Points target

Rob W

I know we aren't suppposed to mention fixture lists and such but, so I'll try and steer clear of naming teams. March looks like a tough away program for us, the 3 games there away from home are all against teams that are the type that could beat us.

April looks easier, and our last game of the season is a good opponent. Feburary is the crucial month for us, there's a lot of games but if we can come out of the month with a cushion of 7 or 8 points on third, it would take a huge efffort from both of the other two and a terrible run of form from us to not secure promotion.

Still find it hard not to think 85 points will be enough, but a lot of that depends on Forest not being able to sustain their run, I think WBA will beat 85, but if Forest continue in the form they are in they will too. I really pity the 3rd place team whoever they end up being, because all three clubs are a lot better than the rest of the league, and unfortunately it's rare that the 3rd place team wins the playoffs, as happened to us in 91.

I know we aren't suppposed to mention fixture lists and such but, so I'll try and steer clear of naming teams. March looks like a tough away program for us, the 3 games there away from home are all against teams that are the type that could beat us.

April looks easier, and our last game of the season is a good opponent. Feburary is the crucial month for us, there's a lot of games but if we can come out of the month with a cushion of 7 or 8 points on third, it would take a huge efffort from both of the other two and a terrible run of form from us to not secure promotion.

Still find it hard not to think 85 points will be enough, but a lot of that depends on Forest not being able to sustain their run, I think WBA will beat 85, but if Forest continue in the form they are in they will too. I really pity the 3rd place team whoever they end up being, because all three clubs are a lot better than the rest of the league, and unfortunately it's rare that the 3rd place team wins the playoffs, as happened to us in 91.

I went through the predictor on BBC, trying to be as fair as possible, we ended with 103 points.

I'll change that up.

same funilly enough...103...that was with a few draws mind

Yeah, I threw a few draws in there, and even a few losses too. Still didn't work.

89 points on the predictor.

Exactly the same here.

When I was doing it I literally thought it was to be like 110points, then when I refreshed I couldn't believe it. I only put like 2 losses and they were just bizarre ones. I was going through the games though and was just thinking like, we won't get beat by anyone. We're just too damn good!

89 points on the predictor.

Exactly the same here.

When I was doing it I literally thought it was to be like 110points, then when I refreshed I couldn't believe it. I only put like 2 losses and they were just bizarre ones. I was going through the games though and was just thinking like, we won't get beat by anyone. We're just too damn good!

Yeah I only had us to lose 3 more and thought it was fair. Unfortunately Forest and WBA both finished on 100 for me.

What's our record for most league games unbeaten in a row? I think the record for wins is the 11 last promotion, but would be good to break some record this year. I think we're currently 15 unbeaten since Scunthorpe away.

The 5-1 against Cardiff set a new club record with 15 unbeaten yeah. Now we'll be going for the longest unbeaten record at home, not sure what that is though.

WBA fans are getting quite excited by the prospect of Cardiff going bust because it would cost us 6 points and Forest 4, whereas they'd lose no points as it stands (They lost to them once and play them again on Tuesday). Plus us and Forest still have to play each other.

If West Brom lose on Tuesday we might need to have a bit of a cushion in order to not worry about Cardiff suddenly imploding with two games to go and changing everything.

Just did the predictor, had us finishing with 92 points which was only good enough for 3rd :( I was being cautious with our results, predicting a few losses at Swansea, Watford, Boro and Bristol City and failure to beat Forest at home. I was also probably over estimating West Brom and Forest, predicting WBA would only get beat 1 more time this season, and just 2 more defeats for Forest.

Last year I ran the predictor an number of times, and almost every time I did it it had West Brom, Boro and Hull being relegated. So I'm not going to panic just yet.

WBA fans are getting quite excited by the prospect of Cardiff going bust because it would cost us 6 points and Forest 4, whereas they'd lose no points as it stands (They lost to them once and play them again on Tuesday). Plus us and Forest still have to play each other.

If West Brom lose on Tuesday we might need to have a bit of a cushion in order to not worry about Cardiff suddenly imploding with two games to go and changing everything.

I'm not sure what the rules are on a club going totally out of busines, it's highly unlikely that it would happen to Cardiff at this stage, they may go into recievership but the process of actually dissapearing from existence takes a little longer than the 3 months or so we have left in the season. Just look at how long the pompey debacle has taken.

Anyway not sure the rules it's certainly not fair to the teams, like ourselves who've done well against Cardiff, and impacts other fixtures, you would take a different approach to a game knowing that you had less points than you did. But like I said it's a moot point, as it's not going to happen.

I'm not sure what the rules are on a club going totally out of busines, it's highly unlikely that it would happen to Cardiff at this stage, they may go into recievership but the process of actually dissapearing from existence takes a little longer than the 3 months or so we have left in the season. Just look at how long the pompey debacle has taken.

Anyway not sure the rules it's certainly not fair to the teams, like ourselves who've done well against Cardiff, and impacts other fixtures, you would take a different approach to a game knowing that you had less points than you did. But like I said it's a moot point, as it's not going to happen.

The reasoning behind writing off all previous fixtures is because you can't have some teams playing less games than others.  Would be a bit of a sickener to miss out on promotion by 2 points when you had a game in hand.

The reasoning behind writing off all previous fixtures is because you can't have some teams playing less games than others.  Would be a bit of a sickener to miss out on promotion by 2 points when you had a game in hand.

If it ever happened, which like I said I don't see in this case, they could fall back to a different method, for example, awarding the average points a team has gained per game to the teams unable to fulfill their fixtures, or getting those teams short to make up their fixtures by playing other teams that are short again. Not fair but neither is just discounting all the fixtures from the team that had trouble. What if your player was booked or sent off, or picked up an injury in one of those games against the team ? It would be a nightmare to sort out. But I don't see it ever happening, if worst came to worst, the league would probably step in to ensure that the fixture list is completed.

Pretty sure some kind of deal would be done to ensure Cardiff (and Portsmouth and Southend for that matter) were able to fulfil their fixtures to complete the season. Not saing it definitely won't happen but I'd be astonished if it did.

"how you can say that Derby and Swansea are the toughies "    :undecided: :undecided:

see why????

The context in which I said that is important (as well you know)  I wasn't saying that they weren't tough, rather questioning why you would say that a number of our other fixtures were any less tough.  You said the others looked 'drossy'.  We'll see.

Trust me,West Brom fans are not getting excited about Cardiff, we are too used to disappointment to fall for dreams like that, Cardiff will not go bump,YET, they have next years season ticket money in the bank after the gullible fans payed up front.

Points target, well who knows, I think we are five points ahead of our points total last time we got promoted, it will be over 90, but by how much, pure guess work!