Glazers overseeing the destruction of Man U.

Parky

We hate man u, cause they beat wu seven two.

Did you make that up or has that song with the wrong score been sang?

70s song and the score was right at time (they hammered us in the league cup)

In The Guardian today they're saying a group of Man Utd supporters have sent a letter to Fergie asking him to resign in protest against the Glazers'. :lol:

Yes because that could only be a good thing!

:facepalm: fucking cockneys

In The Guardian today they're saying a group of Man Utd supporters have sent a letter to Fergie asking him to resign in protest against the Glazers'. :lol:

:facepalm: fucking cockneys

Had that been us the media would be all over it. :lol: They've also asked Eric Cantona to be their figurehead. :lol:

:facepalm: f***ing cockneys

Had that been us the media would be all over it. :lol: They've also asked Eric Cantona to be their figurehead. :lol:

Jesus, we're not half as deluded as everyone else. That's the most stupid thing i've ever heard!

Manchester United debt hits £716m

Debts at the parent company of Manchester United have increased to £716.5m ($1.17bn), according to its latest accounts.

The company, called Red Football Joint Venture, is owned by the Glazer family and secures its debts against the football club.

The accounts, for the year to June 2009, show United's debts passing £700m for the first time.

More than £68m was paid in interest alone, the accounts show.

Despite the debts, the club turned a profit of £6.4m for the year - a marked improvement on the £47m loss reported at the end of the 2007/08 season.

The accounts also show that player sales brought in a profit of £80.7m - the price paid by Real Madrid for Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer.

The increased size of Manchester United's debts, and the amount of money being used to pay interest on them, are likely to concern fans.

Earlier this year, the Glazer family, which has controlled Manchester United since 2005, announced plans for a £500m bond issue designed to reduce debt repayments.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8470595.stm

The Bubble has well and truly burst. clubs borrwed ridiculous amounts of money, to pay players. Then daft fukers borrowed even more money to buy these debt ridden clubs. its a fuking farce man.

The cost of running clubs has gone beyond what the local working population can sustain, its an unworkable model, without continual new money. trouble is that new money keeps coming as loans,... its madness i tell yous.

The Bubble has well and truly burst. clubs borrwed ridiculous amounts of money, to pay players. Then daft fukers borrowed even more money to buy these debt ridden clubs. its a fuking farce man.

The cost of running clubs has gone beyond what the local working population can sustain, its an unworkable model, without continual new money. trouble is that new money keeps coming as loans,... its madness i tell yous.

We will be witnessing the decline of Man U and Liv over the coming years. Both are financially fucked. One more dip in financial markets (I'm guessing April) and the writing will be on the wall. Banks will want to take chunks of money back.

We will be witnessing the decline of Man U and Liv over the coming years. Both are financially fucked. One more dip in financial markets (I'm guessing April) and the writing will be on the wall. Banks will want to take chunks of money back.

it not just these clubs tho,..Portsmouth, West Ham have just been saved. If Abramovich or Citehs backers ever decide they want thier monies back. they are fucked, cos even these mega tycoons who are buying clubs are making sure thier investments are in the form of loans, that can be recalled. they are in effect borrowing massive sums to pay players, man its fucking just stupid.

Guest neesy111

the football money bubble has finally burst, and i'm glad it has

if the clubs just stopped paying stupid wages, or performance related wages, then many clubs would be in the situation they are in now

As I was told by an insightful poster the other day, it's just a microcosm of the general crazy optimism that our economy was blinded by.

Borrowing money to pay staff, then someone borrows even more to buy these debt-ridden companies... who's bright idea was that? It was a climate where credit was easy and cheap to get, and nobody seemed to ever ask for the money back.

Amazing that new debt can be secured against something that is already crippled by existing borrowing. Man Utd's annual profit is about 100th of its outstanding debt, that's mental.