The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That statement is hardly convincing (well, the 3 lines I've seen from BBC). From that, the hierarchy are hardly giving them their full backing. Surely, they could have been more resounding in their backing?

Of course, it's totally laughable there is any talk of him being relieved of his duties. Just, the club could had the opportunity to 100% quash rumours there.

Without putting 'yous are all talking shite' I don't know what else they can do other than give him a new contract now. Which they're right not to.

The only other option is to sit tight and say nothing which isn't ideal either.

It's a delicate situation and needs to be handled carefully and with a bit of tact and nous. Which is precisely why I'm just a bit concerned tbh.

ive got no idea where all this shit has come from? the thought of him losing his job at this point is fucking stupid.

We need to remind ourselves of this fundamental truth every time we see some bollocks shat out by the latest god-awful excuse for a journo.

The whole thing is mental and a creation of the media IMO.

I'm on record as someone who wouldn't have Hughton as manager but if the club think he is their then they should allow him to get an assistant ASAP to demonstrate their support.

Calderwood has only just gone.  The new no 2 will follow soon I'm sure

Also, Calderwood going had absolutely fuck all to do with the position of Hughton or the future of NUFC. He was always going to leave if an opportunity like that came up for him.

Total shit again, linking two things that have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Guest neesy111

That statement is hardly convincing (well, the 3 lines I've seen from BBC). From that, the hierarchy are hardly giving them their full backing. Surely, they could have been more resounding in their backing?

Of course, it's totally laughable there is any talk of him being relieved of his duties. Just, the club could had the opportunity to 100% quash rumours there.

Without putting 'yous are all talking shite' I don't know what else they can do other than give him a new contract now. Which they're right not to.

The only other option is to sit tight and say nothing which isn't ideal either.

It's a delicate situation and needs to be handled carefully and with a bit of tact and nous. Which is precisely why I'm just a bit concerned tbh.

My feelings as well, (I can't express them on here :lol:).

ive got no idea where all this s*** has come from? the thought of him losing his job at this point is f***ing stupid.

We need to remind ourselves of this fundamental truth every time we see some bollocks shat out by the latest god-awful excuse for a journo.

The whole thing is mental and a creation of the media IMO.

I hope your right mate, it would honestly sicken me to see him lose his job in near future.

So embarrassed the club feel they have to come out and back him after tonight.

It's the f***ing Carling Cup. We are a newly-promoted side.

wasnt it before the match? genuine question.

I don't know. Assume it was after the match.

Think it was released after, but I think they'd have done it anyway considering the shite Sky came out with before the game.

Think it was released after, but I think they'd have done it anyway considering the s**** Sky came out with before the game.

what were they saying? just spinning what the papers had said?

Think it was released after, but I think they'd have done it anyway considering the shite Sky came out with before the game.

probably the only reason, morons like oliver and the fail they can ignore but they can't ignore sky making shit up (or go for the usual tactic of banning them)

Think it was released after, but I think they'd have done it anyway considering the s**** Sky came out with before the game.

Yep. 'Not sure why this has even come up...surely he's not under pressure?' etc etc. SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT THEN YOU CUNTS.

shite about betting markets and stories in the media (which they convientantly ignore they're part of)

Reporting something with other journalists as the source is becoming a pandemic at the moment, it's madness. Even the BBC publish stories with quotes from other reporters FFS.

The media are well capable of turning something that is incredibly unlikely (i.e. Hughton getting sacked) into something that acquires some sort of fundamental truth.

Guest neesy111

Reporting something with other journalists as the source is becoming a pandemic at the moment, it's madness. Even the BBC publish stories with quotes from other reporters FFS.

The media are well capable of turning something that is incredibly unlikely (i.e. Hughton getting sacked) into something that acquires some sort of fundamental truth.

They have to or they wouldn't be able to sell Newspapers etc.

Thank Rupert Murdoch for our shite media.