The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BTW, let's bear in mind that we expected to struggle in pretty much every game, home and away.

i didn't, i looked at most of the prem and thought we are as good as those (ie the boltons, wolves, west ham, birminghams, sunderlands etc.)

Good on you. I was more worried about how shocking most of our players looked the last time they were in the Premier League.

Can understand why he went ubchanged.. they offered no threat but got two lucky goals.. not going to slate Hughton for the defeart.. we play football they ruin it.

Like Blackpool, Stoke and Wigan ruined it?

Stoke did tbh.

Yet managed to create far more chances than us. It's laughable how getting beat by lower-tier PL sides is being made out to be an injustice on here.

It's a lot easier to arrest poor home form than away form yet if we'd won those three home games but lost at West Ham, Goodison and the Emirates, everyone would be much happier.

We suffer a little bit from SJP still being perceived as a difficult place to go, especially with a cursory glance at the two murderings we've handed out. He's always negative as fuck but even Allardyce won't go 5 at the back with two defensive midfielders at the other promoted teams.

It's a lot easier to arrest poor home form than away form yet if we'd won those three home games but lost at West Ham, Goodison and the Emirates, everyone would be much happier.

We suffer a little bit from SJP still being perceived as a difficult place to go, especially with a cursory glance at the two murderings we've handed out. He's always negative as fuck but even Allardyce won't go 5 at the back with two defensive midfielders at the other promoted teams.

SJP is a difficult place to play.  For us.

The pressure notch is slowly turning back up.

5 points off the relegation zone, with Liverpool, City and Chelsea all the next three home games. Can't see where our next home win will be.

5 points off the relegation zone, with Liverpool, City and Chelsea all the next three home games. Can't see where our next home win will be.

Next home win will be against Liverpool. Reason: I'll be at SJP.  :pow:

Guest neesy111

A big test is whether he will tell Ashley in no certain terms that if he wants to guarantee survival then we need to sign some players in January.  Whether the fat cunt will listen is another problem.

I can see us drawing or even beating a side like Liverpool or City on the day. Plus we have 3 away games that with our current away form we have every chance of winning. 13 games in I would have took 18 points without question, we still have twice as many points as 19th and 20th with makes it better for us if we only have to finish ahead of 1 more team. I hope the home games dont come back to bite us in the arse but tbh I dont think they will, we'll be alright.

Given that you'd take 17th, you should be elated with the league table. Over a third of the season gone, top half, 5 points clear of relegation, two teams being cut adrift at the bottom...where exactly did you expect us to be at this point btw?

f***ing ridiculous to even suggest he's under pressure imo.

Thats very true, but our next 3 away games are pretty nice. Can see us squeaking 4 points from them.

He'll be under pressure within a month, mainly because the crowd at SJP won't stand for this rubbish every week.

And quite rightly so imo. We should have beaten at least two of the likes of Stoke, Blackburn, Wigan, Blackpool and Fulham.

Given that you'd take 17th, you should be elated with the league table. Over a third of the season gone, top half, 5 points clear of relegation, two teams being cut adrift at the bottom...where exactly did you expect us to be at this point btw?

:clap:

I'm not getting back into this fucking debate again. Of course I'm not elated, we've failed to win 5 very winnable home games and if we don't start winning home games soon, we'll be in the relegation fight which is where I certainly don't want us to be.

Anything higher than 17th is a bonus, yes, I said that, but a third of the season is not exactly a marker for what the table will look like after 38 games. And if we continue this poor run of home form, we won't get 17th.

:thup:

My old man would be perfect for the likes of SSN.

"This home form is unacceptable. We've got a couple of lucky wins away from home this year but to me the home form shows Hughton a lot of the time doesn't have the foggiest how to change things."

Beyond the fact he's an idiot, is there any truth in the claim Hughton doesn't know how to deal with things when they're going wrong? Or is that there simply aren't the players available to change it?

Guest neesy111

He'll be under pressure within a month, mainly because the crowd at SJP won't stand for this rubbish every week.

Yeap, and we have every right to be winning every game we participate in.  You'd be SkySports favourite fan ffs.

"This home form is unacceptable. We've got a couple of lucky wins away from home this year but to me the home form shows Hughton a lot of the time doesn't have the foggiest how to change things."

Beyond the fact he's an idiot, is there any truth in the claim Hughton doesn't know how to deal with things when they're going wrong? Or is that there simply aren't the players available to change it?

Well there isn't a plan B if that's what he's getting at. The playing in the second half today was terrible. It was just hit and hope.

Well there isn't a plan B if that's what he's getting at. The playing in the second half today was terrible. It was just hit and hope.

Bollocks. It wasn't great but no where near as bad as your making out.

We don't have the resources unfortunately. Aside from Carroll our strikers are poor at best. Right mid is a problem position and we have no creative talent now Ben Arfa is injured.

Yeap, and we have every right to be winning every game we participate in.  You'd be SkySports favourite fan ffs.

fucking hell man. We're not asking to win every game and be top of the league. Is it so hard to win at least ONE game from Stoke, Fulham, Blackburn, Blackpool and Wigan? We're not asking to be Champions League fucking winners.

Bollocks. It wasn't great but no where near as bad as your making out.

There was a period of 15 minutes where the defence just lobbed the ball forward, we had noone near the ball and the Fulham defence cleared back to us. It was bad.