The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I like how he defends his players also. It doesn't matter if you're Wenger or Hughton, a bit of praise and support always helps. I would far rather we were united and f***ing everyone else off than letting other people run our business. Hughton will drop Nolan when he sees fit, but for now I don't think we have to worry too much. We'll get 13 points from our next 6 games and everyone will be happy again...

dont have to worry? you saw the game on saturday right? we were very very lucky to come away with a point. One of the main reasons, not the sole reason, but one of the main reasons was because of Nolan. The amount of times he got dallying on the ball was incredible. Some of his passes were incredibly erratic.

If these draws that we are sneaking start turning into defeats away from home, then we do need to start worrying.

Praise from Hughton means nowt man.

And? Do you suggest he slates them? Or just stay quiet when asked a question? Honestly, anything other than praise will get picked up by the press.

its why i cant understand why people analyse managers interviews etc so much.

And? Do you suggest he slates them? Or just stay quiet when asked a question? Honestly, anything other than praise will get picked up by the press.

I see your point but I think if a player is genuinely interested in playing then knowing you have the managers support is a huge motivation. In terms of Nolan, the last thing I want to do is defend him, but from what iread he seems to be a decent bloke who genuinely wants to play and do well - he is just slow and fat.  He knows he had a bad game and He knows that everyone is saying he crap he was. In such circumstances if the boss comes out and says he supports you it surely has to give him further motivation to try harder.  If not, then he is a thankless b@stard and should be dropped to the youth team.

I guess we will the answer in a few hours time. Howay the lads 

I see your point but I think if a player is genuinely interested in playing then knowing you have the managers support is a huge motivation. In terms of Nolan, the last thing I want to do is defend him, but from what iread he seems to be a decent bloke who genuinely wants to play and do well - he is just slow and fat.  He knows he had a bad game and He knows that everyone is saying he crap he was. In such circumstances if the boss comes out and says he supports you it surely has to give him further motivation to try harder.  If not, then he is a thankless b@stard and should be dropped to the youth team.

I guess we will the answer in a few hours time. Howay the lads 

sorry, but if he wanted to do well, and really wanted to help this club and is such a nice guy, then he wouldnt be slow and fat. he a professional footballer ffs.

I think telling nloan he is undroppable is a mistake however showing his support for the player is a good thing, hopefully against swansea he was just having a bad day and this form is only temporary. On the subject of Hughton imo he is doing a good job, we should keep him next season aswell because i'm not sure we could get any one better also i'm sick of people having a go at us for changing managers all the time. The thing that concerns me is the style of play , i like to see good passing football i realise we''ll never get it as good as what we had it when kk and sbr was here but that doesn't mean we still can't play some decent football.

I disagree, plenty of fat footballers are good just look at le tiss, he was fat but very good aswell.

didnt really play in the centre of midfield though. And he had more ability than Nolan could ever dream of. Invalid example in my opinion.

Ok what about gazza? I imagine you will be thinking Nolan has no where near the ability and you would be right, but he is plaing in the ccc does he need the same amount off ability ?

I disagree, plenty of fat footballers are good just look at le tiss, he was fat but very good aswell.

didnt really play in the centre of midfield though. And he had more ability than Nolan could ever dream of. Invalid example in my opinion.

Ok what about gazza? I imagine you will be thinking Nolan has no where near the ability and you would be right, but he is plaing in the ccc does he need the same amount off ability ?

gazza wasnt fat until the back end of career. Went he went to Boro he piled on the beef.

And, just because Nolan is playing in the Championship doesnt mean he is allowed to be fat and unfit. He's playing for arguably one of the biggest clubs in the Country, he is representing our team. He is being paid an amazing amount of money to be an athlete. There are no excuses.

I reckon it was was alot easier to be a fatty footballer in the 80s/90s. I reckon the bottom line is Hughton is Nolan's bitch.

I've seen Enrique in the club shop wearing a tight top with his muscles bursting out. Surely Nolan's shame in the showers should be enough encouragement to lose some pounds.

Edit: Unless he's hung like Ron Jeremy,  compensating for his shite physique.

The bottom line is that as long as we are heading for promotion Hughton can justify his selection policy by pointing to the table. Personally I think Nolan is the worst example of a football professional and I don't agree with him being picked automatically for every game - makes the whole idea of resting other footballers a joke. With a bigger squad available it is going to be a test of Hughton's mettle whether he can keep everyone firing and the results favourable. There are signs that this new found team spirit is fading in some of the last few games.

I'm not trying to make excuses, i agree he should lose weight and he would be better for it though i still think he can do a agood job.

I agree, not as a footballer though. He should consider a career as a doorman or something, he loves a night out. He could get tips from Mike Hooper.