Victor Moses joins Wigan Athletic

Stifler

Half this forum think we are going to fuck it up and struggle to get promoted so why would Moses think any different?

Wigan are already there and currently sitting 14th place so there is every chance they will be in the Premier league next season. I can see why Moses would see them as the safer bet for him playing premier league football. I agree they are a nothing club with shite support but I doubt his long term plans are to stay there (despite what he will inevitably say in a press conference if he does sign).

They will be a good shop window where he knows if he shows his talent bigger clubs will take more notice.

We MUST match Wigans offer but I bet he won't :( gutted

why MUST we ? i'd guess the lad just wants to get into the prem as soon as possible.

because we wont be allowed to speak to him unless we do. unbelievable i know

thats up to the player. if man utd offered 1million for him do you think he'd say "ah well only wigans offer has been accepted so i guess i'll go therer"

no but Man Utd still wont be allowed to speak to him

You don't seem to be up to speed on administration. If Moses refused to sign for Wigan, then the administrator would look at the next best offer on behalf of Palace & its creditors, this process would repeated until highest bid on the table & Moses find a match. The human element makes this tricky for a administrator to deal with as they usually operate in a world where best price is king.

As I said above I really cant see Moses/Tony Finnegan turning down a offer that is going to be a hell of lot more than he is on now.

and he gets into the prem as soon as possible

I'm completely baffled here.  Don't quite understand what the whole argument is about.  Bid the most, get the right to talk to him.  End of.  Would love to think atm we're in negotiations with Palace's administrators upping our offer to try and hijack the deal, but despite their surprising good work so far, it wouldn't surprise me if Llambias and Ashley are having a 'day off'.

if only it actually worked that way.

please explain?

i have done on the previous page.

if the player wants to go elsewhere he just tells the admins that he wants to go elsewhere, if he doesn't get a chance to talk to them he will stay put and they get nowt.

if the club are in a decent financial position and he has years left on his contract it wont work but they are desperate for cash and will take lose the extra half million or so as it is better than nothing.

aye, and he's obviously happy to go to Wigan as he's as far as having a medical if you believe SSN.  He's obviously not too arsed about signing for us.

why MUST we ? i'd guess the lad just wants to get into the prem as soon as possible.

thats up to the player. if man utd offered 1million for him do you think he'd say "ah well only wigans offer has been accepted so i guess i'll go therer"

You don't seem to be up to speed on administration. If Moses refused to sign for Wigan, then the administrator would look at the next best offer on behalf of Palace & its creditors, this process would repeated until highest bid on the table & Moses find a match. The human element makes this tricky for a administrator to deal with as they usually operate in a world where best price is king.

As I said above I really cant see Moses/Tony Finnegan turning down a offer that is going to be a hell of lot more than he is on now.

i said i wasnt gonna say anymore on it

but he is not going to turn wigan down so bearing that in mind the only way we are gonna be in with a chance is to up our bid so we can speak to him *screams* :)

One phone call or fax matching their offer does not waste time, they say okay you can talk to him, we make him oan offer he saus yes or no. Its easy enough, he says yes we are over the moon, he saus no we move  on.

But he won't say yes. It's like us putting an offer in for Tevez. It might get accepted, but he wouldn't say yes because he has a better offer.

Moses wants to play in the Premier League, and for a decent team. We are/have neither atm.

The lads a Palace fan, as if he's going to totally screw his club by point blank refusing to talk to the only club who's had an offer accepted for him, only an utter cunt would fuck them up even further then they already have been.  He'll choose between the clubs that have had offers accepted for him, Wigan are the only club that have so he'll go their, simple as that.

We do not know he won't come here, if Ashley is serious about getting him he can match Wigans offer and go head to head to try and lure him OR beat their offer and see if we can tempt him if we are the only ones talking to him.

The lads a Palace fan, as if he's going to totally screw his club by point blank refusing to talk to the only club who's had an offer accepted for him, only an utter c*** would f*** them up even further then they already have been.  He'll choose between the clubs that have had offers accepted for him, Wigan are the only club that have so he'll go their, simple as that.

more likely he'll choose the prem over the fizzy pop.

We do not know he won't come here, if Ashley is serious about getting him he can match Wigans offer and go head to head to try and lure him OR beat their offer and see if we can tempt him if we are the only ones talking to him.

But it still comes down to the fact that they are in the Premier League and we aren't. Players don't come on a promise, and if we don't improve we aren't even headed there anyway.

i said i wasnt gonna say anymore on it

but he is not going to turn wigan down so bearing that in mind the only way we are gonna be in with a chance is to up our bid so we can speak to him *screams* :)

Offer 1/5th of Kevin Nolan's weekly salary more than Wigans bid & our bid would be the best offer for Palace & its creditors. Usually approx £10K would not alter much in a bidding war but the administrator has to get the best deal possible so they would have to act accordingly.

