The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

if we start our next game with either Smith or Nolan then he deserves all the stick he gets.

This is the nail on head point.

Aye, get the blades sharpened lads.

What do you mean by that?

You're expecting it to happen, based on nothing. And for whatever reason you seem to want it.

That's what it looks like.

Smith and Nolan both justified their places today, and Hughton has dropped plenty of the players that you all seem to think he's too spineless to drop. fwiw, I think he'll play Smith and Nolan, because Nolans goalscoring is still up to it, and Smith will probably play because it's an away game. I won't like it, but I'll understand it.

What to happen? Hughton has a history of being a bad in game tactician and poor at interventions with substitues, I think if you read this thread there is common ground. This isn't the J league every team can beat you in this league if you don't play to your potential.

I have made postive comments about CH if you open your eyes and go back a few pages, but its entirely ridiculous not to be able to criticise him when he gets his in game tactics so badly wrong as he did today and as most have seen and commented on. You're just chimming in with idiotic one liners as if people have an agenda against Hughton and sneering at people who disagree with you...AND WHAT IS YOUR ARGUMENT EXACTLY? That the people citicising him are being nasty...Grow the f*** up.

Give me ONE good reason why a curent FRENCH INTERNATIONAL should be stuck on the bench till the 80min when we desperately needed a breakthrough?

You're not worth the full reaction tbh. If growing up turns me into a assuming, patronising, boring old know it all, then I'd rather not tbh. You're not worthy of any reasoned debate.

You mean you haven't got an answer. Carry on sneering at posters like me who've been on this board 5 years if it makes you feel high and mighty. Pathetic.

:lol: What a tit.

Eh?

I've been here six years and I think you're a tit.

5<6 so I'm right. :razz:

Yeah but you look like a tit.

Burn!

Back in yer box?

The players today were average but ultimately Hughton's feeble tactics lost us the game. A critical huge black mark against Hughton versus a woeful side.

Parky you are fucking desperate for hughton to fail and it's fucking pathetic. Maybe there is another team/sport you want to follow, if not maybe you should direct your energy elsewhere as your desperation for us to fail doesn't go down well with most.

Jonnyhall, you were like this at the start (and about midway through last season), I hoped you had learnt your lesson but it seems you have jumped straight back on the hate wagon as soon as you got the chance :(

Jonnyhall, you were like this at the start (and about midway through last season), I hoped you had learnt your lesson but it seems you have jumped straight back on the hate wagon as soon as you got the chance :(

I'm not jumping on the hate bandwagon at all. He's done very well, I'm very impressed with how he handled the transfer market, we've had a brilliant start to the season.

But when you lose 2-0 at home to a side that I expect to comfortably go down this season, and when he holds back on making substitutions as long as he did, I have to point the finger at him. He made a mistake, he's being criticised for it just like I praise him when he does something right.

I still think he can keep us up btw.

Parky you are fucking desperate for hughton to fail and it's fucking pathetic. Maybe there is another team/sport you want to follow, if not maybe you should direct your energy elsewhere as your desperation for us to fail doesn't go down well with most.

What utter rubbish. I know you're a bit thick but his is ridiculous. i've said good things about Ch in this very thread. But he got it badly wrong today. Sometimes his conservatism is a good thing in certain games, but games like today he needs to be more dynamic and take a risk, give the team some air to breathe in an attacking sense.

At least 50 people have said he bought Bafra on too late.

What utter rubbish. I know you're a bit thick but his is ridiculous. i've said good things about Ch in this very thread. But he got it badly wrong today.

:lol:

He should have played on their number three cos routledge totally had his number and beat him every time - but the midfield just played it down the middle time after time - if you see a weakness like that you should act on it - personally i think it was just a bad day at the office - here's hoping anyway

Parky, a few people have said to me you sound like you are someone who really doesn't follow football but you want to get involved so you just find your opinions from elsewhere and try to pass them off as your own. Sometimes you just go a bit crazy and go on your own and look a bit silly but persist (Benetiz three years on).

I thought that was a bit harsh but it's hard to keep defending you as they are starting to sound spot on (more than you are desperate to be about Hughton).

As I said, maybe you should give another sport a go as it seems your faux opinions are starting to look really obvious now.

Sorry if that is a bit harsh but if you are going to start calling me thick I will start being honest.

Parky, a few people have said to me you sound like you are someone who really doesn't follow football but you want to get involved so you just find your opinions from elsewhere and try to pass them off as your own. Sometimes you just go a bit crazy and go on your own and look a bit silly but persist (Benetiz three years on).

I thought that was a bit harsh but it's hard to keep defending you as they are starting to sound spot on (more than you are desperate to be about Hughton).

As I said, maybe you should give another sport a go as it seems your faux opinions are starting to look really obvious now.

Sorry if that is a bit harsh but if you are going to start calling me thick I will start being honest.

:fishing:

I think it's a bit shit that people can't express an opinion after a result like the one we've received today.  If Hughton does well then people praise him and when he screws up people have a go at him, some people need to learn to live with that because it will always happen.

Guest neesy111

I think it's a bit shit that people can't express an opinion after a result like the one we've received today.  If Hughton does well then people praise him and when he screws up people have a go at him, some people need to learn to live with that because it will always happen.

Happen's in all sports tbh.

Guest neesy111

If he doesn't drop Smith very soon when we have better options, then it will tell to me that he has favourites in the team and that is when people will get on his back and deservedly so.

I have no problem people expressing an opinion, many have and I said Hughton failed today but Parky has been doing this non-stop in a pathetic desperation to be proven right even if it means he is happier if we don't do well.

I have no problem people expressing an opinion, many have and I said Hughton failed today but Parky has been doing this non-stop in a pathetic desperation to be proven right even if it means he is happier if we don't do well.

I wasn't on about you. :lol:

I must admit - we ran out of ideas far too soon for my liking today. The first tactic appeared to be lumping it long to Carroll - then when we weren't getting any joy out of that we didn't know what to do.

Guest neesy111

I must admit - we ran out of ideas far too soon for my liking today. The first tactic appeared to be lumping it long to Carroll - then when we weren't getting any joy out of that we didn't know what to do.

Only having 1 good striker out of 5 in our squad isn't good as well.

There have been plenty putting fair criticism across which I have completely agreed with. There have also been those who have gone WAY over the top and Parky who is just desperate to be correct.

Not directed at Mick :D

There have been plenty putting fair criticism across which I have completely agreed with. There have also been those who have gone WAY over the top and Parky who is just desperate to be correct.

Not directed at Mick :D

That's a direct consequence of playing him up front on his own.

We shouldn't be doing that against the poorer sides in the division, especially at home.

Guest neesy111

I'm afraid when Hughtons number is up our league position will be beyond repair.

That was complete and utter shit on too many levels.

I think you might be proved right. :(