The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He played the same players that beat Villa 6-0.

Hughton HAS to take responsibility for today, he SHOULD have made changes earlier but failed to do so but I bet some who are whinging about the negative approach were also saying the same 11 deserved to start before 3pm.

I am mightily fucked off btw, it just doesn't help when fellow fans seem to be point scoring. As I said earlier I have seen many fair criticisms (Wullie for one of the top of my head) but some have been stupid and exactly the sort that have provoked "fickle geordie" bullshit spouted by the wankers generalizing in the media.

He didn't have to.  He's apparently strengthened the first team since then, hasn't he?

Never agreed with this stuff about keeping the same team etc.

1 - Puts players into a comfort zone.

2 - Every opposition will be a different challenge on many fronts.

You have made so many posts, but I'm really struggling to understand what you're on about half the time.

What Hughton did today was pretty standard practice, you don't throw players (not only new to the league, but to the country) straight in if you have players up to the task on the pitch. Those starting players, despite people bleating on, are certainly up to the task of beating Blackpool. In another thread you said that players like Jonas will only up their game if there is competition, well, Chris put that competition right there on the bench, and yet all those players whos places were under threat from the arrival of Ben Arfa and Tiote had shockers. Why was that?

Hughton clearly as manager has to take the criticism and move forward, but the players were simply not clicking for whatever reason, and other than not changing things sooner (though even then we started the 2nd half much better and were creating chances) he didn't do that much exeptionally wrong. It was just a pretty fkn bad day on the pitch.

We'll see more of the new lads, and see them starting if they're good enough, keep the faith.  O0

Right now I'm just hoping that Everton have a similarly bad 'off day' next week.

Guest secteur2010

some we win, some we lose.

the manner of the loss is a different thing entirely.

but todays loss does not mean CH is a bad manager, far from it.

He played the sam e players that beat Villa 6-0.

Hughton HAS to take responsibility for today, he SHOULD have made changes earlier but failed to do so but I bet some who are whinging about the negative approach were also saying the same 11 deserved to start before 3pm.

I am mightily fucked off btw, it just doesn't help when fellow fans seem to be point scoring. As I said earlier I have seen many fair criticisms (Wullie for one of the top of my head) but some have been stupid and exactly the sort that have provoked "fickle geordie" bullshit spouted by the wankers generalizing in the media.

He didn't have to.  He's apparently strengthened the first team since then, hasn't he?

And how much training have they had with us? Apparently not much at all so if we threw them in and lost the toys would have been well out of the pram for that decision.

Guest neesy111

I'm not worried. We're capable of putting out a much stronger starting 11. I hope we get to see it sooner rather than later, like.

Howay Hughton, do it.

No excuses, it should be out next week.  If it isn't people will rightly question him.

He played the sam e players that beat Villa 6-0.

And how much training have they had with us? Apparently not much at all so if we threw them in and lost the toys would have been well out of the pram for that decision.

As opposed to being out of the pram for not playing them.  Can't win eh?

Especially sticking with Nolan & Smith. :pow:

How many people criticised the line up when it was announced. Most of us expected the line up to be the same as it was in our previous matches. Hughton would have taken more stick if he had made changes and we'd lost. Everyone would be saying he shouldn't have changed it. It's a no win situation for Hughton.

We didn't play badly, especially second half, we practically wiped the floor with them. We just couldn't find the back of the net, it happens to the best of them. Their keeper made a few decent saves.

I thought we looked a worse team when Hughton did make the changes. We lost our width, everything went through the middle, so it ends up congested, and we had gaping holes at the back, hence their second goal.

I'm just saying Hughton didn't do too much wrong, it was just one of those days when we looked like we were never going to score.

Depends if they are ready, or he could go into a moronic panic and just throw them in hoping they will instantly be awesome.

Lets forget reality though...

I have to every time I start talking to you ;)

Seriously though, should've gone with Carroll & a proper forward today.

Hughton will be judged (by me anyway) on the response to today.  He has no excuse not to make changes now.

The vast majority said he shouldn't change the team today.

We destroyed a much better side with the same 11.

Then I suppose Hughton is the manager so even if he makes the same decision we would he should still get slated when it doesn't work.

Is it possible to be banned from the football forum for a few days?

Guest neesy111

It'll not be on show next week. It's not in Hughtons nature to be that gung-ho, unfortunately.

Gung-ho?

Were not going to 433, we are just replacing 2 players with 2 better players.  Very simple.

Then I suppose Hughton is the manager so even if he makes the same decision we would he should still get slated when it doesn't work.

It's easy :lol:

why hughton is getting stick is because of his reaction to the position when it wasn't working.

Guest neesy111

Very easy you tart.

fixtures,footy clips, over the top abuse. knock yer sel oot.

Very easy you tart.

Easy neesy in fact.

why hughton is getting stick is because of his reaction to the position when it wasn't working.

I wish it was, I have agreed with that but with some it's clearly not.

Unfortunately if you are banned it's from the whole forum and I have no issue with general chat.

Not too concerned about Hughton at this point. I never really expected him to tinker too much with a side which has done well, even though I'm not a fan of the midfield regardless of the results. At least he's recognised the weak areas and has bought players to come into them. The one criticism I would have is that he is over-cautious. Like a lot of managers in this league he doesn't use subs quickly enough to change a game and ends up leaving it until the game's gone.

Not too concerned about Hughton at this point. I never really expected him to tinker too much with a side which has done well, even though I'm not a fan of the midfield regardless of the results. At least he's recognised the  weak areas and has bought players to come into them. The one criticism I would have is that he is over-cautious. Like a lot of managers in this league he doesn't use subs quickly enough to change a game and ends up leaving it until the game's gone.

:thup:

Guest secteur2010

thing is if he had changed it from the start and we lost, people would have said "Why change a winning side?".

can't win them all.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

thing is if he had changed it from the start and we lost, people would have said "Why change a winning side?".

can't win them all.

Well, I would have wanted him to keep the same side. He should have made changes at half time though,