Sunday Sun banned from SJP and training ground

Dave

Farrington and a few others would find it pretty tough if they had to get off their lazy arses and provide genuine and honest material for their readers.

Much easier just to stick to the "print now apologise later" policy which allows them to write anything, whether researched or not.

They treat their readers like gullible monkeys.

What makes this even more baffling is the Sunday Sun did print a 'retraction' of sorts in a later edition, which was basically a small piece about the club confirming both Ashley and Llambias were actually away when the Sunday Sun said they were.

Ashley and Llambias must be on the blob. They're in full blown "It's not what you said, it's the way you said it" mode :lol:

Farrington and a few others would find it pretty tough if they had to get off their lazy arses and provide genuine and honest material for their readers.

Much easier just to stick to the "print now apologise later" policy which allows them to write anything, whether researched or not.

Fuck off you daft cunt, this story was actually true.

I do remember you posting after you read it.

f*** off you daft c***, this story was actually true.

It was more a general comment about the state of the nation's press which you'd have understood if you'd read it properly.

Not the brightest spark are you ?

f*** off you daft c***, this story was actually true.

It was more a general comment about the state of the nation's press which you'd have understood if you'd read it properly.

Not the brightest spark are you ?

Probably would have avoided confusion if you'd made the point about an article that warranted an apology then  O0

I wish we could rely on our local press to give us accurate info in the 1st place. One week the Sunday Sun make out that they're bringing us this sensational story, and it's plastered on their bill-boards and back page. Then, the following Sunday, they print this tiny piece saying it was all b****cks after all.

I'm by no means an Ashley fan, the sooner he goes the better, but considering he's already under pressure from the fans, it's hardly surprising he's unhappy at an attempt to nail him for something he hasn't done.

I'm more disappointed at the failings of the local press than i am at the clubs reaction. I mean is there now any point in buying the Sunday Sun when they've put themselves in a position whereby they are unable to bring me any news on my club?

I wish we could rely on our local press to give us accurate info in the 1st place. One week the Sunday Sun make out that they're bringing us this sensational story, and it's plastered on their bill-boards and back page. Then, the following Sunday, they print this tiny piece saying it was all b****cks after all.

I'm by no means an Ashley fan, the sooner he goes the better, but considering he's already under pressure from the fans, it's hardly surprising he's unhappy at an attempt to nail him for something he hasn't done.

I'm more disappointed at the failings of the local press than i am at the clubs reaction. I mean is there now any point in buying the Sunday Sun when they've put themselves in a position whereby they are unable to bring me any news on my club?

Er, the follow-up piece confirmed Llambias WAS in Vegas and Ashley was also on holiday. So how was it "all b*****cks"?

Er, the follow-up piece confirmed Llambias WAS in Vegas and Ashley was also on holiday. So how was it "all b*****cks"?

very rarely do the press print outright lies, it's the inference that does the damage. they were in vegas, a phone call away, so why is it worth a back page,full page spread ?.

Granted, they WERE abroad, but by the Sunday Suns own admission, the story was incorrect. If they cant print the truth when they have access to SJP and the training ground, there's even less chance of them getting it right now.

Llambias WAS in Vegas - on holiday. Ashley may well have been too - or do you swallow everything this mob of self-confessed liars (NUFC - not the press) throw at you?

So the club always lie, and the Sunday Sun always get it right even though they've admitted the story was incorrect?

Guest Chris P

Assuming  this means the article is inaccurate, I don't have a problem with them banning the Sunday Sun from the club for it.  The local press shouldn't be s*** stirring during the transfer window, it helps no one.

There would be no journalists at Press Conferences if club banned them for publishing inaccurate stories.

Should have just let it go. Tomorrow's chip wrappers and all that.

It's the all new 100% honest Newcastle United board. :lol:

Having been (rightly) hammered by the press for lying to the fans, there's a certain irony in the Sunday Sun printing something which misleads the fans.

How do you know the article was misleading?

I don't, that's why the very first word of my post was 'Assuming'

I didn't read that far back. :lol:

:lol:

whats the problem with a couple of lads gannin over to vegas and getting some poker in , like

Llambias WAS in Vegas - on holiday. Ashley may well have been too - or do you swallow everything this mob of self-confessed liars (NUFC - not the press) throw at you?

So the club always lie, and the Sunday Sun always get it right even though they've admitted the story was incorrect?

No, they don't always get it right, but they haven't admitted the story was wrong.

It seems to me what's happened is that they knew Llambias was on holiday in Vegas and that Ashley was out of the country, and they incorrectly put 2 and 2 together and assumed Ashley was in Vegas too when he was actually somewhere else abroad. They got some of the facts wrong, but the main point of the article that the two of them were off on their jollies in the middle of the transfer window is still valid. The club isn't banning them for the crime of getting Ashley's holiday destination wrong, it's banning them because they printed a story they didn't like which put them in a bad light.

I don't see how anyone can say it isn't newsworthy that the top two men at the club jetting off on holiday in the middle of the transfer window while the manager is coming out with stuff like:

"In the ideal scenario you do your business as quickly as possible, but in most cases it doesn't tend to happen that way. That's the frustration this window brings.

"We'd rather do it nice and early, know what we have and go on from there, but that hasn't been the case.

If the local papers knew about stuff like this and just kept it to themselves they'd rightly be accused of covering up for the club to keep in with them. Oliver was vilified by most people on this board, probably including some of the people moaning about this article, because he didn't write about how crap Shepherd was in every article he wrote.

It's up to the individual reader to decide whether they think it's important or not, and you can argue about the tone of the article if you like although it's really not that bad, but of course it's newsworthy, and of course the paper should print it.