Twitter

Thespence

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen

Mancini praising Hart through gritted teeth made me laugh. Seems like a public spat to me stemming from Harts interview after R.Madrid game.

Hart always very honest in his assessment in interviews after games. Not sure every manager likes that. Mancini obviously doesn't!

One thing is certain, I couldn't imagine a similar scenario occurring at their next door neighbours. Issues always dealt with in house.

I hate this cunt.

Mancini praising Hart through gritted teeth made me laugh. Seems like a public spat to me stemming from Harts interview after R.Madrid game.

Hart always very honest in his assessment in interviews after games. Not sure every manager likes that. Mancini obviously doesn't!

One thing is certain, I couldn't imagine a similar scenario occurring at their next door neighbours. Issues always dealt with in house.

I hate this cunt.

When he retires he's going to look back and realise that every former club's supporters hate him.  :aww:

I think there's a charm for Man U fans having a player who was once great at their biggest rivals, as a bit part player, but still give them a few moments (winner against Man City, hat trick in Wolfsburg, goal in a cup final).

It'd be a bit look us signing Kevin Phillips a few years back being 3rd/4th choice, scoring an important winner against a rival, getting a European hat-trick and helping win a Cup Final...knowing a legend for your rival was shit, but still helped do those things would be weirdly satisfying.

Guest firetotheworks

Maybe so but Bale's still not one of the top 20 players in the world. Not at this moment in time anyway.

How about now?

At this precise point in time, definitely. Overall definitely not.

In fairness (never thought I would defend Michael Owen), James Talbot sounds like a bit of a tool.

Haven't read any of his other tweets and I will admit I don't lke Owen so was always going to be biased but based on those two tweets this Talbot lad comes out on top.

The fact that Owen is playing the "I was in a very lucking position, what have you ever done pleb!?" card as if being good at a sport automatically puts you above everyone else is always going to put him in the bellend category. If the bloke he was talking to is/was in the army then it just compounds this.

Owen needs to stop thinking that being good at football years backs makes him some sort of higher being, especially if he is using something like twitter where most of the people he will come across are us "normal" people.