Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

• 2 weeks later...

Williamson Set For Early Return

By Craig Hope

MIKE Williamson could be set to ease Chris Hughton's defensive worries by making an early return from injury.

The centre-back had been ruled out for up to four weeks having broken a bone in his hand during an accident at home earlier this month.

But Williamson could now figure as early as Tuesday's game at Doncaster Rovers thanks to the use of a protective cast.

And boss Hughton, who saw Fitz Hall pick up a hamstring injury during Saturday's 2-2 draw at Bristol City, explained: "Mike is very close.

"We were hoping to have him for Saturday's game at Bristol City for the bench.

"He wasn't quite ready for that but we're hoping to have him available for Doncaster.

"He was been given clearance to play with a cast but we'll have to see how it feels ahead of Tuesday, although he is very close.

By the looks of it, he's been pretty good for you. Premiership standard?

He's no worse than some of the defenders currently playing Premier League football evey week. He's not superb but he'll do for the time being. Sort of a tall Andy O'Brien. He'll do ok.  

He's more or less the same height as O'brien, but he certainly seems to control a football better (ie once in a while).

He's no worse than some of the defenders currently playing Premier League football evey week. He's not superb but he'll do for the time being. Sort of a tall Andy O'Brien. He'll do ok.  

He's more or less the same height as O'brien, but he certainly seems to control a football better (ie once in a while).

O'Brien could trap a ball with his face better though.  ;D

O'Brien could trap a ball with his face better though.  ;D

:lol:

By Craig Hope

MIKE Williamson could be set to ease Chris Hughton's defensive worries by making an early return from injury.

The centre-back had been ruled out for up to four weeks having broken a bone in his hand during an accident at home earlier this month.

But Williamson could now figure as early as Tuesday's game at Doncaster Rovers thanks to the use of a protective cast.

And boss Hughton, who saw Fitz Hall pick up a hamstring injury during Saturday's 2-2 draw at Bristol City, explained: "Mike is very close.

"He wasn't quite ready for that but we're hoping to have him available for Doncaster.

"He was been given clearance to play with a cast but we'll have to see how it feels ahead of Tuesday, although he is very close.

It's funny that they didn't think of this in the first place.

By Craig Hope

It's funny that they didn't think of this in the first place.

Not really - it depends on the amount of swelling and how well the blood is circulating around the bone.

They gave a worst case scenario and the prognosis improved. I imagine once they were able to determine the extent of the injury.

Better than saying back next week for 10 weeks a la Dyer, Owen, Barton, Moore, etc...

Outstanding last night. Really think the defence we have is premier league quality. Could be in the England squad if he keeps his form up in the Premier league.

Also, had a dream him and his family moved in opposite me , i couldn't describe how happy i was.

Outstanding last night. Really think the defence we have is premier league quality. Could be in the England squad if he keeps his form up in the Premier league.

Also, had a dream him and his family moved in opposite me , i couldn't describe how happy i was.

Williamson moving to Fenham...love it :lol:

Hey, i'll have you know where i live it is very nice. David Rozenhal lived in my street while he was here and so did Ameobi's family. So  :thefinger:

Hey, i'll have you where i live it is very nice. David Rozenhal lived in my street while he was here and so did Ameobi's family. So  :thefinger:

Just imagine bumping into him at Wingrove chippy.

"who's a naughty boy Mike...what happened to the professional sportsman's diet eh?" :nope:

I'll be quite upset if Taylor is put in ahead of him next season, because he is definitely a better centre back.

Sees things very early and is always in good positions. Is very calm and good on the ball. Is an absolute colossus dealing with aerial balls.

Really hope Taylor is moved to right back, where he really looked a much better player anyway.

He's slow and doesn't deal well with crosses below head height but apart from that he's been absolutely solid as a rock. Him and Coloccini are quality together.

I think that's the key. While Coloccini and Taylor did ok this season, last season they didn't look at all comfortable together compared to when Colo partnered Bassong.