Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

He was pretty dire at Spurs & Stevenage in two of his last games for us so I won't shed many tears over him not being available tbh. A training cone could contribute the same amount he did those two games.

If we sold every player who had been poor in those games we wouldn't be able to fulfil our remaining fixtures.

If had just been those two games fair enough.

If had just been those two games fair enough.

I think he could become a decent winger with the right coaching and he's proven while here that he can do a job, for some reason he hasn't made the step up this season and a lack of games can't have helped him.

No but I don't think it's the end of the world getting him off the payroll and not replacing him.

It is when Gosling has suffered an injury setback, R.Taylor, HBA and Smith are all out long term, Guthrie has lost all form and Tiote keeps getting suspended. Bar Nolan, Jonas and Barton we have nobody else.

Let's see what happens the next 10 days eh?

I think that's the key. Routledge is a waste of space for me but I can only assume he was allowed to leave to accommodate the wages of an incoming player. If not then it's obvious Ashley is back in Russian roulette mode.

He had probably the best coach of wingers and crossers of a ball there is at Villa. Milner & Young improved under Robertson & O'Neill, Routledge has stood still for years.

Routledge was only at Villa for less than a year and only played twice, that's hardly giving him a chance to prove anything.

He had probably the best coach of wingers and crossers of a ball there is at Villa. Milner & Young improved under Robertson & O'Neill, Routledge has stood still for years.

Routledge was only at Villa for less than a year and only played twice, that's hardly giving him a chance to prove anything.

He was at Spurs for a couple of years too and did nowt though as well?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'm a bit concerned about this to be honest.  Radio tonight said Nolan had been sent home with illness, so I'm not really sure who we have in midfield for tomorrow, other than Barton, Guthrie and Jonas.

Who else have we actually got? :lol:

I'm a bit concerned about this to be honest.  Radio tonight said Nolan had been sent home with illness, so I'm not really sure who we have in midfield for tomorrow, other than Barton, Guthrie and Jonas.

Haha, yeah, we don't have any other first-team midfielders.

Which is why this is so ridiculous.

I'm a bit concerned about this to be honest.  Radio tonight said Nolan had been sent home with illness, so I'm not really sure who we have in midfield for tomorrow, other than Barton, Guthrie and Jonas.

According to Wiki

- Kazenga Lua Lua (on loan?)

- Harris Vuckic

- Shane Ferguson

- Ryan Donaldson

- Bradden Inman (who?????)

He played 5 games at Spurs and that was spread over a 3 or 4 year period in which he was loaned out twice.  His assists record for us last season, which is more relevant than when he was 19 or 20 years old is one in almost every two games.

Inman was born in Australia to an English father, Dave,[1] and a Scottish mother, Lorraine,[1] as the youngest of four children. He began playing soccer at six years old. Inman played for the youth team of the Modbury Jets where he captained the side for two years. His coach said Inman was "an attacking architect, a workaholic in the midfield and [that he] has excellent vision."[2]

Displayed phenomenal form last season, but no-one in the squad has tailed off and failed to make the step-up as clearly as this guy. Really big shame cos the ability is proven to be there.

Not bothered about the fact we're losing him but i see a loan as a little pointless. Hopefully there'll be a sell-on clause.

He played 5 games at Spurs and that was spread over a 3 or 4 year period in which he was loaned out twice.  His assists record for us last season, which is more relevant than when he was 19 or 20 years old is one in almost every two games.

In the Championship aye. This season, just under 1000 minutes played, 1 assist.

So, if Nolan is out of the running for tomorrow, how would you line up in midfield, and who would you have on the bench to come on in midfield and make an impact?

So, if Nolan is out of the running for tomorrow, how would you line up in midfield, and who would you have on the bench to come on in midfield and make an impact?

Only option I can think is to put Shane Ferguson in there somewhere and hope for the best.

Just shows how weak our squad is really.

I think you could put Ranger on the right, or Ferguson left and Jonas right, and it wouldn't have any different outcome to the way the game goes than if Routledge played.

When you look at the midfielders Spurs have it just shows the gap between us and them.

Gareth Baile

Tom Huddlestone

Aaron Lennon

Jermaine Jenas

Rafael Van Der Vart

Wilson Palacios

Luka Modric

Niko Krankjar

Jamie O'Hara

Stephen Pienar

All but two would walk into our squad I reckon.