Newcastle United 2 - 0 Crystal Palace - 27/01/10 - Post match reaction from p19

Dave

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

Good Result. Shit performance.  Worried for saturday,  No Loven, Shola, Jose, Jonas, Taylor, Simpson  :(

Tonight was one of those games where the performance didn't matter - we just needed three points to get back to winning ways, and we did it.

Good stuff, nice to see that the two new lads are playing well too.

The two new lads got us three crucial points as it turned out.

ground out another difficult win. we were poor but bear in mind we were playing with a back four of kadar colo williamson pancrate for much of the game. sounds like a good debut a centre back (a difficult position) and anotherr clean sheet without simpson taylor and enrique. lets just hope we can start playing more convincingly and that these injuries arent serious.

Are you all happy now?

We won 2-0, I'd take that any day, yes she should be playing better in alot of games, but we still won and theirs no reason for those of you who complained allthe way through the game like we were losing and not playing well.

Fucking hell injuries, typical. Pleased with Routledge and Williamson. Routledge needs to be played in his natural position though tbh, at one point wasn't he playing Nolan's?

I don't think Hughton intends to play him there, just with the way things turned out tonight what with injuries and that, he ended up playing all over the place.

Are you all happy now?

We won 2-0, I'd take that any day, yes she should be playing better in alot of games, but we still won and theirs no reason for those of you who complained allthe way through the game like we were losing and not playing well.

We weren't playing well for the most part

Are you all happy now?

:kinnear:

Winning because of an own goal. In any case, whether you're winning or not doesn't have any relevance to a performance. We've proved time and time again this year that it's possible to play gash and win. Doesn't mean we should be happy about it.

Are you all happy now?

Its normal to complain about poor performances, winning does hide that. Nolan was absolute dogshite, the win doesnt change it. Most of the criticism was correct, palace had several chances to take the lead against us which isnt really acceptable given where we're trying to stay at in the league & the fact they were understrength.