Twitter

Thespence

Bale is not in the top 20 players in the world man! Jesus Christ!

Messi

Ronaldo

Xavi

Iniesta

Falcoa

Van Persie

Ibrahimovic

Cavani

Aguero no

David Silva

Rooney no

Suarez

Mata

Fabregas

Ozil

Pirlo

Xabi Alonso no

Yaya Toure no

Thiago Silva

Dani Alves no

Busquets no

I could easily go on by including more defenders in that list.

All of those apart from Pirlo are better players. Pick a player from Bayern instead and that's it.

Messi

Ronaldo

Xavi

Iniesta

Falcoa

Van Persie

Ibrahimovic

Cavani

Aguero no

David Silva

Rooney no

Suarez

Mata

Fabregas

Ozil

Pirlo

Xabi Alonso no

Yaya Toure no

Thiago Silva

Dani Alves no

Busquets no

All of those apart from Pirlo are better players. Pick a player from Bayern instead and that's it.

:dowie:

Guest firetotheworks

Messi

Ronaldo

Xavi

Iniesta

Falcoa

Van Persie

Ibrahimovic

Cavani

Aguero no

David Silva

Rooney no

Suarez

Mata

Fabregas

Ozil

Pirlo

Xabi Alonso no

Yaya Toure no

Thiago Silva

Dani Alves no

Busquets no

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF............FFFFFFFFFF...FFFFFFFFFF........FFFFFFFFFF....T.

You're off your very tits there like Chancellor Chuckles.

Messi

Ronaldo

Xavi

Iniesta

Falcoa

Van Persie

Ibrahimovic

Cavani

Aguero no

David Silva

Rooney no

Suarez

Mata

Fabregas

Ozil

Pirlo

Xabi Alonso no

Yaya Toure no

Thiago Silva

Dani Alves no

Busquets no

Been a passenger for the past 6 months in Juventus. Had two good games at the Euro's. Media etc etc.

Guest firetotheworks

So what was Bale after the two Inter Milan matches for most of the time? In hibernation? This is his first  real run of form since then.

Pirlo was the most important player in Juve waltzing Serie A and was mint at the Euros. Putting Bale even on the same level at this stage is daft.

So what was Bale after the two Inter Milan matches for most of the time? In hibernation? This is his first  real run of form since then.

Pirlo was the most important player in Juve waltzing Serie A and was mint at the Euros. Putting Bale even on the same level at this stage is daft.

Still don't rate Bale as particularly better than Pirlo. Don't think any of them should be in among the top 20 players in the world.

:thup: I'd be careful even putting Bale and Pirlo in the same sentence, let alone suggesting they are of comparable ability. Pirlo has been doing the do for years and years. If Bale wasn't British, he'd be just another good (diving) player...

:thup: I'd be careful even putting Bale and Pirlo in the same sentence, let alone suggesting they are of comparable ability. Pirlo has been doing the do for years and years. If Bale wasn't British, he'd be just another good (diving) player...

Why does the past matter in this case? Are we not talking current ability? Bale is vastly overrated but he's better than "good".

Messi

Ronaldo

Xavi

Iniesta

Falcoa

Van Persie

Ibrahimovic

Cavani

Aguero no

David Silva

Rooney no

Suarez

Mata

Fabregas

Ozil

Pirlo

Xabi Alonso no

Yaya Toure no

Thiago Silva

Dani Alves no

Busquets no

Been a passenger for the past 6 months in Juventus. Had two good games at the Euro's. Media etc etc.

He has been very good this season, bit of a dip in form since xmas, but before then he was running the show. Still one of the top top players in the world. Better than Bale like

Messi

Ronaldo

Xavi

Iniesta

Falcoa

Van Persie

Ibrahimovic

Cavani

Aguero no

David Silva

Rooney no

Suarez

Mata

Fabregas

Ozil

Pirlo

Xabi Alonso no

Yaya Toure no

Thiago Silva

Dani Alves no

Busquets no

He has been very good this season, bit of a dip in form since xmas, but before then he was running the show. Still one of the top top players in the world. Better than Bale like

Thoroughly disagree, watched quite a bit of Juventus and one of my closest friends is a die hard fan. Been livid with him all season, saying his reputation is saving him and that they're practically playing with ten men when he's in the side. Had his best game of the season the other week though.

Why does the past matter in this case? Are we not talking current ability? Bale is vastly overrated but he's better than "good".

The past matters in this case because Pirlo has established himself over many years to be a simply world class player. Enough of a background to suggest that he may, as some have said, be having a small blip, but it still an outstanding player.

Bale has had a very good season. But because he hasn't had many years at this level, it is impossible to say whether he a good player in exceptional form, or genuinely developing into a world class player.

