Will Ashley find a buyer for NUFC?

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Someone like Randy Lerner at Villa would be so perfect, really seems to have gone about everything the right way.

How many are there like him though? I'd say there's a far bigger likelihood we end up with owners like Hicks or the Glazers.

I reckon we will, in two season's time. When we've subsequentially been relegated from the Premier League for a second time. He'll stick it on the market for tuppence and someone will come along with a pity bid, and we'll sell.

Someone like Randy Lerner at Villa would be so perfect, really seems to have gone about everything the right way.

How many are there like him though? I'd say there's a far bigger likelihood we end up with owners like Hicks or the Glazers.

Oh I know it won't happen. Just saying, would be perfect if it did.

Oh I know it won't happen. Just saying, would be perfect if it did.

There is no way that NUFC would attract someone like the Glazers or Hicks. Those clowns bought MUFC and LFC because they smelled the cash coming in from international marketing. They aren't remotely interested in football, just the sale of replica football kits. Their type wouldn't touch us with a ten foot pole. Thank God.

He WILL find buyers no doubt about that its just that he will fk up any chance of a sale as he is an utter c***.

What's to say one of those dodgy Portsmouth owners weren't try to buy us last summer? Or the Notts County people? Can you even imagine how screwed we might have been then?!

Let's just be greatful I say!

Hard to see where a really wealthy new owner, interested in moving the club forward, is coming from.

Even the Hammers managed to find people willing to pay over 100m for them - even if those people have a somewhat shady past career, and WHU are a smaller club than NUFC .

One has to assume that their London base has given them an edge and that is something NUFC can do nothing about. Unless someone with a local connection, or a Randy Lerner type is found, it will be difficult to find a buyer willing to pay Ashley's price.

Unless we fine a wealthy benefactor a al Man City it will depends on price - I don't think anybody looking to run it as a business will touch us at £100/£80m equity price plus overdraft plus investment in squad required.

Load of bollocks. Theres plenty of middle eastern suitors if we reach the premiership, its not pc at present for some of the richer sheiks to be investing outside of the country when they are trying to renage on their credit agreements. They renage because everyone else is doing it, if your rivals werent paying billions back to banks would you?

The impact of Man city has a negative impact here, i.e they want to be bigger and better, they want the biggest crowds, the best stadium, they want to be loved but most of all envied. Outside of the top four we are the obvious choice if we reach the premiership this term. Im biased I know but we have everything they would want, however whether Mike will be realistic in his selling price is an unknown.

I said when Portsmouth were being taken over by a middle eastern "consortium", it meant they were potless. No truly rich arab needs a consortium, we just need to find a way of getting to the premiership the rest will take care of itself.

Just another way of media knocking NUFC when were top of the championship despite their negative press, we dont need to be encouraging this bullshit...

There rant over.

Load of bollocks. Theres plenty of middle eastern suitors if we reach the premiership, its not pc at present for some of the richer sheiks to be investing outside of the country when they are trying to renage on their credit agreements. They renage because everyone else is doing it, if your rivals werent paying billions back to banks would you?

The impact of Man city has a negative impact here, i.e they want to be bigger and better, they want the biggest crowds, the best stadium, they want to be loved but most of all envied. Outside of the top four we are the obvious choice if we reach the premiership this term. Im biased I know but we have everything they would want, however whether Mike will be realistic in his selling price is an unknown.

I said when Portsmouth were being taken over by a middle eastern "consortium", it meant they were potless. No truly rich arab needs a consortium, we just need to find a way of getting to the premiership the rest will take care of itself.

Just another way of media knocking NUFC when were top of the championship despite their negative press, we dont need to be encouraging this bullshit...

There rant over.

I don't share your enthusiasm. Middle eastern investors would rather throw money at a London club if possible, I don't think Newcastle have much of a profile in the arab world these days. If they do have any knowledge of the club I doubt they've missed the unpopularity of Ashley either. Not sure we're as attractive a proposition as you think.

If the club returns to the prem it will be in its best financial condition for a long time. We will still have a few top earners that are being paid well beyond their talents, Smith, Barton & Colo mainly, get rid of the and the club will start good profit if they stay up.

That's got to appeal to someone.

There rant over.

I don't share your enthusiasm. Middle eastern investors would rather throw money at a London club if possible, I don't think Newcastle have much of a profile in the arab world these days. If they do have any knowledge of the club I doubt they've missed the unpopularity of Ashley either. Not sure we're as attractive a proposition as you think.

Totally agree - the world has changed irrevocably now and outside of London, Manchester or Liverpool , teams are seen as insignificant - INCLUDING NUFC..

The club has not won a domestic trophy for 55 years and Middle Eastern potential investors have bigger fish to fry. Also, top players want to play in the CL clubs unless, like Shearer, they are from the NE.

Daydreaming about our 'huge crowds, massive potential' is a throwback to the 90s - we had our chance then and blew it. As for the finance, even the Arabs are struggling - look at how Dubai had to re-name the Burj to the Burj-al-Khalifa because Abu Dhabi were bailing them out - to a point.....

The best hope the club has for the future is that the UEFA rules on indebtedness are introduced together with the limit on number of foreigners in a junior side.

Failing that, the future will consist of being a yo-yo club or making up the numbers in the Prem.

When Supermac was sold to Arsenal in 1976, there was a joke told - seemingly, a Newcastle tailor gave him a roll of cloth as a farewell present to make a suit.

When Macdonald got to London, he went to Saville Row to get the suit made...the tailor he spoke to said' Oh yes, I can make you a suit alright - not just that, but I can make you 3 suits and a waistcoat from this roll of cloth'

Macdonald was incredulous ; 'But the tailor in Newcastle told me there was only enough for a suit'

The London tailor replied ' Yes - but you were a lot BIGGER UP THERE THAN YOU ARE DOWN HERE !!!'.....

That sums up how outside investors see NUFC compared to the view of many fans - this is the real world now, even more so than in was in 1976....