One phone call or fax matching their offer does not waste time, they say okay you can talk to him, we make him oan offer he saus yes or no. Its easy enough, he says yes we are over the moon, he saus no we move  on.

But he won't say yes. It's like us putting an offer in for Tevez. It might get accepted, but he wouldn't say yes because he has a better offer.

Moses wants to play in the Premier League, and for a decent team. We are/have neither atm.

What did he have for his dinner today since you obviously know him so well, what total bollocks you're talking.

The lads a Palace fan, as if he's going to totally screw his club by point blank refusing to talk to the only club who's had an offer accepted for him, only an utter c*** would f*** them up even further then they already have been.  He'll choose between the clubs that have had offers accepted for him, Wigan are the only club that have so he'll go their, simple as that.

He'll choose the team which wants him more IMO. Wigan are going the extra mile, we aren't.

As if its that clear cut..

seems like it. i've spelled out two or three times how easy it would be for him if he even wanted to hear what we had to say to him (assuming he doesn't already)

He said he wanted to go where he has the most chance of 1st team football, he was at the game on Wednesday and was said to be very impressed by the stadium and the turnout we got. I think he would come here but we won't have that option if we do not match Wigans offer. Its costing us nothing to match it, just give outselves a chance is all I want.

I don't understand why people get so wrapped up in these transfers. I'd of liked to see the lad in a black and white shirt too but it was always a long shot with Premier League clubs in the running.

We're still not the best prospect in the world, we struggled to attract players in the summer and matters off the pitch haven't really changed at all. We still have an owner who will flog at the first sign of someone meeting his asking price, no proper manager and rumours of players running the dressing room. Yeah Wigan aren't the ideal club but they've got a stable structure and as many of said he'll give himself a chance to show what he can do at the highest level, thus advertising himself to the big boys. Martinez also has Wigan playing much, much better football than ourselves, career wise its an absolute no brianer.

Chances our even if our bid was accepted he'd turn as down but as far as the bid goes we don't know the circumstances surrounding it, it isn't as simple as FM. His agent may of told us it's a waste of time or that he's demanding silly wages, Ashley may have his eye on cheaper alternatives, the list goes on but I'm afraid it isn't just as simple as sticking a bid in.

The window has gone OK so far but we need a striker and in an ideal world an attacking midfielder, Hughton has said as much about the former. I'm unsure why people pour themselves over these potential transfers before they're even done, this was always going to be a long shot. As far as I'm concerned if we get striker with a bit of pace who knows where the goal is I'll be happy even if it's on loan until the summer. Yeah Moses would of been fantastic but people were getting far too excited when a deal was some way off, we need to to realise we're still not the most attractive option out there and a majority of Prmeier League clubs are going to be a more attractive alternative.

seems like it. i've spelled out two or three times how easy it would be for him if he even wanted to hear what we had to say to him (assuming he doesn't already)

Oh come on, are you telling me that if the lad prefered to sign for us he'd refuse to sign for the one club that have had an offer accepted and try to force them to accept a lower offer which would then screw his boyhood club even more, a club that are already in admin.  Don't talk daft man.  For a player to refuse to sign for a team and try to force a lower offer even in normal circumstances would take a massive gap between the two sides.  To do it in this situation it'd have to be Wigan vs Barca not Wigan vs Newcastle.

IMO if we matched their offer we'd have a good chance, he might prefer to come to a bigger club who is almost guarenteed to be in the Premiership next season vs a smaller one that will likely be relegated this season.  That does not mean I think he's absolutely desperate to sign for us, which is what he would take for him to even consider doing what you suggest.

as if he is gonna turn down Wigan in the premier league to hear what we 'might' offer him. He will be more than happy to join Wigan id imagine. Why would he turn down a good deal. the only way he would come here is if we offered him a better deal. Only way that will happen is if we up our bid.

there is not one chance in hell that he will turn down Wigan when we cant even talk to him.

that is the real world not FM world

The lads a Palace fan, as if he's going to totally screw his club

It wouldnt be the 1st time Palace have been let down & got less than the market rate for young players: Bostock & Routledge.

Surprised no clubs have went for Scannell who was Championship Apprentice of the Year 2008-09.

What did he have for his dinner today since you obviously know him so well, what total bollocks you're talking.

Bollocks? So you think he would choose the Championship over the Premiership?

Get your head out of your arse and you'd see what an unattractive proposition we are right now.

as if he is gonna turn down Wigan in the premier league to hear what we 'might' offer him. He will be more than happy to join Wigan id imagine. Why would he turn down a good deal. the only way he would come here is if we offered him a better deal. Only way that will happen is if we up our bid.

there is not one chance in hell that he will turn down Wigan when we cant even talk to him.

that is the real world not FM world

he wouldn't be turning them down, he'd be talking to all. if man utd bid 1mill for him do you think he'd say "dearie me, i wont talk to them as they didn't meet the asking price" ?

as adam johnson has recently done at boro from a less strong personal position.