Newcastle United 2 - 0 Crystal Palace - 27/01/10 - Post match reaction from p19

Dave

I'm not saying you shouldn't, all I'm saying is their was no reason for most of you to complain like we were losing the game, we were winning, doesn't matter how we were just that we were and to be fair Palace had few chances to threaten that.

Some of us are thinking beyond this season and the terror that could await us in the Premier League.

Performances simply have to improve.

We are in a better position then other teams in this league have been at this point in the season and have went up and stayed up, how about that?

We could win more games 4-0 etc, it's not going to change the fact that as things stand this team is not good enough for the Premiership regardless if we win games 4-0 or 1-0.

If we get an average of 2 points per game, thats less than what weve average so far this season. that would take us to 95. west brom would then need 16 wins and 4 losses, or equivalent to equal 95. Even then it would need forest to keep going at the same pace for us to not go up. People need to calm down. I know we havent set the world alight but we kept another clean sheet with a makeshift defence and scored 2 goals.

good theory.

mine is.

if we have more points than all but one other team we will get promoted. At this moment we are on course.

can anyone describe ranger's goal?

It hit the back of the net

sounds ace! :pow:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100127/full-time-nufc-2-cpfc-0_2240137_1946792

90+3min - NEWCASTLE GOAL (2-0): And Nile Ranger wins it for The Magpies! Routledge is the provider as his slick throughball is latched onto by the livewire frontman and he races in on goal before cooly slotting past Speroni for his maiden home strike.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8480665.stm

Nile Ranger grabs a goal from inside the penalty area to the bottom right corner of the goal. Newcastle 2-0 Crystal Palace.

If we get an average of 2 points per game, thats less than what weve average so far this season. that would take us to 95. west brom would then need 16 wins and 4 losses, or equivalent to equal 95. Even then it would need forest to keep going at the same pace for us to not go up. People need to calm down. I know we havent set the world alight but we kept another clean sheet with a makeshift defence and scored 2 goals.

Who isn't calm? :lol:

If we played poorly (and by the accounts on the radio and from those at the game we did) then what's wrong with being disappointed about it?

I'm delighted with the win, we really needed it. But at some point we need to start performing to our abilities, even if it's just in preparation for next season should we win promotion. I'd like to see some signs that we're actually a decent team rather than just grinding out results against poor sides. The signs aren't forthcoming.

I entirely agree in that we are not performing to our 100% best. but this is a very scrappy league and even west brom who have a reputation as the "barcelona of the championship" are pretty scrappy as we saw last week. We lost a couple of players to injury but I still think West Brom and Forest would definately want to be in our position right now. 6 points clear if we win our game in hand (scrappily or otherwise).

Someone mention when the goals are on SSN please.

"in a few minutes" about 15 minutes ago.

Taping 2 channels on Sky+ so i.m left with fucking Desperate Housewives  :angry:

Will have to wait until 11

This, I'm having to watch this shit as well!

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

Had horrible visions of Ranger shooting straight at the keeper.  :lol:

:lol: Same

if it was still 0-0 he would have

just got back.

Absolute f***ing pile of s****.  As per, Carroll and Nolan were f***ing abysmal.  I have no idea how Pancrate has carved out a career as a professional footballer.

Chris Hughton is a f***ing muppet.  Only one change needed to be made imo (tactically, not due to injuries) which was to put Guthrie centre and Routledge right.  No idea if Jonas' knock in the first was the reason he got subbed, but he seemed to have ran it off.

can anyone describe ranger's goal?

It hit the back of the net

sounds ace! :pow:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100127/full-time-nufc-2-cpfc-0_2240137_1946792

90+3min - NEWCASTLE GOAL (2-0): And Nile Ranger wins it for The Magpies! Routledge is the provider as his slick throughball is latched onto by the livewire frontman and he races in on goal before cooly slotting past Speroni for his maiden home strike.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8480665.stm

Nile Ranger grabs a goal from inside the penalty area to the bottom right corner of the goal. Newcastle 2-0 Crystal Palace.

thank you!  can't get to see here in chicago...  :(

just got back.

Absolute f***ing pile of s****.  As per, Carroll and Nolan were f***ing abysmal.  I have no idea how Pancrate has carved out a career as a professional footballer.

Chris Hughton is a f***ing muppet.  Only one change needed to be made imo (tactically, not due to injuries) which was to put Guthrie centre and Routledge right.  No idea if Jonas' knock in the first was the reason he got subbed, but he seemed to have ran it off.

This post was better before you censored it. Why btw? :laugh:

Dave: goals are after the break, so the guy says.

Cheers pal.

But we've had over 5 minutes after the break and they're still wittering on about the Premier League games.

Weyyyyy, back to the League Cup.

Dave: goals are after the break, so the guy says.

Cheers pal.

But we've had over 5 minutes after the break and they're still wittering on about the Premier League games.

Weyyyyy, back to the League Cup.

Weyyyyy, back to the Premier League and the Everton game.

Just got back, canny poor game.  Ranger showed some great composure for his goal and his dance celebration was sublime  :lol:

Anybody else see that mortal lad in Level 7 , he was sitting in front of me with his mate drinking vodka out of a coke bottle. Didn't last 30 minutes and stumbled off before get chucked out. Plonker.

just got back.

This post was better before you censored it. Why btw? :laugh:

eh, what?