Newcastle United 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle - 13/01/10 - post match reaction from p15

Dave

Guest Coubury

I cant believe how little Carroll is rated on here  :facepalm:

I seen someone the other day comparing his goalscoring record with our other strikers  :facepalm:

Some were even happy ito sell him to West Ham for 5 million  :doh:

'he's shite because he doesn't score goals'

Come on ffs, his game isn't about scoring goals..

His absolutely dominates in the air, Out muscles and bullies most opposition, creating space for others..

Carroll is a beast and if we do go up this season the big man will have a big part to play on rather we go up or down.

But they've already picked the TV games?

I think one was gunna be if Liverpool but got through, but they didn't so I don't know what will happen now. Its on here I read that so might not be true.

I think one was gunna be if Liverpool but got through, but they didn't so I don't know what will happen now. Its on here I read that so might not be true.

Reading - Burnley is going to be on thefa.com with the Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and City games on ITV1 :thup:

Reading - Burnley is going to be on thefa.com with the Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and City games on ITV1 :thup:

Fairy nuff, anyone watched a match on thefa.com? Wonder what the quality's like.

Guest Roger Kint

How come my ticket cost 20 quid while everyone was getting in for 15 quid? Whats the craic with that?

Should have been 10 quid for adults and 3-5 for kids. The club will never learn.

They don't need to learn if people paid £20 for something which you thought was worth £10.

They obviously could have made more money by reducing the prices and perhaps more than doubling the crowd and  subsequently reaping the food and beer rewards that such a crowd would bring. So I suggest they do need to learn.

Every man and his dog knew that this was going to be one of the worst crowds in decades. Everyone apart from NUFC that is.

You are aware the away team basically decides the cost of tickets? It was well documented when we played Huddersfield as they refused to have it under £20 for the game

I seen someone the other day comparing his goalscoring record with our other strikers  :facepalm:

'he's s**** because he doesn't score goals'

His absolutely dominates in the air, Out muscles and bullies most opposition, creating space for others..

Carroll is a beast and if we do go up this season the big man will have a big part to play on rather we go up or down.

:thup:

Backed Loven £5 to score the 1 goal of the 2nd half at 5/1..............ended the night owing one of me mates £90 as we hit a few lapdancing clubs.

Was in Gallowgate corner for the match & have to say the young uns  are full of energy for singing but fuck me they are scummy little bastards, I don't think I have ever been surrounded by as many people who aspire to wear a Henleys t-shirt.

The kid getting chucked out  :lol:

The people getting chucked out was funny, that bald guy who stopped when being dragged out to applaud the fans :lol:

Well done to those who just made an atmosphere in the corner, fair play. Can't see the 4th round game being on the 23rd, Wolves, Villa & WBA are all due to be at home at 3pm, I don't think Wolves and WBA are allowed to be at home on the same day so unless they still do it where one game kicks off early, I'm not sure what will happen. It can't be moved to the Sunday because WBA are away to Ipswich on the Tuesday after (we play Palace on the Wednesday) but they'll have to decide sharpish.

Very good piece of play by Carroll for the third goal, monster leap and header that nobody else in our squad would have got.

I'm not decided on him overall, but as a partner for a striker with decent speed/runs and some adventurous midfielders, he looks as good as any we've got. I'd say we've got a better chance of playing attacking football and keeping the opposition pinned back when he's playing.

Guest Roger Kint

The people getting chucked out was funny, that bald guy who stopped when being dragged out to applaud the fans :lol:

Well done to those who just made an atmosphere in the corner, fair play. Can't see the 4th round game being on the 23rd, Wolves, Villa & WBA are all due to be at home at 3pm, I don't think Wolves and WBA are allowed to be at home on the same day so unless they still do it where one game kicks off early, I'm not sure what will happen. It can't be moved to the Sunday because WBA are away to Ipswich on the Tuesday after (we play Palace on the Wednesday) but they'll have to decide sharpish.

Am guessing its too late to pick Friday night as they stated its the 23rd/24th didnt they? :undecided:

I've said on another thread that whenever I've seen Carroll live I've been impressed. OK he is raw and his finishing needs to improve but you have to say he's the sort of player any 'off the shoulder' type of striker would love to play with.

I think the lad has a big future, but it might not be with us if he becomes the latest player to be demonised by our fans. Give the guy a chance.

Very good piece of play by Carroll for the third goal, monster leap and header that nobody else in our squad would have got.

I'm not decided on him overall, but as a partner for a striker with decent speed/runs and some adventurous midfielders, he looks as good as any we've got. I'd say we've got a better chance of playing attacking football and keeping the opposition pinned back when he's playing.

The more I see of Carroll the more I rate him. Thought he was excellent last night and I'm starting to think he could make it in the Premiership. Some on here won't agree I'm sure.

Thought there were a lot of excellent performances last night, Jonas, Enrique and Colo looked "different class" as they say, and it was a very competent performance in all departments.

Poor opposition but we've managed to lose games like that before, however this team go about the job very professionally and credit to them.

'he's s**** because he doesn't score goals'

:thup:

Id tend to agree, he plays like that for the England U21's, but for us hes been playing like a mouse recently, wasting chances in front of goal and not using his physical presence, I still rate him highly anyway.

The more I see of Carroll the more I rate him. Thought he was excellent last night and I'm starting to think he could make it in the Premiership. Some on here won't agree I'm sure.

Thought there were a lot of excellent performances last night, Jonas, Enrique and Colo looked "different class" as they say, and it was a very competent performance in all departments.

Poor opposition but we've managed to lose games like that before, however this team go about the job very professionally and credit to them.

Excellent?

The guy can't shoot, gets no direction whatsoever on his headers, falls down all the time and constantly pissed his teammates off by being an arsehole.

If we want just someone who can win headers, lets just get Howard from Leicester. Genuniely starting to wonder on earth Carroll is doing ahead of Ranger who actually looks like a footballer.

We were 3-0 up and Enrique hit a cross that the keeper picked out the air, about 87 mniutes in and Carroll absolutely bollocked Enrique for it. Bearing in mind Enrique had ran his nuts off down the left all night I'd have told Carroll where to go.

Ranger looked lost last night when he came on, although coming in at 3-0 up with the game from our point of view almost at walking pace probably isn't ideal for him. Carroll wins a lot in the air but can't shoot at all, anyone who witnessed the warmup at the Gallowgate end can testify, he lashed a volley from about 6 yards out that ended up in the middle tier, and his shooting continued in that vein from there.

Guest Heneage

Chuffed for Lovenkrands, he should be playing more I think.

Definitely, can't understand why he hasn't been given more of a chance.

He's got goals despite having no real run in the team. He's above Ranger imo.

Excellent?

The guy can't shoot, gets no direction whatsoever on his headers, falls down all the time and constantly pissed his teammates off by being an arsehole.

If we want just someone who can win headers, lets just get Howard from Leicester. Genuniely starting to wonder on earth Carroll is doing ahead of Ranger who actually looks like a footballer.

Yeah sorry, I thought his all round play was excellent. I know you can't stand the kid and definitely won't agree.

I like Ranger too, in fact right now I'd have no problem with any 2 from 4.

That said I think Shola is the most difficult to play against and therefore upsets the opposition most and Loven offers something a little bit different to the others although he does blow hot and cold.