on the verge of cementing a place in the national squad before the injuries got to him.

he had 2 or 3 really good game sunder keegan (could be as much that the whole team played well) the rest of the games he played OK but looked better as it was a massive improvement on his previous form.

I'd go along with that assessment. Similarly he's being compared here to his purple patch at Man City when he was the only one who did anything for them for 6 months.

Naturally fit as in stamina, muscular and cardiovascular endurance. We all know he's been very injury prone over the last few seasons, just as you knew exactly what i meant.

He has twice the footballing ability of a Nolan, Smith or Butt, which is why he was on the verge of cementing a place in the national squad before the injuries got to him.

at man city he had a couple of very good seasons, he rightly got towards the national squad..........since then he has been very poor overall, when fit or not. his performances this season are as bad as anything i've seen in my time watching nufc.