Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest neesy111

Quite possibly the best of a bad bunch.

Not according to madras who thought he was worse than Taylor. :idiot2:

:lol:  He was our best player with a solid margin imo. He looks better for each game...

where do i say anyone was worse than anyone else, truth is i thought everyone done ok except for colo, for whom the game seemed to pass by without making any mistakes.

think on it, taylor seemed to be marking bent, bent had a very quiet game. most of defending is getting into positions where the oppo doesn't want to pass to the bloke you're marking because the risk of losing the ball is too great due to the player being well marked and that doesn't mean standing on his toes type of defending. someone said something about williamson winning everything in the air....and so he should with it all being down the middle against bent,agbonlahor and young. on the subject of agbonlahor, didn't he get in the gap between centre halves and simpson a few times and was allowed to run on for a while, you'd expect the 'spare' centre half to cover that, we didn't and on one occasion the spare centre half was trying to cover the pass inside allowing him a free shot at goal which harper saved.

taylor had a decent game and kept one of the best 'fox in the box' type forwards very quiet, sorry if it wasn't spectacular enough to earn plaudits, unfortunatly for some, good defending has to be spectacular to be recognised.

I have to say that Williamson has been a brilliant catch for the club. We turned our back on large transfer fees and stupid wages and we were rewarded with a player like Williamson. He has performed relatively well since we signed him and has certainly repaid the fee which we paid to Pompey. Compared to some of the centre backs at our rival clubs, Willi is miles apart and I'm sure that his partnership with Colo can keep us tight at the back for seasons to come.

I have to say that Williamson has been a brilliant catch for the club. We turned our back on large transfer fees and stupid wages and we were rewarded with a player like Williamson. He has performed relatively well since we signed him and has certainly repaid the fee which we paid to Pompey. Compared to some of the centre backs at our rival clubs, Willi is miles apart and I'm sure that his partnership with Colo can keep us tight at the back for seasons to come.

Yep, it's one of the best signings we've made for years.

:thup: Really really rate him.

Their CB partnership is as much about him as it is about Colo. It's balanced, it's simple and it works well. Which makes yesterday's decision all the more insane.

There's no doubting he's represented brilliant value-for-money. I'd still be looking at replacing him as a starter in the summer, though.

In an ideal world.  But I can't see us bringing in more than 6 players if Enrique goes.

2x strikers, 1x LB, 1x RW, 1x back-up RB, 1 back-up CB to replace Campbell would be greater priorities than replacing Williamson, surely.

Not saying we don't eventually need better, but I'd have thought he'd do until the next summer.

If we've got any ambitions of Europe etc, we'll be looking to bring in a genuine quality partner for Colo. I'd be annoyed if we weren't atleast in the market for a centre-back.

Rather have a couple of promising 18-22 y.o. centrebacks, maybe one from the lower leagues and one from abroad. Stick them in the 'developmental squad' and have them as back up for the main trio (Colo, Williamson, Taylor) along with Tavernier, Kadar (if ever fit) and James Perch (:fishing:)

Presume Tozer isn't going to be good enough?

If we've got any ambitions of Europe etc, we'll be looking to bring in a genuine quality partner for Colo. I'd be annoyed if we weren't atleast in the market for a centre-back.

Presume Tozer isn't going to be good enough?

Injury ruined him, supposedly.

I think we played champions league with Bramble if my memory serve me right. Williamson is 100% better player than Bramble. It is better if we spend the money in another positions. Buying quick players will help us to the great deal.

I don't think we will be in the market for a CB this summer.

Handing Williamson and Saylor five-year contracts, indicative.

I don't think we need to be looking at that until the following Summer. I think he's fine for next season.