Points target

Rob W

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2008-2009/table/2009-01-24

Last Season (after 28 games):

Wolves          59pts

Reading        54pts

Birmingham  52pts

Sheff Utd      47pts

Preston        47pts

Cardiff          45pts

Burnley        43pts

This Season (after 28 games, presuming we beat cardiff):

Newcastle    59pts

West Brom    53pts

Forest            52pts

Cardiff          45pts

Swansea      42pts

Sheff Utd      41pts

Blackpool      40pts

Spookily similar but thankfully, the 59pt team eventually got promoted  O0

Next 9 games for us = unbeaten run??

I think we need to aim for 27 points!  We dont need to fear any of those 9 teams.

The 10th game is newc vs notts forest.  WHich i hope we will be able to enjoy by then, as we could be more or less promoted...approx 80 pts.

tbh i cant see where west brom will lose points either, but am guessing they will draw more than us(hope). WIll be frustrating if they enter april less than 10 pts behind us: I want the title not just promotion!

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2008-2009/table/2009-01-24

Last Season (after 28 games):

Wolves          59pts

Reading         54pts

Birmingham   52pts

Sheff Utd       47pts

Preston         47pts

Cardiff           45pts

Burnley         43pts

This Season (after 28 games, presuming we beat cardiff):

Newcastle     59pts

West Brom    53pts

Forest            52pts

Cardiff           45pts

Swansea       42pts

Sheff Utd      41pts

Blackpool      40pts

Spookily similar but thankfully, the 59pt team eventually got promoted  O0

It's also worth noting it after this game last season where Wolves started dropping points by drawing and losing games.

I think we've made the right signings to help up push on, Routledge especially looks like the impact player we've need along the right to give us some balance in the team.

I'm still not sure we're dead certs for automatic promotion though, I think Forest and West Brom are pushing us too well to relax and begin to churn out games until the end of the season.

We have 3  tough games left IMHO

Derby & Swansea away and Forest at home - the rest are pretty drossy

We also have a dream run in at the end of the season

right now drawing the remainder of our games would see us in the playoffs

We have 3  tough games left IMHO

Derby & Swansea away and Forest at home - the rest are pretty drossy

We also have a dream run in at the end of the season

right now drawing the remainder of our games would see us in the playoffs

I think we have decent run in too - but how you can say that Derby and Swansea are the toughies and the rest of the fixtures are 'drossy' puzzles me.

We have Sheff U at home, The Smogs away, Watford away amongst others - all of which I see as being as difficult as travelling to Derby.  We should do it, but I don't think we can take 15 of our reamining 18 fixtures for granted.

Every game is potentially tough, and should be treated as such.

Take away last nights game and we've been fuking wank for months and looked ready to throw it all away. Lets not go back in to that comfort zone, it's done fuk all good for us in the past.

`Take away last nights game and we've been fuking `

true, but this is first time we have had quality up BOTH left and right, and guthrie in the middle.  LEts hope our manager is finally learning and will repeat this formation.  I suspect he may still be cautious on the road tho.

`Take away last nights game and we've been fuking `

true, but this is first time we have had quality up BOTH left and right, and guthrie in the middle.  LEts hope our manager is finally learning and will repeat this formation.  I suspect he may still be cautious on the road tho.

My optimism for the rest of the reason has taken a big shift up, like i said at the start of the window, go in to Feb with the same squad and we won't get promoted. Feel like its all possible again.

Win at home, draw away and were back in the prem. He won't drop the Smith/Butt/Nolan stranglehold on the centre straight away but if results go our away (both ours and others) we might see more creativity later on in the season, especially if Barton gets back fit.

Every game is potentially tough, and should be treated as such.

Take away last nights game and we've been fuking wank for months and looked ready to throw it all away. Lets not go back in to that comfort zone, it's done fuk all good for us in the past.

We've not been playing very well but that's just not true. We're unbeaten in like 17 or something. Forest and West Brom have closed the gap but we've never been anything less than 'comfortably' first.

Just looking at the league table and it's quite encouraging to see after this weekend we'll have almost played the other 6 best teams in the league twice - WBA, Cardiff, Swansea, Leicester and Palace (who should have 43 points). The other sides in the top 10 still have to come up here too - Forest, Sheff U, Barnsley and Blackpool.

No reason why we can't still wallop the shite and get to 100.