The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Didn't say they should, but last window there was money to spend so it's slightly different. I just find the concept of evidence of nothing amusing.

And I'm as amused by the concept of nothing as evidence.

f*** knows what's going on behind the scenes, but whether they're doing absolutely f*** all, or everyone at the club is working their bollocks off to bring in loans or bosmans or whatever, we'd see precisely the same evidence of it either way. Nothing.

Hughton said this week that theyre just using the first few weeks of the summer to decide what were going to do and on the back of a very good season where weve won promotion its now time to sit back and evaluate.

Doesnt sound like theyve being doing much to me, and it does appear to contradict his statement about having a head start. The sitting back and evaluating should have happened at the start of April when we secured promotion, and if they are just getting round to it now what do you think they have been doing for the last two months?

The plans made from April may have gone out of the window since the statement was issued, is that Hughtons fault?

Didn't say they should, but last window there was money to spend so it's slightly different. I just find the concept of evidence of nothing amusing.

And I'm as amused by the concept of nothing as evidence.

f*** knows what's going on behind the scenes, but whether they're doing absolutely f*** all, or everyone at the club is working their bollocks off to bring in loans or bosmans or whatever, we'd see precisely the same evidence of it either way. Nothing.

Hughton said this week that theyre just using the first few weeks of the summer to decide what were going to do and on the back of a very good season where weve won promotion its now time to sit back and evaluate.

Doesnt sound like theyve being doing much to me, and it does appear to contradict his statement about having a head start. The sitting back and evaluating should have happened at the start of April when we secured promotion, and if they are just getting round to it now what do you think they have been doing for the last two months?

The plans made from April may have gone out of the window since the statement was issued, is that Hughtons fault?

Yes. Yes it is.

• 4 weeks later...

Sep 2009 Peter Lovenkrands

Sep 2009 Zurab Khizanishvili

Sep 2009 Marlon Harewood

Nov 2009 Fabrice Pancrate

Jan 2010 Danny Simpson

Jan 2010 Wayne Routledge

Jan 2010 Mike Williamson

Jan 2010 Fitz Hall

Jan 2010 Patrick Van Aanholt

Jan 2010     Leon Best

Jul 2010      James Perch

Is it me or does he have some kind of favouritism towards mixed-raced (or black) players?

Sep 2009 Peter Lovenkrands

Sep 2009 Zurab Khizanishvili

Sep 2009 Marlon Harewood

Nov 2009 Fabrice Pancrate

Jan 2010 Danny Simpson

Jan 2010 Wayne Routledge

Jan 2010 Mike Williamson

Jan 2010 Fitz Hall

Jan 2010 Patrick Van Aanholt

Maybe add James Perch and Samuel to this list ...

Aye, thought the same a while ago.  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I still can't get over his surname tbh.

Back on subject though, I probably agree that Hughton's a bit of a racist, to both black and white people. I bet the daft cunt can't play bass, but pronounces 'ask' as 'ask'. Whose side are you on Christopher? Choose!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/879998/TOON-BOSS-HUGHTON-PITCHES-IN.html

CHRIS HUGHTON has ordered groundsmen to restrict the size of Newcastle's pitch for fear of the Premier League's wide boys.

Newcastle conceded just 13 league goals on their own turf last season, sharing with Nottingham Forest the best home defensive record in the Championship.

But Hughton fears his back line may struggle with the step up in class. He will reduce the 75-yard width of the St James's Park pitch by at least four yards to crowd out visiting forwards.

Highly rated Toon striker Andy Carroll, 21, is close to securing his long-term future with the club.

And back-up keeper Tim Krul, 22, is set to commit to the club for a further four years.

The Dutchman has already been earmarked as a future star even though he has made just three league appearances for the Magpies.

This man is a freakin' genius!

Guest malandro

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/879998/TOON-BOSS-HUGHTON-PITCHES-IN.html

CHRIS HUGHTON has ordered groundsmen to restrict the size of Newcastle's pitch for fear of the Premier League's wide boys.

Newcastle conceded just 13 league goals on their own turf last season, sharing with Nottingham Forest the best home defensive record in the Championship.

But Hughton fears his back line may struggle with the step up in class. He will reduce the 75-yard width of the St James's Park pitch by at least four yards to crowd out visiting forwards.

Highly rated Toon striker Andy Carroll, 21, is close to securing his long-term future with the club.

And back-up keeper Tim Krul, 22, is set to commit to the club for a further four years.

The Dutchman has already been earmarked as a future star even though he has made just three league appearances for the Magpies.

This man is a freakin' genius!

If this is true, and that’s a big if....

Won’t narrowing the width of the pitch also limit the space Jonas and Routledge have to work in? Leaving us with the creative skills and dynamic running of Smith/Nolan/Barton/Guthrie to unlock opposition defences.

Narrowing the pitch isn’t a new tactic, it’s been employed by negative managers who don’t care if supporters end up paying good money to see crap football matches for years.

Guest malandro

They'll just play straight through the middle of our laborious midfield instead.

Probably, but Hughton might think if we play five in midfield and narrow the pitch it’ll be so crowded in the middle of the park the two teams will cancel each other out. 

Not many teams get promoted then stay up playing attractive football, I know it's not popular but it's the hard truth. If we have realistic expectations next season then survival is the priority and our best hope we be playing the type of football not many like.

If we want to go down in style I am sure we can flog a few players, sign some below par but willing to "play the game how it should be played" players and take our heavy beatings with the pride of knowing at least we tried to play attractive football.

Guest malandro

I believe in Hughton. If he says narrow the pitch; narrow the pitch.

Good for you. I think he’s an overly cautious manager who’s obsessed with a safety first approach and could easily be out of his depth this season. Last season was a cakewalk. He had the best squad of players backed by the far and away the biggest support - and he was given more money to spend in January than any manager in the Championship. You can believe in him if you want, I’m waiting to see how he does when the odds aren’t stacked in his favour.

I believe in Hughton. If he says narrow the pitch; narrow the pitch.

Good for you. I think hes an overly cautious manager whos obsessed with a safety first approach and could easily be out of his depth this season. Last season was a cakewalk. He had the best squad of players backed by the far and away the biggest support - and he was given more money to spend in January than any manager in the Championship. You can believe in him if you want, Im waiting to see how he does when the odds arent stacked in his favour.

He definitely had the best squad, but I'm sure Billy Davies spent a lot, perhaps not in january. What we must give him credit for is that he spent very well (best aside)