The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I get the distinct feeling that we've seen the beginning of the end today.

It really is almost laughable that, like. It screams relegation.

Embarrassing.

So lets disregard our positive performances/results, because clearly the negative ones are a far better indicator of our potential as a side this season under Hughton yeah? For no reason other than you being afraid that thats the case. You couldnt be further from levelheaded atall.

If you can look at our results (especially our home results - which is mostly what JH posted) without being genuinely worried about going down, you either aren't a fan, or you aren't sane.

Apparently disregarding negative performances is alright, but disregarding positive ones is just about the most insane thing you can do.

Change the fucking record man.

Today was a brutal punsihment of the short comings of our squad. We lack depth, but then what promoted side doesn't? Without Tiote and Barton we were left with a limited midfield which got completely over run and throughly outplayed by an in form Premier League outfit, it was a bad day at the office. The most important thing is we show something in the way of s responce against Chelsea.

As far as the home form is concerned, we've struggled to break sides down but every man and his dog predicted that would be the case without a creative midfielder. While the Blackpool performance was completely unacceptable people seem to have forgotten Blackburn, Stoke and Fulham are established Premier League sides. While they have less quality in their squads than some the way they set up makes it more difficult for promoted, almost naive sides such as ourselves to turn them over. I honestly think we're more suited to playing likes of Everton, Spurs and Villa who will come out and have a go.

We've just come up, we'll hit form in dribs and drabs, we'll suffer hidings like today and it will be incredibly frustrating. However I'm still confident we'll pick up enough points to survive relegation come the end of the season.

Today was nothing at all to do with the manager? Fuck me.

I'm not the only one that needs to 'change the fucking record'. People consistently have excuses for poor performances - 'bad day at the office' - 'failed to break them down' - it's get fucking boring now.

Embarrassing.

So lets disregard our positive performances/results, because clearly the negative ones are a far better indicator of our potential as a side this season under Hughton yeah? For no reason other than you being afraid that thats the case. You couldnt be further from levelheaded atall.

If you can look at our results (especially our home results - which is mostly what JH posted) without being genuinely worried about going down, you either aren't a fan, or you aren't sane.

Apparently disregarding negative performances is alright, but disregarding positive ones is just about the most insane thing you can do.

Change the f***ing record man.

Today was a brutal punsihment of the short comings of our squad. We lack depth, but then what promoted side doesn't? Without Tiote and Barton we were left with a limited midfield which got completely over run and throughly outplayed by an in form Premier League outfit, it was a bad day at the office. The most important thing is we show something in the way of s responce against Chelsea.

As far as the home form is concerned, we've struggled to break sides down but every man and his dog predicted that would be the case without a creative midfielder. While the Blackpool performance was completely unacceptable people seem to have forgotten Blackburn, Stoke and Fulham are established Premier League sides. While they have less quality in their squads than some the way they set up makes it more difficult for promoted, almost naive sides such as ourselves to turn them over. I honestly think we're more suited to playing likes of Everton, Spurs and Villa who will come out and have a go.

We've just come up, we'll hit form in dribs and drabs, we'll suffer hidings like today and it will be incredibly frustrating. However I'm still confident we'll pick up enough points to survive relegation come the end of the season.

Today was nothing at all to do with the manager? f*** me.

Hughton didn't help himself but his hands were tied to an extent. Personally I'd of gone for Guthrie in the middle and Routledge out wide but other than that it was about as good as we could of hoped for. It was suicidal to play Smith, Nolan and Guthrie in the same side but he obviously feels Routledge isn't up to it.

I'm not the only one that needs to 'change the f***ing record'. People consistently have excuses for poor performances - 'bad day at the office' - 'failed to break them down' - it's get f***ing boring now.

Perhaps you need to lower your expectations.

I'm not the only one that needs to 'change the f***ing record'. People consistently have excuses for poor performances - 'bad day at the office' - 'failed to break them down' - it's get f***ing boring now.

Aye, I forgot I expect us to win every game and get the Champions League :rolleyes:

Aye, I forgot I expect us to win every game and get the Champions League :rolleyes:

Straw man-tastic.

Straw man-tastic.

The amount of times my opinion has been exagerrated like that in this thread is ridiculous.

We should be doing better against the so-called 'mediocre' teams - I'm not saying we should have won them all, but we should have at least won one. Now if that makes my expectations too high, then I guess my head is in the clouds.

Straw man-tastic.

The amount of times my opinion has been exagerrated like that in this thread is ridiculous.

We should be doing better against the so-called 'mediocre' teams - I'm not saying we should have won them all, but we should have at least won one. Now if that makes my expectations too high, then I guess my head is in the clouds.

...but exactly the same time your putting those offering a potential explanation for our form into a 'well we think this is good enough' bracket. It isn't good enough but I've already posted I think we'll pick up more points against more open sides. It's not the quality of the opposition we're struggling with it's the way they're setting up. You may not agree but we simply don't have enough cutting edge in the squad to deal with it.

Embarrassing.

Hughton didn't help himself but his hands were tied to an extent. Personally I'd of gone for Guthrie in the middle and Routledge out wide but other than that it was about as good as we could of hoped for. It was suicidal to play Smith, Nolan and Guthrie in the same side but he obviously feels Routledge isn't up to it.

Guthrie on the right didn't work last year in the Championship so he bought Routledge & improved the situation.

I can see absolutely no reason for Guthrie on the right to be the better option of the two against even better players in the Premier League, particularly when it's been obvious every time he's tried it this year as well.

Hughton's limited in the changes he can make by our squad, but the fact he refuses to make even the most obvious ones which are actually available is fucking infuriating.

We are so one dimensional and predictable, thats why home form has been s*** we cant break teams down because we dont have a PLAN B, hughton tactically is inept, doesnt know how to change the game, his substitutions are like for like always....there is a reason he hasnt been offered a contract HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH

We are 10th... and as for Hughton being tactically inept - that is probably the dumbest statement i have read in this thread.

Embarrassing.

Guthrie on the right didn't work last year in the Championship so he bought Routledge & improved the situation.

I can see absolutely no reason for Guthrie on the right to be the better option of the two against even better players in the Premier League, particularly when it's been obvious every time he's tried it this year as well.

Hughton's limited in the changes he can make by our squad, but the fact he refuses to make even the most obvious ones which are actually available is f***ing infuriating.

Aye, still can't help but feel a midfield of Guthrie and Nolan would of still been completely over run today, at least we'd of posed more of an attacking threat.

Got it wrong again today so he's going to get some flack, like it or not.

How many more times has Smith got to play like that before he's dropped for good? If he's going to play Carroll and Ameobi up top then why not stick Routledge on the wing to supply them and balance us up? Why consistently wait til the games all but gone before attempting to change it? Why not pick Campbell to go up against Davies just for this match and take Williamson out of the firing line? Why is Smith playing more than Vuckic? Other clubs (Villa springs to mind) have thrown kids in and let them get on with it.

He's a good guy and I keep reading how he's learning from his mistakes but the results/team selection/use of subs say otherwise. Looking at the next few fixtures we could well go into a bit of a tailspin and end up about 17th by Xmas. If that happens I think he'll lose his job.  :neutral:

Straw man-tastic.

Can you just clear something up? Are the clouds made of vanilla ice cream?

I apologise for getting personal but JH has zero idea about supporting the club I and many others love. He's a fucking imposter, the last type of man I'd side with when NUFC needs support.

Embarrassing.

Hughton's limited in the changes he can make by our squad, but the fact he refuses to make even the most obvious ones which are actually available is fucking infuriating.

It's a wierd one this Guthrie on the right lark.

I apologise for getting personal but JH has zero idea about supporting the club I and many others love. He's a f***ing imposter, the last type of man I'd side with when NUFC needs support.

How fucking dare you say something like that. What gives you the right to say that I don't love this club? Of course i support this club, I love this club. Otherwise I wouldn't be here right now.

I've got an opinion, I'm allowed an opinion, even you don't fucking agree with it. Doesn't mean I have 'zero clue' - I'm not an 'imposter' you fucking cunt.

You should edit the c word to "bastard" or something of that effect. They don't like the c word on here.

Other than that, I'm with JH on everyone being entitled to an opinon and that one's opinion on different things does not define the "level" of supportership.