"GET OUT OF Man Utd/Liverpool/Newcastle/Portsmouth"

Thespence
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

benitez' transfer dealings have been abysmal other than a couple of no-risk ones like Torres. he's sold players eg crouch and bellamy that he should have kept and bought in some dross. can't blame the board.

The more important question is in all these cases is who is going to take over. If there's no better alternative, then the 'get out' brigades aren't being constructive and are more likely to be doing harm. So it depends on if the current owners are blocking better alternatives for their own ends.

There are as many opportunists as saviours out there, and it's not always easy to tell the difference.

benitez' transfer dealings have been abysmal other than a couple of no-risk ones like Torres. he's sold players eg crouch and bellamy that he should have kept and bought in some dross. can't blame the board.

I think Benitez is rubbish in the transfer market but you have to give him credit re: Torres.

At £20m it was a definite risk since, despite the hype, he'd never been that prolific even in Spain. So him coming to a more physical league and doing way better than he ever did for Atletico was a gamble that paid off.

I voted for Pompey btw. Ashley has done a bad job and played a big part in you going down but at least he stabilised the finances which weren't looking too clever. Portsmouth might not even exist soon.

Guest WashyGeordie

All of the above

Id rather football used to be like it was years ago without all these owners. Ashtley is a disaster for us, we will get promoted and he will f*** up just as much as last year. Portsmouth, well yes i do feel sorry for them, amazing how every club Harry has a few years managing, they end up skint (ortsmouth, southamton, west ham, bourmouth). And as for Liverpool and Manchester united, how can someone buy a club, for so many hundred million, pay for it with a loan, and then say the clubs owe the banks that money. Basically they bought the clubs for nothing. Atleast Liverpool fans have been protesting for years, amazing how Manchester united have just started, now that all these storys have come out, about how much they really owe.

But yes, i want all clubs to be succsesful in getting rid of there corrupt owners.

Man Yoo have been protesting for longer than just now though...?  :dowie:

Football club finances are like condoms really.

Stretched to the limit with glory at the end for some. However Portsmouth have stretched too far to make themselves seem bigger than they are, and the condom has split out, spilling all into an STD pit. Mike Ashley has a small willy, so the condom isn't stretched enough and there is certainly no glory at the moment. Liverpool need a new condom very soon or things will get messy there. Man Utd could probably do with a new condom too, but doesn't matter so much as Fergie has shown that you can win with kids.

I think Benitez is rubbish in the transfer market but you have to give him credit re: Torres.

At £20m it was a definite risk since, despite the hype, he'd never been that prolific even in Spain. So him coming to a more physical league and doing way better than he ever did for Atletico was a gamble that paid off.

I voted for Pompey btw. Ashley has done a bad job and played a big part in you going down but at least he stabilised the finances which weren't looking too clever. Portsmouth might not even exist soon.

Benítez made a name for himself buying dross and making them perform like world class. Seems that touch has abandoned him. I think that most modern clubs have already adopted many of his "innovations" that weren't that common (at least in Spain) in the early 2000s (carefully planned rotations, prozone and similar analysis of performance) so he doesn't have that edge anymore.

Football club finances are like condoms really.

Stretched to the limit with glory at the end for some. However Portsmouth have stretched too far to make themselves seem bigger than they are, and the condom has split out, spilling all into an STD pit. Mike Ashley has a small willy, so the condom isn't stretched enough and there is certainly no glory at the moment. Liverpool need a new condom very soon or things will get messy there. Man Utd could probably do with a new condom too, but doesn't matter so much as Fergie has shown that you can win with kids.

:lol: Jesus Christ!