The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I guess I'm the only one who didn't particularly disagree with what JH was saying? I just think he was getting increasingly het up about various comments and didn't articulate himself very well. He is bang right in saying to get 2 points from those much talked about 5 games at home is nothing short of woeful and that your away form is/was unlikely to continue hence the pressure is on you to improve your home form.

I suppose as a mod there comes a point where you can't just sit twiddling your thumbs when members start getting into foul mouthed slanging matches. On the football side of it, I still think our good results counter-balance the bad ones at this stage. We'd like to have done better but you can't just gloss over the fact Hughton has had little money to spend and as a result we will obviously find it hard to find cover when we lose players like Ben Arfa, Barton and Tiote.

they have, hence where we are in the table with the points we have. however i'd feel more comfortable if we'd got points in games where we thought we would as opposed to shock aways. which do you think is the more likely, we turn round our home form or the away games start going the way expected ?

I think our wins will come from the teams who can't cope with our front men tbh. I said before the Sunderland game I thought they'd have a hard time against Carroll and Ameobi, and on the other hand I thought Blackburn would cope easily due to their big CB's. On the defensive side, I don't think we'll always give teams a two goal start like we did today. Once you are chasing the game it changes the whole dynamic.

Guest neesy111

Sad to see JH banned, tbf I would not mind being banned myself at times.  Although I sound like a twat, I don't try to get personal with people, opinions are opinions and the world would be a worse place without them.

Tbf after today's result I'm more on JH view, we are masking problems from the wins over the unwashed and Arsenal.  We again in midfield have nothing to breakdown teams when we need it, and are looking very fragile defensively.

Hughton said he was happy with the transfer window, which means he's happy with the squad, if that's the case then i'm very worried.  The amount of inbalance in the squad which is leading to Guthrie playing RM.

Sad to see JH banned, tbf I would not mind being banned myself at times.  Although I sound like a t***, I don't try to get personal with people, opinions are opinions and the world would be a worse place without them.

Tbf after today's result I'm more on JH view, we are masking problems from the wins over the unwashed and Arsenal.  We again in midfield have nothing to breakdown teams when we need it, and are looking very fragile defensively.

Hughton said he was happy with the transfer window, which means he's happy with the squad, if that's the case then i'm very worried.  The amount of inbalance in the squad which is leading to Guthrie playing RM.

Did you think Hughton was going to come out and say that we'd had a bad window and that the squad was crap??  Especially if he knew that he wouldn't get any extra money as a result of saying that?  That would be stupidly counterproductive.

I don`t know if anyone else has picked up on this because I havn`t got time to read the whole thread but what I found disappointing was CH picking Colo and Williamson after watching them get out muscled and bullied against any physical team. How many times does it have to happen in a row for it to sink in. Its like he is afraid to change the team to suit the opposition.  I would have picked Steven Taylor and Sol Campball today. I said it before the match and was proved right.

I don`t know if anyone else has picked up on this because I havn`t got time to read the whole thread but what I found disappointing was CH picking Colo and Williamson after watching them get out muscled and bullied against any physical team. How many times does it have to happen in a row for it to sink in. Its like he is afraid to change the team to suit the opposition.  I would have picked Steven Taylor and Sol Campball today. I said it before the match and was proved right.

Well done you.  :thup:

As highly as I rate Colo as a player he has struggled against the more industrial type of centreforward recently  - Williamson has started to wilt a bit too which is also dissapointing - dropi n form? maybe but it might be a change is as good as a rest and Sol will do well  -  I wouldn't think he would stay fit for a prolonged period but you never know

Picking a combination that have never played together and who are both coming back from injury is a real gamble and probably wouldnt have worked either, albeit for different reasons.

The positive thing is that we can now see what Campbell can bring to the side. I think he could form a good unit with Williamson.

Johnnys been banned? I didn't want that. Tell him I drink in the Hotspur before every match. If he wants a chat and prove himself a man I'll be there. Frankly though I know the lads on here and off here who are real fans of NUFC and I've got little proof to suggest he's a genuine boy.

meaning ?

Im suggesting it's very easy to sit behind a keyboard and call someone a cunt. Would he have the guts to say it to my face? Of course he wouldn't.

Johnnys been banned? I didn't want that. Tell him I drink in the Hotspur before every match. If he wants a chat and prove himself a man I'll be there. Frankly though I know the lads on here and off here who are real fans of NUFC and I've got little proof to suggest he's a genuine boy.

meaning ?

Im suggesting it's very easy to sit behind a keyboard and call someone a c***. Would he have the guts to say it to my face? Of course he wouldn't.

Can you stop it already...you provoked him with an unnecessary personal attack, he responded foolishly and is now banned...end of story.

I disgaree with JHs stance on Hughton as he really seems to have an agenda (even when it was going really well last season suggesting after about 25 games in it was a fluke and would stop eventually) however that was low otter.

Obviously tensions were running high so I would put it down to that for both sides. It is a shame the lad was banned as despite our opinions on Hughton being polar opposites he is genuinely a top lad.

He did break the rules, he knew it and held his hands up but he really was pushed and given the mood at the time I am not sure many wouldn't have responded in exactly the same manner. Just hope he meant it when he said he could do with time away.

I disgaree with JHs stance on Hughton as he really seems to have an agenda (even when it was going really well last season suggesting after about 25 games in it was a fluke and would stop eventually) however that was low otter.

Obviously tensions were running high so I would put it down to that for both sides. It is a shame the lad was banned as despite our opinions on Hughton being polar opposites he is genuinely a top lad.

He did break the rules, he knew it and held his hands up but he really was pushed and given the mood at the time I am not sure many wouldn't have responded in exactly the same manner. Just hope he meant it when he said he could do with time away.

It's not as bad as telling him to come to the pub for a fight like, especially when he can't respond.

Guest elbee909

I'd have taken more offence at being called an 'impostor' etc. than being called a cunt.  Wrong person was banned in that sense.

I'd have taken more offence at being called an 'impostor' etc. than being called a c***.  Wrong person was banned in that sense.

Ya I'm with you, either that or at worst both should be banned. There's mitigation in courts, being provoked with a personal attack right after an embarrassing defeat should have been taken into account.

That's what PMs are for, but I agree with most of what JH has said.

There's certainly a prevailing attitude on here that attaches huge significance to 1-0 wins, but sticks it head firmly in the wet sand of low expectations when we perform terribly and lose.

That's what PMs are for, but I agree with most of what JH has said.

There's certainly a prevailing attitude on here that attaches huge significance to 1-0 wins, but sticks it head firmly in the wet sand of low expectations when we perform terribly and lose.

At the same time as saying everything will be fine & we'll be OK.