Sunday Sun banned from SJP and training ground

Dave

Assuming  this means the article is inaccurate, I don't have a problem with them banning the Sunday Sun from the club for it.  The local press shouldn't be shit stirring during the transfer window, it helps no one.

There would be no journalists at Press Conferences if club banned them for publishing inaccurate stories.

Should have just let it go. Tomorrow's chip wrappers and all that.

It's the all new 100% honest Newcastle United board. :lol:

Having been (rightly) hammered by the press for lying to the fans, there's a certain irony in the Sunday Sun printing something which misleads the fans.

How do you know the article was misleading?

I don't, that's why the very first word of my post was 'Assuming'

Assuming  this means the article is inaccurate, I don't have a problem with them banning the Sunday Sun from the club for it.  The local press shouldn't be shit stirring during the transfer window, it helps no one.

There would be no journalists at Press Conferences if club banned them for publishing inaccurate stories.

Having been (rightly) hammered by the press for lying to the fans, there's a certain irony in the Sunday Sun printing something which misleads the fans.

I didn't read that far back. :lol:

:lol:

The Sunday Sun should just run with a story saying what a bunch of c***s Ashley and Llambias are. Nothing inaccurate about that. :)

:lol: There's nothing more the club could do to them really.

Surprised this hasn't got a thread.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/articles/nufc-statement-sunday-sun-20100119_2240137_1937531

NUFC Statement - Sunday Sun

Following an article that appeared as a back page lead in the Sunday Sun on 10 January 2010, headlined 'Desert-ers Leave Toon', Newcastle United, having taken exception to the accuracy, tone, inference and content of the article, contacted the Sunday Sun to seek a full back page retraction of the said article in the following Sunday's paper (17 January).

The retraction was not forthcoming in the manner requested and as such the Club have banned the Sunday Sun, indefinitely, from St. James' Park and the Training Ground.

That was the one about Ashley and Llambias f***ing off to Vegas.

It's a completely pointless banning. They're in exactly the same room as the Chronicle and Journal and so will just send a reporter and say they're from there :lol:

That'll just get the Chron and Journal reporters banned too.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/articles/nufc-statement-sunday-sun-20100119_2240137_1937531

Following an article that appeared as a back page lead in the Sunday Sun on 10 January 2010, headlined 'Desert-ers Leave Toon', Newcastle United, having taken exception to the accuracy, tone, inference and content of the article, contacted the Sunday Sun to seek a full back page retraction of the said article in the following Sunday's paper (17 January).

The retraction was not forthcoming in the manner requested and as such the Club have banned the Sunday Sun, indefinitely, from St. James' Park and the Training Ground.

It's a completely pointless banning. They're in exactly the same room as the Chronicle and Journal and so will just send a reporter and say they're from there :lol:

That'll just get the Chron and Journal reporters banned too.

Having just read Ryder's ratings from last night, it won't adversely affect his ability to write his match reports.

Along with Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror & The People.

Guest Stephen927

Soon St James Park will be like Big Brother, ban the outside world and you're not allowed to talk about what you have seen before you went into the stadium.

So, the Sunday Sun usually has fuck all in it in anyway, which is weird how the Chronicle despite being it's sister paper gets better stories.

Most of the Sunday Sun's stories have been extended version of what is in the Sunday Mirror and bad reviews of a Saturday match or if the game hasn't been played, the fans view of what will happen.

Assuming  this means the article is inaccurate, I don't have a problem with them banning the Sunday Sun from the club for it.  The local press shouldn't be s*** stirring during the transfer window, it helps no one.

The follow-up piece that did go in the paper this Sunday just gone said the club (ie Llambias) told the paper (in the wake of the original piece) that Llambias HAD been in Vegas on holiday, while Ashley had also been away abroad.

So the paper's been banned, why?

Assuming this means the article is inaccurate, I don't have a problem with them banning the Sunday Sun from the club for it.  The local press shouldn't be shit stirring during the transfer window, it helps no one.

Hughton has been promised money to spend in January

Can't let misleading info like that get spread around or people will only complain when we sign noone.

..., but will have needed to confer with Newcastle’s top brass on whether to up his bid for Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford.

Also a misleading inference that Hughton has any say on transfer targets and actually gets to talk with Ashley or become involved in negotiations.

• If the article was inaccurrate why don't they sue?
  • Talking about suing, whatever happened to Ashley suing the Sun, as he promised he would, following the story last season about him partying into the early hours when Keegan was sacked?
  • So the stadium is still called St James' Park is it? Champion. I can't see anyone being enticed to buy the naming rights if even official statements don't refer to the commercial name though.
  • Newcastle United have NOT taken exception. Newcastle United is it's fans. Managers, players, chairmen and owners come and go but it's the same families that have been supporting the club and will keep supporting the club whoever holds those positions. I've not taken exception to anything about the article. I've not heard from any other supporter that took exception. What the statement should say is that Mike Ashley has taken exception. And not that the club have banned the Sunday Sun, but Mike Ashley has banned the Sunday Sun.
  • Are Dave Kidd and Alan Oliver still banned from the stadium as reported last year? There'll be more reporters banned than welcome at St James' soon.
  • If the Sunday Sun is banned does that mean I'm not allowed to take my Sunday paper of choice to the match any more?
  • I've taken exception to the accuracy, tone, inference and content of almost every statement that has come out of the club since Derek Llambias got involved. Can I expect to see a full page retraction of those on the official website or in the program?

• [/drivel]

It's getting a bit predictable now HF, you're better than this.

I attempted to reply to each 'point' but I'm literally flabbergasted that someone as intelligent as yourself has been reduced to typing these...'views' out  :kinnear:

• [/drivel]

I write a blog dedicated to pulling apart every word the club say.

Of course it's predictable.  :lol:

- You have to wonder why, has life become that empty for you?

- Predictable in the sense that you rise to every single thing the club 'say', irrespective of the damage it does to your credibility (and your blog's).

By all means, ask the questions that need to be asked, just leave out the stupid ones.

•If the Sunday Sun is banned does that mean I'm not allowed to take my Sunday paper of choice to the match any more?

• [/drivel]

I attempted to reply to each 'point' but I'm literally flabbergasted that someone as intelligent as yourself has been reduced to typing these...'views' out  :kinnear:

Most of them are points made by other people across forums already this morning.

By all means, ask the questions that need to be asked, just leave out the stupid ones.

•If the Sunday Sun is banned does that mean I'm not allowed to take my Sunday paper of choice to the match any more?

My keyboard doesn't have a sarc mark.

I wonder if you see the irony of posting a comment like this on a football forum at this hour of the day in all seriousness.

- Predictable in the sense that you rise to every single thing the club 'say', irrespective of the damage it does to your credibility (and your blog's).

Do you know what the word compendium means?

Surely the credibility of a compendium would be more damaged by leaving stuff out.  :lol:

I wonder if you see the irony of posting a comment like this on a football forum at this hour of the day in all seriousness.

Surely the credibility of a compendium would be more damaged by leaving stuff out.  :lol:

Sorry, I didn't realise you were seeking to profit from this situation. My mistake.

As for your comment about 'irony' - I think you've got your time zones mixed up.

Sorry, I didn't realise you were seeking to profit from this situation. My mistake.

You've lost me.

As for your comment about 'irony' - I think you've got your time zones mixed up.

That comment works at ANY time of day mate.  You're on a football forum dragging out an argument over the the validity of a blog post.  But your life is somehow less empty?