The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Wally_McFool

Today was more than anything a show of just how weak our squad is rather than having anything to do with Hughton. That 11 would be lucky to win a game all year at this level. Just goes to show how badly we need new signings in January.

This....

Full strength first team is undoubtably strong enough to stop up comfortably.

Squad is still one of the weakest in the Prem though.

I love Hughton.

But just like he should be praised when we win, he should rightly be scrutinised when we lose. And I'm seeing the same mistakes made again and again. His hands are tied to an extent, but clearly Guthrie shouldn't play on the wing. The substitutions aren't getting any better. For his sake, lets hope we don't get worse with injuries/suspensions because Guthrie/Smith/Lovenkrands shouldn't be playing, especially together.

Really hope he turns things around.

I want to point out that i've come to respect and somewhat admire him over the last few months.

I get the distinct feeling that we've seen the beginning of the end today.

Thought the same today somehow.  :undecided:

Reminded me a bit of the 'begining of the end' under Roeder.

Again his delaying of the subs have kinda cost us somewhat.

:sadnod:

Another day when he made substitutions when it was already game over. We were never getting back into it at 3-1 with 25 mins to go.

But just like he should be praised when we win, he should rightly be scrutinised when we lose. And I'm seeing the same mistakes made again and again. His hands are tied to an extent, but clearly Guthrie shouldn't play on the wing. The substitutions aren't getting any better.

There. That should be all there is to say about today. Another result where bad decision making was added on top of any other selection problems we might have. Annoying.

We were absolutely shit for the first half and yet he didn't make any changes at half time. Guthrie kept drifting infield and didn't have a clue what he was doing. Took nearly 60 odd minutes before Routledge was sent to warm up.

Shambolic.

I want to point out that i've come to respect and somewhat admire him over the last few months.

I get the distinct feeling that we've seen the beginning of the end today.

Thought the same today somehow.  :undecided:

Reminded me a bit of the 'begining of the end' under Roeder.

Aye, it did feel a bit strange today like. Will be interesting what the post match interview is like.

Imagine man u got rid of fergie during his s*** patch, hughtons learning and his players have not carried out their end of the bargain today. Bad day which I'll put down to lack of experience

How is relevant at all? :lol: If that were the argument, no manager would ever get sacked :laugh:

Imagine man u got rid of fergie during his shit patch, hughtons learning and his players have not carried out their end of the bargain today. Bad day which I'll put down to lack of experience

I agree

Give Hughton decent players to work with and he'll do the business.

It's a shame more wasn't done in the summer to ship out some of the shite, but we can only hope some business can be done in Jan.

We had almost a full squad of players to choose from against Blackpool and Stoke. The excuses have got to stop.

Don't be silly man. He's brilliant when we win, unlucky/lack of options/lack of quality when we lose :thup:

Ok sack hughton hes s***, who's next on the never ending list of messiahs?? It's comical honest, have a go at ashley if anyone because he's the reason we havnt bolstered our squad with at least average PL players.

Sorry. Who says he should be sacked? Can't see it myself.

Ok sack hughton hes shit, who's next on the never ending list of messiahs?? It's comical honest, have a go at ashley if anyone because he's the reason we havnt bolstered our squad with at least average PL players.

Three posts up. O0

Ok sack hughton hes s***, who's next on the never ending list of messiahs?? It's comical honest, have a go at ashley if anyone because he's the reason we havnt bolstered our squad with at least average PL players.

So when people are saying the excuses haves to stop what exactly are they wanting? And apology from the bloke?

So when people are saying the excuses haves to stop what exactly are they wanting? And apology from the bloke?

THINGS TO IMPROVE. What do you expect? I'm not going to sit here and keep taking defeats against Blackburn and Bolton without comment.

Hmmm state the obvious sausage, if only we could play like Chelsea every week with players hardly fit to lace their boots, we just ain't good enough to win week after week, like every other team in the league

:lol: Go on, keep exaggerating it all.

Hmmm state the obvious sausage, if only we could play like Chelsea every week with players hardly fit to lace their boots, we just ain't good enough to win week after week, like every other team in the league

:lol: Go on, keep being unrealistic, love owt like that

Unrealistic? I'm not asking us to play like fucking Chelsea every week and if you bothered to actually fucking open your eyes you'd see it.

I don't think it's unrealistic to expect more than 2 points against Stoke, Blackpool, Wigan, Fulham, Blackburn and Bolton. If that's as good as we are, then we don't deserve to be in this league.

Ok calm down keyboard warrior don't cry

Those are undeniably bad results against teams who will be around us come end of the season but what's having a go at hughton going to do? We can't improve anymore with the same bunch of players because we only have a starting XI good enough for this league with some woeful squad players. The only way we are going to improve is by selling some shit and buying some capable players.... Ashley yes

Unrealistic? I'm not asking us to play like fucking Chelsea every week and if you bothered to actually fucking open your eyes you'd see it.

I don't think it's unrealistic to expect more than 2 points against Stoke, Blackpool, Wigan, Fulham, Blackburn and Bolton. If that's as good as we are, then we don't deserve to be in this league.

Well then you can argue that if we are good enough to get wins at Everton, Arsenal, a 6-0 and a 5-1 at home then that is also 'as good as we are'.

Hughton is doing as very, very good job imo. There were a lot of individual mistakes today and they cost us. Now he has to put up with the likes of Barton and Colo acting like complete clowns on top of that. The players were to blame today from what I can see. Hughton being the kind of guy he is will get a good response from them after this, I have no doubt about that.