The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Says nowt wrong there.

Apart from insulting the fans.  How come we need to lower our expectations?  Believe me Chris, they are low.

He doesn't actually say anything like that.

True, hadn't actually read the article properly, should've realised the headline would be sensationalist rubbish.  :doh:

"It might be a question of lowering expectations."

The main thing that needs lowering is the amount of fuckwits telling everyone we need to lower our expectations. MESSAGE HERD NOW CAN YOU ALL SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!

Guest toonlass

The main thing that needs lowering is the amount of fuckwits telling everyone we need to lower our expectations. MESSAGE HERD NOW CAN YOU ALL SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!

fucks sake man! Shut it yourself!

The main thing that needs lowering is the amount of fuckwits telling everyone we need to lower our expectations. MESSAGE HERD NOW CAN YOU ALL SHUT THE f*** UP!!!!

f***s sake man! Shut it yourself!

Get you :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Apart from insulting the fans.  How come we need to lower our expectations?  Believe me Chris, they are low.

Theres still some allbeit in the minority. Even on here in the next season threads theres a lone voice of madness tbf. The media will look to show them over the majority of realistic fans as proven by Talksport on Tuesday

It speaks volumes of Hughton's impeccable media skills that David Craig is now reporting on the races, instead of us.

There was a day in the recent past when Craig was a permenant fixture outside our stadium.

What a composed and confident interview - he acts like he's been managing for years and he talks so much sense.

You are freaking me out!  :laugh:

It's mainly your fault i'm like this!!! ;)

What a composed and confident interview - he acts like he's been managing for years and he talks so much sense.

You are freaking me out!  :laugh:

It's mainly your fault i'm like this!!! ;)

:smug:

Guest Phil K

Anything above the bottom five or six is a decent first season

Hope for more, but it wouldn't be the end of the world to finish bottom half but well above the deadmen.

Anything above the bottom five or six is a decent first season

Hope for more, but it wouldn't be the end of the world to finish bottom half but well above the deadmen.

That at least gets us to where we were before relegation since 2004, so back to square one. I'd take that.

The main thing that needs lowering is the amount of fuckwits telling everyone we need to lower our expectations. MESSAGE:

"HERD NOW CAN YOU ALL SHUT THE f*** UP!!!!"

fyp  O0

Agree. He's earned his chance.

And when I hear about the "alternatives" like Mark Hughes and bloody McClaren..... :idiot2:

What, Mark Hughes who took Blackburn to 6th in the premier league playing attractive football on a budget of fuck all and signing and developing some superb players?

And McClaren who's got unfashionable Twente 4 points clear of world renowned Ajax and 5 ahead of PSV in the Dutch league this season?

And when I hear about the "alternatives" like Mark Hughes and bloody McClaren..... :idiot2:

What, Mark Hughes who took Blackburn to 6th in the premier league playing attractive football on a budget of f*** all and signing and developing some superb players?

And McClaren who's got unfashionable Twente 4 points clear of world renowned Ajax and 5 ahead of PSV in the Dutch league this season?

Did Blackburn play attractive football though? Allardyce got Bolton to 5th didn't he? What's your point in that perspective?

Either way, both of them managers did well over time at their club.

What, Mark Hughes who took Blackburn to 6th in the premier league playing attractive football on a budget of f*** all and signing and developing some superb players?

Did Blackburn play attractive football though? Allardyce got Bolton to 5th didn't he? What's your point in that perspective?

Blackburn did when they came 6th imo, they had Bentley and MGP flying on the wings and Bellamy up top. They played some great stuff at times, I know it's a much derided line on this forum but I lived with a Rovers fan at the time and they played some cracking stuff.

Also, I've mentioned it before, but his transfer record was astounding. Warnock, Bentley, Samba, Emerton, Nelson, MGP, McCarthy, Santa Cruz, Dunn all between £300k and £3.5m, mostly at the lower end of the spectrum.

Just to be clear, I'm not criticising or even comparing to Hughton here, just pointing out that Phil is talking utter shit in deriding Hughes like that.

Blackburn did when they came 6th imo, they had Bentley and MGP flying on the wings and Bellamy up top. They played some great stuff at times, I know it's a much derided line on this forum but I lived with a Rovers fan at the time and they played some cracking stuff.

Also, I've mentioned it before, but his transfer record was astounding. Warnock, Bentley, Samba, Emerton, Nelson, MGP, McCarthy, Santa Cruz, Dunn all between £300k and £3.5m, mostly at the lower end of the spectrum.

Just to be clear, I'm not criticising or even comparing to Hughton here, just pointing out that Phil is talking utter s*** in deriding Hughes like that.

It's rather late and my memory's not at it's best but i'm quite sure MGP and Emerton were signed by Graeme Souness not Mark Hughes. According to Alan Oliver we were taking those 2 players for years but then Souness got them at Ewood and then left them to ruin us internally

Guest firetotheworks

Im all for Hughton, but if things dont work out. Hughes would be my realistic choice. I can imagine him going to West Ham though.

Just to be clear, I'm not criticising or even comparing to Hughton here, just pointing out that Phil is talking utter s*** in deriding Hughes like that.

It's rather late and my memory's not at it's best but i'm quite sure MGP and Emerton were signed by Graeme Souness not Mark Hughes. According to Alan Oliver we were taking those 2 players for years but then Souness got them at Ewood and then left them to ruin us internally

You're correct, Emerton and MGP were Souness, just checked it :thup:

Still a very impressive transfer record mind.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/779128/CHRIS-HUGHTON-has-done-a-fantastic-job-taking-Newcastle-up-at-the-first-time-of-asking.html

Hughton should quit before he is stabbed in the back

10/04/2010

CHRIS HUGHTON has done a fantastic job taking Newcastle up at the first time of asking.

Now he should do himself a big favour and get out of Toon with his head held high before he gets stabbed in the back.

That way Hughton will give himself a future living as a proven boss at a decent level.

Not end up being sacked in humiliation after five games at the start of next term.

If success in management is based on being a good coach and man, Newcastle should not be paying Hughton a big bonus now that they are back in the top flight but also a proper contract. Yet they have not and will not.

Let us put it this way - being back in the Premier League is worth a minimum extra £30million a year for the club but Hughton will be lucky to see much of it.

And from what I gather Hughton's job is up for grabs, no doubt on four times the wages.

If owner Mike Ashley succeeds in selling the club this summer then new owners will want a bigger name than Hughton.

If Ashley fails to convince buyers Newcastle is a good investment to take off his hands at £100m then he is as likely to do the same in the belief he can up the ante.

OK, Hughton may need help on charisma but he has done a job this season that even Toon hero Alan Shearer would never have come close to achieving.

Yet there will now be a campaign to install a name of Shearer's status or a foreign guru.

Well the Geordies do like to clutch failure out of the jaws of success.

There is talk in the north east that Hughton is now surplus to requirements because he can't control four so-called senior players

Yet if Hughton has managed to keep the egos of such overpaid, overrated "stars" in line, then he must know what he is doing.

And if Hughton, brought up in London's tough East End, wants to flex credible muscles, he may remind certain people he came from a mixed race background during the 1960s and 70s when that was not easy.

Yet he ended up playing in the same Spurs team as Glenn Hoddle and Ossie Ardiles as well as playing for the Republic of Ireland.

Chrissy Hughton has rubbed shoulders with far bigger men than, for instance, Joey Barton.

So he should be embraced by the club's current or next owners. But he won't be.