Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

"This is a dream move for me, and I can't wait to make my debut at St James's Park," said the 26-year-old. "The fans here are incredible, and now I just want to go out and do my best for them.

"It's a great move for me, and I just want to get on with the challenge of promotion."

Boss Chris Hughton said: "I've spoken to Mike, and he's delighted to be here. He's desperate to make his debut tonight, and hopefully the deal is finalised by then."

Meanwhile, Birmingham City manager Alex McLeish has confirmed United's interest in the club's Ashington-born defender Martin Taylor.

McLeish said: "Newcastle approached his people and said they would be interested in a loan deal – they've certainly declared an interest."

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/nufc/Newcastle-new-boy-Williamson-itching.6018546.jp

:thup:

Meanwhile, Birmingham City manager Alex McLeish has confirmed United's interest in the club's Ashington-born defender Martin Taylor.

McLeish said: "Newcastle approached his people and said they would be interested in a loan deal – they've certainly declared an interest."

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/nufc/Newcastle-new-boy-Williamson-itching.6018546.jp

I dont really rate Martin Taylor but I think a loan deal wouldnt be so bad until the end of the season. Another body for the squad. [\cliche-tastic]

I dont really rate Martin Taylor but I think a loan deal wouldnt be so bad until the end of the season. Another body for the squad. [\cliche-tastic]

he'd do

Guest icemanblue

It'll be a formality in order to allow him to play tonight. The deal will be agreed for us to take him permanently. It'll just take a bit of time, what with Pompey being run by arab gypos.

If he starts tonight it kinda makes a mockery of those who claim you need a load of first team appearances before being fit enough.

Having said that, knowing our luck he'll tear his hamstring.

If he starts tonight it kinda makes a mockery of those who claim you need a load of first team appearances before being fit enough.

I just hope he's not dogshit after all this

Correct, do you know whether he has been training with us over the last couple of days? You would hope that we have gained permission to have the guy training with the squad.

He'll have to have a very good game to come out of it well.

Being dropped in next to Colo with no understanding of eachother wont be an easy start.

You could argue that he's; being dropped into the best defence in the league, alongside one of the best defenders in the league, against a depleated Palace side... at home.

He'll have to have a very good game to come out of it well.

Being dropped in next to Colo with no understanding of eachother wont be an easy start.

You could argue that he's; being dropped into the best defence in the league, alongside one of the best defenders in the league, against a depleated Palace side... at home.

ie if he doesnt do well tonight send him back

It hasnt been one of the best defences in the league recently.

Colo is a good defender, but he's hardly a commanding centre back. So Williamson will not only have to have a good game, but likely take charge of several situations.

It hasnt been one of the best defences in the league recently.

Colo is a good defender, but he's hardly a commanding centre back. So Williamson will not only have to have a good game, but likely take charge of several situations.

he is a big lad so could be the commanding cb colo needs