Messi

Ronaldo

Xavi

Iniesta

Falcoa

Van Persie

Ibrahimovic

Cavani

Aguero no

David Silva

Rooney no

Suarez

Mata

Fabregas

Ozil

Pirlo

Xabi Alonso no

Yaya Toure no

Thiago Silva

Dani Alves no

Busquets no

Thoroughly disagree, watched quite a bit of Juventus and one of my closest friends is a die hard fan. Been livid with him all season, saying his reputation is saving him and that they're practically playing with ten men when he's in the side. Had his best game of the season the other week though.

As do I, supporting Milan which probably lowers my expectation of centre mids, but I thought up til Xmas, though Vidal is more noticeable in the midfield, Pirlo was fantastic. some of the link up play and his poise on the ball has been just beautiful to watch. He doesn't catch the eye as much as he doesn't really get assists due to his deep lying role,  but he has a decent hand in alot of their goals. Agree to disagree anyway.

The past matters in this case because Pirlo has established himself over many years to be a simply world class player. Enough of a background to suggest that he may, as some have said, be having a small blip, but it still an outstanding player.

Bale has had a very good season. But because he hasn't had many years at this level, it is impossible to say whether he a good player in exceptional form, or genuinely developing into a world class player.

Agree with you on Bale. As for Pirlo, in his prime I'd agree. Just don't think Pirlo can be said to be in the world class bracket anymore, doesn't do defensive duties at all, too slow and gets tired too early in games, at least for me. Loads of players that I'd put ahead of him. Anyway, enough.

Messi

Ronaldo

Xavi

Iniesta

Falcoa

Van Persie

Ibrahimovic

Cavani

Aguero no

David Silva

Rooney no

Suarez

Mata

Fabregas

Ozil

Pirlo

Xabi Alonso no

Yaya Toure no

Thiago Silva

Dani Alves no

Busquets no

:facepalm:

Messi

Ronaldo

Xavi

Iniesta

Falcoa

Van Persie

Ibrahimovic

Cavani

Aguero no

David Silva

Rooney no

Suarez

Mata

Fabregas

Ozil

Pirlo

Xabi Alonso no

Yaya Toure no

Thiago Silva

Dani Alves no

Busquets no

:facepalm:

Not really.

To be honest I simply don't buy your claim that you regularly watch Juve if that's your opinion.

It's an opinion I share with many Juventus supporters so I doubt it's my terrible judgement of his performances that's the problem here.

Also, I recall several articles during the latter part of 2012 debating whether he should quit the national team to regain his form for Juventus.

Messi

Ronaldo

Xavi

Iniesta

Falcoa

Van Persie

Ibrahimovic

Cavani

Aguero no

David Silva

Rooney no

Suarez

Mata

Fabregas

Ozil

Pirlo

Xabi Alonso no

Yaya Toure no

Thiago Silva

Dani Alves no

Busquets no

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF............FFFFFFFFFF...FFFFFFFFFF........FFFFFFFFFF....T.

You're off your very tits there like Chancellor Chuckles.

Yeah reading that back I think iv probably gone a bit mad, bale is still up there though, if you picked 5 teams with any players in the world im sure someone would have him in there...

Pirlo has been one of the best players of the last decade. Somebody as good as say Schweinsteiger isn't on the same planet, that's the level of player he is. Even if his form has dipped in the last 6 months (it hasn't anymore than Juve have as a whole, Juve are still a far better and more expansive team when he plays) it's still not enough to claim that Bale is better. Especially since this is being built on Bale simply having 6 months of good form himself.

Pirlo has been one of the best players of the last decade. Somebody as good as say Schweinsteiger isn't on the same planet, that's the level of player he is. Even if his form has dipped in the last 6 months (it hasn't anymore than Juve have as a whole, Juve are still a far better and more expansive team when he plays) it's still not enough to claim that Bale is better. Especially since this is being built on Bale simply having 6 months of good form himself.

I've never claimed Bale is a better player. I believe they're on par judging current ability. I'm well aware of Pirlo's class and contribution over his career. I just think he's shown signs of not being that player anymore in the past couple of months. His performances have been too up and down, mostly the latter. When on form, he's a far better player than Bale. However, taking all of into account, I'd probably rate both of them pretty much the same, and neither of them among the top 20.

Pirlo was the lynchpin of an unbeaten season and took a national side to major final 6 months ago. :lol:

Gareth '1 assist this season' Bale scored some goals against Norwich, Aston Villa and West Brom.

He also has 11 goals this season, had 9 goals 14 assists last season. I still agree he's massively overrated, so no disagreement there.

Still not a big fan of putting so much emphasis on big tournament performances. Pirlo's guidance to that major tournament final was one shit penalty away from ending against England. Last season he was amazing, no questioning that.

He was excellent in the Euros, I don't know how anybody could try and argue otherwise.

Yes he had a good Euro campaign and he's a great player. I'm just arguing that he's suffered a severe drop in form/ability in the past months that puts him outside of my top 20 players in the world.

Obviously you don't agree so let's leave it at that. :lol: