The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Reasonably convinced he'll address the problems for the next game. Tiote will play instead of Smith and we'll play it on the deck more.

Reasonable doesn't sound too convincing though :lol:

I must admit - we ran out of ideas far too soon for my liking today. The first tactic appeared to be lumping it long to Carroll - then when we weren't getting any joy out of that we didn't know what to do.

That's a direct consequence of playing him up front on his own.

We shouldn't be doing that against the poorer sides in the division, especially at home.

This.

We did it last season against 10 Leicester players (playing in a negative way) and failed.

We should play offensive whenever we are at home against a side that isn't top 6.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Smith won't play against Everton, he's dropped him before, and Guthrie would have started alongside Barton had he not injured himself prior to Man Utd. Tiote or HBA will start in his place IMO.

Guest neesy111

We beat Blackpool 5 months ago playing 442 with 2 strikers and won 4-1.

So why not go the same again, this totally baffles me.  I don't agree with the excuse don't change a winning team, you play the best team to win you the game regardless of who's playing.

Smith won't play against Everton, he's dropped him before, and Guthrie would have started alongside Barton had he not injured himself prior to Man Utd. Tiote or HBA will start in his place IMO.

Absolutely. Not saying Guthrie is a great player, but he's twice the player Smith is.

He's good at set pieces as well. Sadly, he's put himself a bit out of the frame with that injury.

Reasonably convinced he'll address the problems for the next game. Tiote will play instead of Smith and we'll play it on the deck more.

It does when you read it twice in a row :pow:

Guest neesy111

It does when you read it twice in a row :pow:

Nah only when it's 3 times :lol:

I haven't seen the match yet but if the criticism is right then i don't see the problem with people expressing it. Particularely on a forum. The only thing i would hope for is that people don't go OTT and start saying things like Hughton out (not saying anyone is). Our fans have a reputation for going overboard so maybe those who criticise those who ctiticise are just worried the criticism will change in to a Hughton out campaign ( i apologise if that doesn't make sense ) ?

Guest neesy111

I honestly don't think he would have tbh.  Smith would've played at Old Trafford.

This, I think Hughton is believing we need a DM for all games, which isn't the case IMO.

I honestly don't think he would have tbh.  Smith would've played at Old Trafford.

Yeah, that's why he also started in the match against Rangers.

Hughton said that year ago, that in the final pre season game, the team should look "very much like the team that will start in the first match of the league".

So, Guthrie would have started against Man Utd imo.

This, I think Hughton is believing we need a DM for all games, which isn't the case IMO.

That's why Hughton played with 4-4-2 last season, with Guthrie and Nolan (both non-DM's)?

Guest neesy111

That's why Hughton played with 4-4-2 last season, with Guthrie and Nolan (both non-DM's)?

In the CHAMPIONSHIP he did, premiership is completely different.

Yeah, that's why he also started in the match against Rangers.

Hughton said that year ago, that in the final pre season game, the team should look "very much like the team that will start in the first match of the league".

So, Guthrie would have started against Man Utd imo.

:nope:

Said I thought Smith would start throughout the summer, Guthrie's injury just happened to come at the same time.

I must admit - we ran out of ideas far too soon for my liking today. The first tactic appeared to be lumping it long to Carroll - then when we weren't getting any joy out of that we didn't know what to do.

We shouldn't be doing that against the poorer sides in the division, especially at home.

Exactly. There's a time to be conservative and there's times when we've got to go for it.

He (and his fans) have got to put up with the criticisms when it goes tits up and he fucked it up today. Doesn't mean he'll be a shit manager and he's going to fuck it up every week but he got it wrong today and needs to learn from it. Last time he showed such a lack of spine was when he refused to change things at Leicester in January.

Guest neesy111

Exactly. There's a time to be conservative and there's times when we've got to go for it.

He (and his fans) have got to put up with the criticisms when it goes tits up and he fucked it up today. Doesn't mean he'll be a shit manager and he's going to fuck it up every week but he got it wrong today and needs to learn from it. Last time he showed such a lack of spine was when he refused to change things at Leicester in January.

Correct, if people don't do constructive criticism then it leads everyone to false sense of dawn tbh.

I have no problem people expressing an opinion, many have and I said Hughton failed today but Parky has been doing this non-stop in a pathetic desperation to be proven right even if it means he is happier if we don't do well.

I've got nothing personal against you mate and apologise for my earlier comment. I really don't want to be proved right and it frustrates me that you keep reiterating this tack. As I've said earlier I've been positive about CH in this particular thread if you look back. Sometimes I get a bit carried away and you're right about that, but mate I go to at least 20 football matches a season here in Germany have been playing since I was 12, so you're a bit off the mark with your comments about me being a 'dabbler'. The Benitez things was just a giggle and I'd like to think you saw it as that. Not sure what this new thing is about me using my  energies elsewhere, but I don't post as much as I used to on here and if you can remember back in the day I was accused of being too positive!!

Anyway as I said apologies, but tbf to me you have recently picked me out for stalking especially in this thread, you've got a lot cockier since you lost that weight.  :smitten:

I await you and your posse who want to kick me off the board.

He played the same players that beat Villa 6-0.

Hughton HAS to take responsibility for today, he SHOULD have made changes earlier but failed to do so but I bet some who are whinging about the negative approach were also saying the same 11 deserved to start before 3pm.

I am mightily fucked off btw, it just doesn't help when fellow fans seem to be point scoring. As I said earlier I have seen many fair criticisms (Wullie for one of the top of my head) but some have been stupid and exactly the sort that have provoked "fickle geordie" bullshit spouted by the wankers generalizing in the media.

Guest neesy111

Never agreed with this stuff about keeping the same team etc.

1 - Puts players into a comfort zone.

2 - Every opposition will be a different challenge on many fronts.