The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hughton's built a great team spirit here with a bunch of good honest lads. At least that's not being threatened by disruptive c***s like that N'Zogbia...

or Ben Arfa. Eh? Eh? Aye, fucking exactly.

I wasn't really having a go at Hughton FWIW, more the crap mamagement which refused to play Zog left wing despite it being obvious he was one of our better players. Yes he had a shit attitude but good attitude workhorses still get pissed on at this level.

Colo got him out of jail today. Perch was all over the place and we getting mauled by N'Zogbia. The fact that Hughton didnt do anything about it at half time is worrying because it could well have been 3-0. If Perch starts the next game after that shocking performance...

Putting Guthrie on instead of a natural right winger was calling for trouble. We know Guthrie tends to cut inside so that left Perch pushing higher and that caught him off guard for at least the second goal.

Satisfied Nolan was dropped at least. Shows he has some sense.

Putting Guthrie on instead of a natural right winger was calling for trouble. We know Guthrie tends to cut inside so that left Perch pushing higher and that caught him off guard for at least the second goal.

Satisfied Nolan was dropped at least. Shows he has some sense.

Said this before the game. Guthrie hates playing on the wing and he's too slow anyway. Like I said in the pre-match thread, why not try playing midfielders in midfield, wingers on the wing, and forwards up front?

Oh and if we must play 4-5-1, the attacking midfielder shouldn't be a fat bastard.

Expected alot of his half time team talk and it didn't produce. We looked just as bad/worse than before we went in at the break.

Really needs to start producing at home, or Mike will hand him his golf club and brief case.

No its not Guthrie on the right that lost us our shape, its f***ing Perch on the field. Ive been crying this out ever since the Man Utd match, hes an awful, nervous looking non-footballer!

Perch was the only player who was on our right, N'Zogbia had acres of space and Enrique would have struggled in his position.  Perch was poor but he had no protection at all.

No its not Guthrie on the right that lost us our shape, its f***ing Perch on the field. Ive been crying this out ever since the Man Utd match, hes an awful, nervous looking non-footballer!

Perch was the only player who was on our right, N'Zogbia had acres of space and Enrique would have struggled in his position.  Perch was poor but he had no protection at all.

Come on its still 1 against 1. Had their leftback been there and Guthrie not then sure. N'Zogbia raped him time after time. Guthrie can't give protection every single second N'Zogbia has the ball, he can't teleport ffs! But sure I get what you mean but it still doesn't take out the fact that Perch is fucking awful.

Come on its still 1 against 1. Had their leftback been there and Guthrie not then sure. N'Zogbia raped him time after time. Guthrie can't give protection every single second N'Zogbia has the ball, he can't teleport ffs! But sure I get what you mean but it still doesn't take out the fact that Perch is f***ing awful.

Guthrie didn't offer any protection and nor did he offer anything going forward on the right and Perch spent too much time trying to get forward to offer something from the wing.  Perch was poor, he wasn't the reason we were 2 goals down either.  I'll have to watch the first goal again but Williamson should have got the ball from where I was sitting and Barton gave them the 2nd.

Hughton's in a position that, it really really does have to go properly tits up before we sack him. It has to be so bad that it makes Joe Kinnear look a viable option. Because, lets face it, no manager in their right mind and worth their salt would even consider working under Ashley.